home

Author Topic: Nominations for the war council  (Read 5110 times)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Nominations for the war council
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:39:14 AM »
We need 4-7 brave volunteers to fill that places of the council. We need:

A grand Marshall :

Tactican: Helblaster of Sigmar
Tactican: Episteme
Tactican:
Tactican:
Tactican:
Tactican:

We need a plan of conquest, where to attack first, where to defend. We need to allocate our battles to key location to make the most of our reduced number compared to the other sides. We can still win this quitely, build support and crush who every emerges victor from the Middenland/Stirland fight.

Volunteers step forward.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:21:56 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but what do the people who fill these postions do?
Te morturi Salutant

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:38:13 PM »
We need to plan where we attack on any given day as a team, thus we need to have a team to plan this.
We will also need to defend sites and this will mean we need to plan the defence and how amny of us who are playing should fight our battles there.
Also the team can organise more recuits, plan alliances (and when to recind on them), provide support to the the factions fighters through advice and tactics and many more things.

So why you complaining!

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:57:23 PM »
In that case I would be honoured to serve as a Tactician. I am really looking forward to this campaign getting underway and would like nothing more than get fully involved.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
How long is this campaign slated to last? As I said I will be doing my research for the next two months in New Haven and Toronto so I will have ready access to computers (and after hours of thumbing through 19th century Tractarianism I am always ready for a break to strategize :!: ) However, in August I am taking a three week vacation and will be in Russia and Ukraine, so computer access will be spotty at best (as I will mostly be on the Black Sea and in Tyumen). So if the campaign is that long then I had better abstain from any leadership positions unless we find that absolutely no one else is willing.
I've traveled all over this world, from Alabama to Louisiana, and one thing I've found is that people always want to do good.
--Maxwell Custer

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 02:52:26 PM »
We always need advicers from/in foregin parts, the council welcomes any support you can give.

So why you complaining!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 06:37:45 PM »
I will be a tactician(overall, not on the battlefield aspect) If you will take me. Just look at my thread about having one choice, and decide if I will be any good.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 07:29:47 PM »
Well, I'd like to help. However, in the holidays my internet acces is rather restricted (I'm using a cable service provided by the university), so I wouldn't be of much use, since the holidays will start soon...
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 08:37:45 PM »
Quote from: Helblaster_Of_Sigmar
Just look at my thread about having one choice, and decide if I will be any good.

Hellblaster, I will leave specific comments on your thread in the "assimilation" thread, since I think we should limit the number of threads for strategy as much as possible to avoid clutter and so that we all stay on the same "page". Basically, without knowing the specific mechanics of the campaign, I think that your ideas are quite intelligent and make a lot of sense.
I've traveled all over this world, from Alabama to Louisiana, and one thing I've found is that people always want to do good.
--Maxwell Custer

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 10:07:54 PM »
Thank you very much!

But, does everyone have their first games lined up? I have at least 2 so far within the first week.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 01:38:31 AM »
Do we have a start date?
--Maxwell Custer

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 01:51:35 AM »
Yep, I've got my first game lined up - against another Empire army, in fact. Not that it was easy to find some time, due to examinations and such. :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 03:04:43 AM »
I have one(possibly two) Empire opponents lined up with maybe a lizard army too.

@ FR1DAY So, do I get a seat on the War council?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 01:17:07 AM »
The campaign launch is early next week (the Dutch GT is on this weekend) so we better get our rear ends into gear.

Therefore I say again, I will be a Tactican gladly, I have Uni. holidays coming up and this fits in perfectly. I ask others to nominate themselves since we need to start to nut out ideas.

I have a friend in the Stirland faction, he tells me that Stirland and Middenland are planning on attacking us early and getting us out of the game.

Specifically Stirland are planning on attacking Rhya's Sisters as hard as they can. I believe we should report 75% of our battles at home as defence. The other 25% we should use as a strike force to hit individual cities.

So when the campaign goes live report winning battles at Rhya's sisters to prevent that city from falling. (So far as I know, if that doesn't change).
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 04:03:52 AM »
So FR1DAY, I think we have two tacticians(me and episteme) and I nominate you for grand Marshal. Also, we should ask cisse to be a tactician as well.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 08:03:04 AM »
Good to see you've all been active while i've been away.
I'll fill in the blank in the opening post. I'm not sure i can hold a post on the council as i'm moderating the campaign forums but i'll see.

I'll read your post in the assimalation post helblaster. We are also grateful for your information episteme, could it be false info, it came from a heretic? I think 50% would be better, give us more scope for attack.
I've already got 10 campaign victories to register from the last couple of weekends gaming. So that should hold up the line for the opening week or so and counter the numbers against us.

So why you complaining!

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 01:09:06 PM »
Yeah it could be false, who knows, but my mate was drunk/tipsy when he told me. Anyways 50/50 is fine. And if you can be Grand Marshall that would be ideal.

Anyway I'm still thinking over what we should attack first??? Any thoughts Helblaster?

Congrats. on your Dutch GT placing FR1DAY. Undefeated over 6 games is difficult to do, well done.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 01:50:31 PM »
Yeah: TAKE URDO'S FALL!!! And give up Brustenbruck to the Stirs only! If the Mids look likely to take it, the we will have to fight for it. We need to get Stirland to cut us away from Middenland to make our immediate enemies numbering one. Then abandon Brustenbruck, but hold the town a little to the left of it. Rhya's Sister must hold!! if that falls to Stirland as well as Brustenbruck, we will be in a tight spot. Not to mention, my friend has been suggesting at Stir's line of attack all of two weeks. It may be a lie, but he says Brustenbruck is what they are heading for right away, so I dout it. We should give it up, in case you have not noticed, some Stir's are a little too cozy with the Mids, I think they will try to channel them towrds us. Hence Rhya's Sister must hold, and Urdo's must fall.

P.S. , I already have two games I won against DanielHellion ready to register.

P.P.S. FR1DAY, If you are unable to find another Grand Marshal, or act as one, I would gladly serve. But please, do not think of me as overly ambitious, I know that you would be far better as Grand Marshal.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 02:00:56 PM »
I also think we should alocate some players especially to defence, as we are the weakest of the groups. The majority of the troops should attack Stirland(all your battles FR1DAY) and then Some of us with a few wins should defend.

Alright I am pretty damn sure Stirland means NOT to cut us off, I think they realize, that if they do, then we will be, perforce, allies with the Mids, only cause neither of us would have anything else to attack.

So we need to make sure that we do not register anything in Brustenbruck.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 01:18:50 AM »
Sounds like a plan. Udo's Fall's will be hard to take but if we take it we'll be sitting pretty. We'll focus our attacks there while defending Rhyda's Sisters (these names are a bit strange! lol).

I don't think anyone will be able to attack Waldschmidt at first so we can leave it until Brustenbruck falls.

Which brings me to my next point, do you think it wise to give up our only path to Bechafen? I like your idea of letting Stirs take Brustenbruck to cut off Middenland, but it is also our only city ajoining the objective? However we may have no choice since we are weaker. Also if Middenland attack Brustenbruck we should start defending it, no?

The other thing I have to ask is that although we have 16 members, very few seem active. Is it possible some of them are people who have set up a second account just to spy on us?
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 01:42:55 AM »
Quote from: episteme
Which brings me to my next point, do you think it wise to give up our only path to Bechafen? I like your idea of letting Stirs take Brustenbruck to cut off Middenland, but it is also our only city ajoining the objective? However we may have no choice since we are weaker.

We are simply too weak to think about Bechafen right now. Even if we can get a quick jump, that will only drive our enemies harder to destroy us. We have to play this like a game of Risk. In games of Risk with three or more people, you will find that the stronger players will tend to make a deal with the weaker player since the two stronger know that they will eventually have to fight each other once the third is eliminated, and neither wants to be in the weaker position once this happens. To that end, then, the third player can often regain some ground . The key for us is to lay low, simply not get eliminated and then hopefully grab what we can.

Perhaps I am being cynical? I don't think so. I believe that we are going to have a tough time keeping our heads above water, so we must concentrate, and not overstretch ourselves.

Oh, and as to our members being inactive. If you look at the post counts of the other two factions it seems that most people are fairly inactive but led by a group of diehards as with ours. I think that once this thing actually starts we will have more people active. I wouldn't ascribe this to any malignant phenomenon.
--Maxwell Custer

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 03:48:08 AM »
I've never played Risk but I'll take your word for it. Your reasoning is very sound and you have convinced me. Now we just have coordinate our efforts, hopefully they read Helblasters post and we don't get any random battle reports.

For Talabcland, For Ulric!
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 02:12:52 PM »
Quote from: episteme
I've never played Risk but I'll take your word for it.

Do you guys not have Risk in Australia? It is a pretty simple game, but it is a blast, and you can play with up to eight people all battling one another. But that is the trick, once one person breaks ahead then the others begin to team up against that person. The game can last for hours and hours with diplomacy being key (and a lot of luck). In any case, though, I think that we are probably in the position of a weaker party. I think that very quickly one of the other sides is going to feel like it needs to lay off of us and focus on what will be "the real threat" -- and then enters Talabecland!
--Maxwell Custer

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 02:35:39 PM »
I propose a slight change in stratagey! DO NOT ATTACK IMMEADEATLY!! Just defend Rhya's Sisters. I think, if FR1DAY saves his battles, then we can swing in with maybe 15 victories at once. THAT is how we should prolly do it, though this is just a tactic, not a change in stratagey.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 02:40:08 PM »
I know this is a little off-topic, but how do I get one of those sweet Talabecland shield avatars? :oops:  They really appeal to my vanity, and even though I am Bretonnian it will really help me feel more like one of the team.
--Maxwell Custer