home

Author Topic: Blood Bowl ... Mid Atlantic Cup vs Wiss!  (Read 38134 times)

Offline harv

• Members
  • success from discipline, productivity from panic
Re: Blood Bowl ... Mid Atlantic Cup vs Wiss!
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »
You need to have a minimum of 3 players setup along on the line of scrimmage which are the 7 squares in the centre of the board on the front line.

Players in the wide zone don't count towards this requirement.

I love the board, do you plan on painting white lines for the different zones?
My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Blood Bowl ... Slaanesh?
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »
The first one I am a bit fuzzy on but I think I got up early and maybe won it 3-1? Whilst no expert myself, Wiss was playing his first full length game so no major surprise there.

Opposite actually.  The 2nd game was the 3-1.  I failed a lot of rolls and it was an ugly, sad game.

That last setup was completely illegal, but that's okay. :engel:

:icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

I blame it on Siberius' Englishness.  Always the villain. 

I will let him comment on this but I think he has gone as far as beginning to construct a team, which is very cool.

I'm done with constructing my orc team.  I need to post pictures.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2014, 07:49:15 AM »
I do indeed plan on painting on the lines. Just need to get my act together and make a template!

And oops on the set up. My only slight ray of hope is that looking at the pic, I may still have been able to pull off the move if I shuffled them along and blitzed to clear the guy instead. I don't think it has ever been an issue before cos i have never had nearly so few guys upright!
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »
I think there was a real chance you still could've broken through.  My setup there was terrible in hindsight.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
I've found my major weakness in this game seems to be defending kickoffs.  My positioning is generally terrible.  Siberius really destroys me on these quick strikes.

We played another match this past weekend.  First time I ran out my team, the WAAAGHshington Greenskins.  I held 80% possession and drew 1-1, and that was miraculous.  It felt like a victory for me.  I didn't really start causing damage to his squad until mid-late 2nd half. 

not together.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2015, 03:17:48 AM »
That was partially due to my insane ability to pass armor rolls for much of the game.

As to the quick scores, I wouldn't feel too bad. It's kinda what my team is supposed to do I think. A prolonged drive gets me in trouble by getting battered. I almost feel like I am better off when you have the ball because you focus on attack and getting the ball back while you have defensive holes is vital.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »
Well, that's why I say the initial defense on kickoffs.  I think my setup invites quick strikes as I tend to put too many greenies on the front line. 

not together.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2015, 03:35:51 AM »
I must admit set up is something I haven't thought too much about. I vaguely try and cover things but I'm sure there is an optimum formation I should be using every time!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2015, 07:52:05 AM »
My setup is largely determined by the team I am playing against, and whether I or my opponent starts with the ball. If I am against a speedy team, like elves or rats, I always keep two guys deep, even on offense, because if they somehow get the ball they can set up a quick score if you don't have any safeties. Against beefy teams I tend to keep my guys off the line, forcing them to move in to me, and allowing only a few "free hits" before they must blitz.

I try bully the shit out of speedy teams by trying to knock guys to the sidelines and pinning them there when possible. I play as Chaos a lot.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2015, 03:22:47 AM »
I'd like to pay against chaos some time. So far I have only faced orcs and Norse.

Sounds like we might get a league up and running here soon though. So far I have heard people wanting to bring Norse, dwarfs and amazons. Along with my humans that'd make at least no duplicates. Sounds like my wife might try elves of some variety too.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:34 AM »
I'd like to pay against chaos some time. So far I have only faced orcs and Norse.

Sounds like we might get a league up and running here soon though. So far I have heard people wanting to bring Norse, dwarfs and amazons. Along with my humans that'd make at least no duplicates. Sounds like my wife might try elves of some variety too.

Orcs are honestly one of the best teams in the game. They are super flexible, have plenty of skill players, and Trolls are one of the better Big Guys.

If your wife tries elves I would recommend High Elves or Wood Elves. Vanilla Elves are frustrating to play with until they level way up, and Dark Elves will make people hate your guts. High Elves are super strong at low levels, while Wood Elves start strong and get much stronger as they level.

We'll have to arrange visit somehow and you can play my Chaos and beat up on my Halflings. I also have Humans, Vanilla Elves, and Orcs. I used to play a lot <.<
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline harv

• Members
  • success from discipline, productivity from panic
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:28 PM »
Makes me jealous, really hard to find people around here to play Blood Bowl with. All my friends now play DreadBall and I hate it  :lol:

I've yet to play a fantasy/sci-fi sport games that comes close to Blood Bowl  :::cheers:::
My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »
If you define close as 4 hours away...at least for me.  That's the only time I ever get to play a game.  I was going to try to introduce my LGS to the game (at some point) but they unexpectedly closed down around Christmas.

I've watched Dreadball gameplay on youtube and while at first interested the style of play doesn't really appeal to me.

not together.