home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261399 times)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1825 on: May 06, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »
Seems like after 7 years of AoS they are working on 'normal humans':
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/05/revealed-the-massive-project-to-put-mortals-back-into-mortal-realms/

I will not hold by breath. The Scale creep will probably mean that the miniatures will not be compatible with any old Empire miniatures. Maybe they produce some interesting bits though.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1826 on: May 07, 2022, 12:51:30 PM »
New figure of an Ogroid Theridon for the Everchosen announced ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4KJ5aUDy04
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1827 on: May 10, 2022, 06:52:22 PM »
Ogroid Theradons, plural. They’re basically Minotaurs/Bullgor (new and old names for the same thing) for the upcoming Slaves to Darkness book, which will also see new plastic Chosen, mounted Chaos Lord and the new Daemon Prince dual-build kit for AOS and 40k.
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1828 on: May 11, 2022, 03:20:53 AM »
I like them a lot more than the older plastic Bullgors.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1829 on: May 12, 2022, 11:58:55 AM »
Seems like after 7 years of AoS they are working on 'normal humans':
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/05/revealed-the-massive-project-to-put-mortals-back-into-mortal-realms/

If they're making new models for Warhammer: THe Old World Bretonnians, Empire and Kislev, it makes sense to have a use for the very same models in AoS.

In the worst case they're repackaging the old models with a sprue of 'Sigmar' etc. emblems. Just as they did with the IG/Cadian box with a new head sprue. But the wording and description of the project make me think that at least some genuinely new figurines will be sculpted.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1830 on: May 25, 2022, 12:32:55 AM »
Are warscrolls available anymore on the GW site? They used to have them as a download with the product. I’ve taken a break from the hobby and just revisiting it all again. I have an ogre army started but can’t copy/paste pics from Wordpress anymore. It doesn’t give me the option and that sucks. But now I started to gather all the pdf’s and they don’t seem to be available anymore
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1831 on: May 25, 2022, 01:14:30 AM »
They are not, although one can still hunt up quite a few.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1832 on: May 25, 2022, 10:51:04 AM »
Rats.  I see they are all available on the app but unprintable. I hate using the phone to look everything up. Was hoping I could print off the ones I use and laminate them. Always some catch to everything
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1833 on: May 25, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
Yep, those dastardly Skaven do tricky things when we least expect them! :icon_eek: :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1834 on: May 25, 2022, 12:15:44 PM »
Yep, those dastardly Skaven do tricky things when we least expect them! :icon_eek: :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Except they don’t exist! Who’s doing this?? 😹
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1835 on: May 25, 2022, 12:29:00 PM »
Oh my, mMaybe one of your cats! :icon_eek: :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1836 on: June 01, 2022, 07:18:47 AM »
Rats.  I see they are all available on the app but unprintable. I hate using the phone to look everything up. Was hoping I could print off the ones I use and laminate them. Always some catch to everything

Honestly, the ruleset has progressed to the point where just having the Warscrolls by themselves is... kind of useless. After the GHB introduced allegiance abilities (to much praise), they went all-in through 2nd Ed. This makes the Warscrolls only half of the equation, as the interplay between Warscrolls and the army's allegiance abilities dictates how your list will play.

Although I appreciated when AOS was simply Warscrolls, Battleplans and maybe Time of War rules, folks coming over from WHFB and 40k cried bloody murder and rules bloat has crept back in.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1837 on: June 16, 2022, 09:21:04 PM »
Veteran Infantry Take Centre Stage in the Next General’s Handbook

After a year of beatdowns from behemoths during the Era of the Beast, matched play is shifting gears in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, as the General’s Handbook: Pitched Battles 2022-23 – Season 1 comes to pre-order this weekend.

This new tome shifts the focus from the savage wilds of Thondia to the serpentine tunnels and plunging ravines of its neighbouring continent – Gallet, the Splintered Land. Here’s what you can expect in the coming season…

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/15/veteran-infantry-take-centre-stage-in-the-next-generals-handbook/

Interesting what they're doing in trying to shift "the meta" every 6-18 months, but the rules bloat is real, too.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1838 on: June 28, 2022, 06:00:26 AM »
 Things have been pretty quiet on the AOS front while GW has been rolling out The Horus Heresy. The Skaven and Sylvaneth battletomes dropped alongside this year's General's Handbook, including new models for Sylvaneth:

The new units expand the tree-revenant* side of the range and their insect motif. Note the Gossamid Archers don't have wings, but rather are being borne aloft by really big bugs, while their cousins ride really big cicadas.

*Tree- and Spite-Revenants are what's become of the Wood Elves. The Wanderers, which incorporate what remains of the Wood Elf range, are not directly linked to the Wood Elves of the World-That-Was.

Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin and Nighthaunt have received new Hero models:

and most recently, GW has announced "Arcane Cataclysm", heralding new Battletomes for Lumineth Realm-lords and Arcanites of Tzeentch. I must concede, that's kind of a gutpunch, as the current Lumineth Battletome is barely more than a year old, and it itself replaced a barely year old Battletome. Gone are the days of Bretonnia waiting two whole editions and the end of the world to get an update, apparently.

I'm typically not terribly impressed by the box art, but this one's actually quite nice. All the new big boxes like this include an art print, and I'd like to get my hands on this one. The box also introduces two new Heroes... well, one, really, the Lumineth Enlightener:

and a resculpt of the Curseling. This used to be a named special character in WHFB before the model was repurposed as a generic Hero:

Although it's a nice enough sculpt- and leaves the Fatemaster as the only dated model in the Arcanite range- I still like the old one better. Just has more weight to it and looks like it's straight out of a Frank Frazetta painting:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1839 on: June 29, 2022, 03:09:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Old Stonebeard! I don’t check in with GW anymore, but happy to see updates and new models.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1840 on: July 03, 2022, 09:01:32 PM »
I wish they would hurry up and release information about the new humans models for  the mortal relms
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1841 on: September 16, 2022, 11:28:46 PM »
Very light preview of new Free City stuff coming.

The Cities of Sigmar represent the common folk in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, a vital faction who put the “mortal” into the Mortal Realms. The humans, aelves, and duardin of the Free Cities make up the bulk of Sigmar’s faithful – and the majority of his armies. The Warhammer Studio is currently hard at work redesigning the Cities of Sigmar, and we’re here to bring you another behind-the-scenes look at how they’re developing.

Earlier this year, we offered up the first glimpse of this long-awaited update, with some accessories and accoutrements emblazoned with the God-King’s name and initial.* These ornamentations are a powerful symbol of the devotion Sigmar commands throughout his Dawnbringer Crusades.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/16/dawnbringer-previews-your-first-look-at-the-arsenal-of-the-cities-of-sigmar/

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1842 on: September 16, 2022, 11:31:25 PM »
Some ok looking pieces here, but as always my concern will always be scale
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 08:08:02 PM by Jmash »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1843 on: September 17, 2022, 05:09:18 AM »
That handgun is just a weebit front heavy ... loaded.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1844 on: November 03, 2022, 06:27:29 AM »
New Astra Militarum commander. While it is not AoS, it might be a good proxy and it has started some people talking about a new look for Free Cities models.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1845 on: November 03, 2022, 11:13:40 AM »
Every Free City could ride its own beef.

Scrape off that conduit tube on the side of the horse's neck, and this could become a general on a mechanical horse.  Even without scraping.  Not that such exists currently in the world of W:AoS.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1846 on: November 03, 2022, 12:35:01 PM »
Scrape off that conduit tube on the side of the horse's neck, and this could become a general on a mechanical horse.

My thoughts exactly. I might get one just for that.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1847 on: November 03, 2022, 04:32:21 PM »
Did the Empire have a general on a mechanical horse, or was that just the engineer?  Course I'd remove the storm crud thingmawidit's solar crest as well.

Although I don't think it's a coincidence that the solar crest is on other 40K figures too.  :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :engel:

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1848 on: November 03, 2022, 05:23:05 PM »
Course I'd remove the storm crud thingmawidit's solar crest as well.

Although I don't think it's a coincidence that the solar crest is on other 40K figures too.  :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :engel:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1849 on: November 03, 2022, 10:25:34 PM »
Fixed it for ya, already softens the fall when kept in context ...
Did the Empire have a general on a mechanical horse, or was that just the engineer? Course I'd remove the storm crud thingmawidit's solar crest as well.