home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!  (Read 34176 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2022, 09:56:56 PM »
I need to buy a new Tau book. :icon_mrgreen:

And of course paint some  ... lol ... yeah, right. :icon_rolleyes:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2022, 11:29:32 AM »
Hearing that new codexes for  Chaos space marines, Daemons, and ... wait for ... ready ... ok ...  here it is ... and Imperial guard are coming out next ... see, that was worth the wait. :icon_wink:

Rumors of a toughness 9 tank, death korp, and rough riders will be part of the IG book.

Oh and I heard a "balance patch" is coming out for 40K.  Been hearing 9th edition has been a fairly unbalanced edition, so sounds like GW is responding to that.  But will see.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 11:34:03 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2022, 09:56:12 PM »
In a weird way, 9th has probably been the most balanced 40k game GW has made in like 20 years.

The issue of course being that is a pretty staggering low bar. The problems are the same usual's. Power creep, older books becoming dated and some weird book synergies that no one bothered to double check. I pretty closely follow the competitive community and they've been amazed at how much better GW has been about things. There's multiple balance updates at regular intervals. FAQs and Errata coming out regularly and often soon after a book. Almost to often actually, cause it shows they could do a bit more playtesting on the books before releasing them.

But its actually a really interesting situation, and I hope its a good omen for the coming Old World.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2022, 01:50:43 AM »
If Squats are back, sorely tempted
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #379 on: April 07, 2022, 02:27:52 PM »
I agree with Gankom.  It is my sense that GW's been keeping up with rule changes and such for 40K better than they once did.  And I can see how this would be more important to the competitive side of the hobby.

Although some folks complaining about the balance being off is legitimate, and I do think for GW it is about selling models anyway, there's nothing that says folks can't use the figures with their own choice of rules (I'm hoping Xeno Rampant is good) or adjust the 40K rules to have a better situation on their table tops.

But I digress off the idea of this thread being about "rumors", my apology.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2022, 11:26:53 PM »
World Eaters will get their own codex ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6jerKKBIM

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #381 on: May 09, 2022, 09:32:54 PM »
New combat patrol box coming for Chaos Space Marines.

It will have a Dark Apostle and two Disciple, 10 Legionaires although upgrade sprue is questionable, 5 Havocs (heavy weapons), and a Hellbrute.

Not a bad starter set, although no need to get 2 boxes since then you'd get 2 Dark Apostles, unless ya needed one for two different chapters or some such.  The previous box was great, not sure this one is as good, but having basic items listed isn't a bad way to start off with a CSM army.  And 31% off buying these separately is a good deal.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2022, 12:33:11 PM »
Heard the World Eaters codex could be out as soon as June 2022.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2022, 08:30:01 PM »
Angron is back with a new daemon primarch model.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2022, 01:46:09 AM »
Looks like a huge ... and expensive ... model.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2022, 02:26:38 AM »
Angron is back with a new daemon primarch model.

you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2022, 04:47:02 PM »
They've revealed the new special model they put out to celebrate warhammer day, which is apparently also the 35th anniversary of 40k.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2022, 02:01:52 PM »
Called Cadia Stands, this Army Launch Set is the start of a huge overhaul for the Astra Militarum range, bringing new and highly detailed kits to the battlefields of Warhammer 40,000.

New Field Ordinance Batteries

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2022, 05:21:23 PM »
I like  the new artillery choices, the new heavy weapon teams, and new figures, although not a fan of the new mini-walkers.

Thanks for posting these pictures! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2022, 08:31:02 PM »
I don't dislike the new sentinels, but I also don't like them as much as I like the other stuff. They look fine, but I always kinda liked the old ones.

The infantry looks sweet if you ask me, BUT I'd say they'd look better with a different paint scheme. Knee pads especially just looks weird, but thats just the paint. Also like the idea of the field ordinance pieces. Thats actually a kind of gear I've often talked to people as something that should be added. Field pieces smaller then full blown artillery, but bigger than the heavier weaponry we have.

Allegedly, according to the stream, this is only about half of the new Guard range that's been designed. That was before they revealed the kaskrin stormtroopers, but that should mean there's still more new models to come.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2022, 11:09:25 PM »
Quote from: Gankom .

[i
Allegedly[/i], according to the stream, this is only about half of the new Guard range that's been designed. That was before they revealed the kaskrin stormtroopers, but that should mean there's still more new models to come.

If they've updated the infantry and given us field guns then they HAVE to be updating vehicles too. I'd expect new updates to the old tanks plus some new 'light vehicles' like ATV's and things. I wonder if they'll have updates for any of the other famous IG too, new Catachans, Tallarn, Valhallans etc. or maybe something brand new entirely?

I always love to see new IG, they are significantly different to the old models so not so much cross-compatability with old parts unfortunately but I think on the whole they're fantastic. Will be looking forward to getting my hands on them! Also is it just me or do the shoulder pads and sleeves also look like they might be the same (and probably swappable) with the DKK veterans from Kill Team?

Woohoo!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2022, 11:34:42 PM »
I hear ya on the knee pads, perhaps with a less contrasting color they wouldn't look so stand outish.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2022, 12:13:14 AM »
Quote from: Gankom .

[i
Allegedly[/i], according to the stream, this is only about half of the new Guard range that's been designed. That was before they revealed the kaskrin stormtroopers, but that should mean there's still more new models to come.

If they've updated the infantry and given us field guns then they HAVE to be updating vehicles too. I'd expect new updates to the old tanks plus some new 'light vehicles' like ATV's and things. I wonder if they'll have updates for any of the other famous IG too, new Catachans, Tallarn, Valhallans etc. or maybe something brand new entirely?

I always love to see new IG, they are significantly different to the old models so not so much cross-compatability with old parts unfortunately but I think on the whole they're fantastic. Will be looking forward to getting my hands on them! Also is it just me or do the shoulder pads and sleeves also look like they might be the same (and probably swappable) with the DKK veterans from Kill Team?

Woohoo!

The big rumor right now is that the new codex has one of the other new models on the front, most likely a new tank that rumors all the "Pretorian" or something. They've confirmed the codex is in the army box with a special cover, but couldn't show it.

Also I bet the kit fits with the DKK veterans. I just recently made some sweet veterans with those extra pieces.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2022, 03:04:23 PM »
The kneepads will defo take some getting used to but I think they're inspired by real-world military gear where the plasticy pad is integrated into the fabric rather than strapped on.

It irks me a little bit that some of the kit isn't standard too, like the rifles have varying grips and buttstocks and I've seen a couple of different canteens. Not a big deal mind-you it just upsets my minor OCD about guard uniformity  :-P

Did I hear you say PRAETORIANS???  ::heretic::

Also in the group shot showing the new models on the tabletop, there's a guy dead centre of the shock troops in the back, possibly the Sgt. actually that looks like he's got an autogun(?) firing from the hip? Definitely something with a box magazine or a bigger powerpack at least...

Ooh I can't contain my excitement, there's gonna be vehicles, assault weapons, snipers, flyers and maybe even a revival of old regiments too! The blurb about 'Parade Drill' mentions Mordian as matter-of-fact too!

Unfortunately my good lady has just pointed out that I haven't actually finished any of the things I currently have, INCLUDING a massive IG force  :unsure:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #394 on: October 10, 2022, 12:42:05 AM »
Time to get crackin'! :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #395 on: October 10, 2022, 04:18:17 PM »
There was a bunch of other previews this weekend and I figured I should post some of them up just for completionists sake. Today was an article about a new guard character, called the Castellan. Seems to use the same officer model out of the new command squad, but functions more as a supreme commander.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/10/the-cadian-castellan-wields-the-guard-like-a-finely-honed-weapon/

Then there's the World Eaters Lord Invocatus.

To go with this little art blurb, there's also a lot of talk about the next "expansion" campaign book series. They talked a lot about how they've heard people say they don't want more add on rules, because people don't want to lug around another book to all the tournaments. So instead they added on a whole different play mode. Instead its rules for fighting on ships. Kind of like kill team style hallway fighting, but instead of kill team its big enough to be designed for whole armies. So your whole force attacking a space hulk.

I'm hopeful, because it seems that at least to start its designed for smaller sized games of Combat patrol. (so like 1000-1500 points instead of the more usual 2000-2500). And its nice to be able to have stuff for smaller games you can crank out in a quick evening.

and then here's a full picture for the new kill team box that comes with Necrons vs Kaskrins in a space hulk.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #396 on: October 10, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »
And I just realized I didn't post the pictures of Kaskrins that came out! Such shame I should shave my beard.

They're technically a kill team set, although they're all usable in 40k just fine. BUT that means they come with an ungodly amount of bits and details. if they're anything like the fantastic Krieg set, they'll be supplying bits for converted veterans and heroes for years.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #397 on: October 10, 2022, 06:05:53 PM »
I like the idea of Space Hulking it for regular 40K. :icon_cool:

With more of them coming in Killteam, folks must like Necrons.  Plus the Kasrkin have kneepads there, yet they are camoed in with the rest fo the uniform.

And leave to GW to sell bits separately. :icon_lol:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #398 on: October 17, 2022, 03:31:45 PM »
The Rough Riders are back!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #399 on: October 18, 2022, 03:14:52 PM »
Maybe it is just the color scheme that is effecting my view of those figures.