home

Author Topic: W-E Greet and Paint ...  (Read 16935 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
W-E Greet and Paint ...
« on: May 22, 2020, 12:01:57 AM »
Hi folks!

So per last week's chatting around here somewhere, I set up a meeting session via the Zoom software platform.

If you'd like to attend, it is set for this Saturday, May 23rd, 10am EST which is currently 5 hours behind England so 3pm GMT.  That means folks on the west coast here could pop in at their time of 7am, or maybe a wee bit later, if that is too early.  And anyone in the time zone where Germany is could join us at 4pm their time.

The meeting is set to go for three hours, although you can even just pop in for a few minutes if you'd like.  Otherwise bring your paint, brushes, and whatever you're working on.  Feel free to bring your on snacks and beverage, they haven't perfected a way where I can serve food and drinks yet via the internet yet.

And remember ... the way that the platform is set up, if there is cross talk, it makes it hard to understand, so it is best for one person at a time to chat.  Be kind and let everyone get some words.

If you plan to attend, let me know, send a pm with email address, and I'll send along the meeting number and password on Saturday morning.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:20:41 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: W-E Greet and Paint ...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:06:55 AM »
Excellent stuff GP. I'm hoping to join. It might be closer to 11.00 EST, but I'll be able to confirm better later.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »
Oh, hang on. Slightly confused. You mean Saturday (tomorrow) don't you? I might still be able to make it.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 12:23:00 PM »
Yes, I added a second reference in the original post to Saturday.  This upcoming Saturday, May 23rd, 10am Eastern Standard time.

That means 7am Pacific time.  3pm GMT.  Folks can feel free to stop in anytime, even if only for a few minutes.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 09:23:33 PM »
I would like to try to jump in on this. Maybe see if I can clear a spot at my painting table.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 10:35:40 PM »
Me too. Wil try hard. Some things need to happen tomorrow morning but I may be able to swing it. Will pm GP
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 11:12:11 PM »
So far ... GP, Padre, 023, Artoban ... oh, and PhillyT!

I got Padre's and Artoban's email addresses.

So don't forget to pm me your email address, and then I can send out the meeting number and password on Saturday!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 01:43:46 AM »
Fantastic idea GP! I'm pretty busy tomorrow but I'll make a point of trying to pop in for a little bit.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 02:13:31 AM »
Well .. so far I have email addresses from Padre, Artoban, Gankom, but still none from 023 nor Phil.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 10:33:10 AM »
Has Mids noticed this? And if so, has he expressed an interest?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »
Has Mids noticed this? And if so, has he expressed an interest?

I’m pretty sure he did somewhere
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 01:08:45 PM »
Ok gentlemen ...

I'm up, breakfast is complete, had my does of the back Table this morning, a second pot of coffee needs to be brewed, and I need to get showered, shaved, and presentable.  No suit and tie though, I save that for the ladies, or business.  This is just painting and chatting with cool dudes.

If you're not familiar with Zoom ... don't forget to load the software before trying to get into the meeting.  :icon_wink:

I'll try to get the meeting started around 9:45 EST, but no promise, see ya soon. :::cheers:::

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »
Mids has zoom locked and loaded.

Trying to cut some bases, and had to ride the exercise bike, and then did some chores and there is soccer on as well in Germany.  :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
I myself should be on in about 45 minutes. Apparently, we had vital pandemic budgerigar supplies to buy on our way home from my walk.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »
I'm hoping to get on soon, but every time I finish one set of chores I'm conscripted into the next!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 03:28:22 PM »
Well we got Artoban, Midaski, 023, Padre, me ... all hobbying and chatting away.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 04:38:36 PM »
Damn I didn’t anticipate it would be this early!  Still going?
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2020, 05:10:37 PM »
Just ended. We were down to myself and GP, close to the 'official' end when GP knocked his water pot over and ruined his paint palette and much more besides, so we had to end really!

It was great seeing and hearing Artobahn, 023, GP and Mids. Admittedly it was a bit hard to follow every now and again, what with using a phone which has to be put at the other end of the table to pick up the Wifi, but next time I will try to ensure I re-organise my cellar first so that all the things I need will be close to where i put the phone.

I hope I didn't bore anyone with the occasional mini-monologues!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2020, 06:51:42 PM »
God that Padre can talk - never shut up for the whole 3 hours.  :biggriin:

I was quite humbled by all the productivity going on - what with me and my 'spackle' and then the hacksaw.  :engel:

Oh and we saw a 3D Hologram trick by GP pretending he had got those mounted crossbows table ready - but techno wizard Padre sussed his chicanery ... ... ...  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »
Quote Mids:
Oh and we saw a 3D Hologram trick by GP pretending he had got those mounted crossbows table ready - but techno wizard Padre sussed his chicanery ... ... ...  :engel:

Indeed! He almost had me taken in.

Really can’t say how excellent it was to see faces, voices etc put to people. Padre is very funny. Had me chuckling the whole time.
Mids is a walking knowledge base but he is too quiet 😺 (not at all. Enjoyed the conversation completely)
023 - just the master you would expect
GP - excellent host and master cgi worker. I could have sworn he rotated those crossbow men 360 in his hands 😺
Me - we’ll what can you say about someone in a house coat wearing a white t-shirt with coffee stains?

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 07:21:30 PM »

I had barely started. I will have to you all 19 stories in full next time.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 07:44:22 PM »
Damn I didn’t anticipate it would be this early!  Still going?
It's in the first post of this thread. :icon_wink:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 07:57:57 PM »
Just ended. We were down to myself and GP, close to the 'official' end when GP knocked his water pot over and ruined his paint palette and much more besides, so we had to end really!
Well got that mess cleaned up!

It was great seeing and hearing Artobahn, 023, GP and Mids. Admittedly it was a bit hard to follow every now and again, what with using a phone which has to be put at the other end of the table to pick up the Wifi, but next time I will try to ensure I re-organise my cellar first so that all the things I need will be close to where i put the phone.

I hope I didn't bore anyone with the occasional mini-monologues!
When we get to this stage of life, there are plenty of stories to share. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 08:02:30 PM »
And Mids talked more on line than he does on W-E! :icon_eek:

I was quite humbled by all the productivity going on - what with me and my 'spackle' and then the hacksaw.  :engel:

:icon_lol: There are some that say denial is a symptom of senility. :icon_wink:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:44 PM »
Quote Mids:

Indeed! He almost had me taken in.

Really can’t say how excellent it was to see faces, voices etc put to people. Padre is very funny. Had me chuckling the whole time.
Mids is a walking knowledge base but he is too quiet  (not at all. Enjoyed the conversation completely)
023 - just the master you would expect
GP - excellent host and master cgi worker. I could have sworn he rotated those crossbow men 360 in his hands
Me - we’ll what can you say about someone in a house coat wearing a white t-shirt with coffee stains?
I was going to call ya a gentleman, except now you've chimed in with both the Lancastrian and Yorkist roses.  They live in the same island, yet speak two entirely different forms of English.  No wonder they can't see real mounted crossbows when they are right in front of their noses. :icon_wink:

Seriously ... it was a wonderful morning and these guys made the cake, shared it, and ate it all at the same time.  Well done gentlemen!  We'll do it again sometime.  And hopefully soon!

:icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::