home

Author Topic: So, what happened? Round 6 Stories.  (Read 7505 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
So, what happened? Round 6 Stories.
« on: September 01, 2005, 10:42:50 AM »
(these stories were not included in the orginal tally report due to lack of time)

Fort Grigory
Elated by the recapture of the Uneasy Watchman, Graf Martin at once ordered the siege of Fort Grigory to be renewed. Three brigades were assembled, and sent forth to pontoon the Lower Talabec, while a proper siege train was mustered at the Höhleburg. From the moment these brigades departed from the Watchman, they found themselves harrassed by Kislevite rearguard forces, fighting a fierce delaying action. A bold squadron of Kislevite Lancers managed to breach the cordon and attack the pontoon wagons, smashing the axls, and stopping the entire column in its tracks for two days while the massive things were repaired.

Eventually, however, under the cover of a powerful bombardment of cannon and mortar, the Stirlanders did manage to deploy their pontoons across the Lower Talabec - but it was too little, too late. Regrouped Middenlanders and Kislevites, as well as Ostermarker partisans, had led another assault on the Uneasy Watchman, and the brave pontooners were cut off. General Von Wensel offered the surrender of his brigades when his guns ran out of shot the next day, and the bulk of a renewed Middenland attack appeared on the far end of the pontoons. A final attempt by a group of Stirlander officers to demolish the pontoons with powder kegs was only partially successful, leaving enough of them intact to allow the Middenlanders and Kislevites to cross over.

The Uneasy Watchman
The recapture of the Uneasy Watchman had been a painful struggle, but the charge of the mighty Steam Tank Conqueror had provided a formidable spearhead. Even when the behemoth broke down, the Stirlanders had gained enough momentum to ensure both the recapture of the inn, and the secure recovery of the tank. Much to the chagrin of his generals, however, Graf Martin soon re-made his old mistake; three brigades of his best troops were equipped as pontooners and sent north to cross the Lower Talabec, while a siege train was being prepared at the Höhleburg to invest in Fort Grigory. Once more, the battered coaching inn was left woefully ill-defended.

In the surrounding marchlands, meanwhile, scattered Middenlanders and Kislevites were regrouping. They were being joined by groups of Ostermark partisans, frustrated by Graf Martin's failure to protect the Uneasy Watchman - the original fall of which had sent refugees far and wide - and, at the same time, weary of the religious oppression they had been told would be their part under Otillian rule. These motley bands, often no more than a battalion's worth in strength, began careful reconnaissance towards the Uneasy Watchman, and, finding it nearly abandoned, were the first to open the attack. When Von Wensel's pontooners surrendered and the main thrust of the Middenlander-Kislevite attack descended on the inn once more, Stirlander resistance crumpled, except for the Wagonburg roadblock just south of the Watchman, which once more became the focus of the fighting on the eastern front.

Udo's Fall
Although the Stirlanders fought hard to preserve Udo's Fall, they found themselves horribly outclassed by the Talabeclanders, attacking under the personal command of Marshall Gernot. Through a series of feints, the old warhound drew Stirlander reserves to defend where he did not attack, all the while marching his advance brigades in a giant pincer around the crater. It was not until the first Talabeclander cavalry squadrons showed up at the road to Höhleburg that the Baron Von Haackerlitz recognized his predicament; and, after ordering an all out retreat, emptied his liquor cabinet, and shot himself through the head. It is a testimony to the Baron that he did not let his pride get in the way of his military sense, allowing the bulk of his troops to retreat to the Höhleburg in fair order.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: So, what happened? Round 6 Stories.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 01:53:08 PM »
Quote from: General Helstrom

It was not until the first Stirlander cavalry squadrons showed up at the road to Höhleburg that the Baron Von Haackerlitz recognized his predicament; and, after ordering an all out retreat, emptied his liquor cabinet, and shot himself through the head.

1. Should that be Talabecland Cavalry :?:

2. Which of the Stirland Faction members was 'playing' as the above Baron?
Obviously we would like to know who will NOT be posting next round, and of course we send our commiserations to his friends and family.
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 01:59:33 PM »
And a wolfshead emblem for his grave.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:44:23 PM »
And maybe an Iron guantlet to his son.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 03:12:04 PM »
Like your style, a very thoughtful gift.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 04:16:15 PM »
So - all these thoughtful Talabeclander gifts - are you going to present them in Hohleburg............ :?:

I mean we could major at the Watchman - you could mash them at Hohleburg and then the last couple of rounds can be a purely Ulrican affair.

In fact we could probably carve up the Ostermark 50-50, and all go and have a pint................and a bacon roll........ :wink:

However if any Stirlanders are reading this - that is NOT an alliance.....
 :tongue:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 06:52:47 PM »
Or you could fight like men, instead of like skaven that use nothing but numbers...
But that's entirely up to you, of course. If you can't do it yourself, and if you can only beat us together, then you're just admitting that you can't take us on alone- meaning we are indeed the strongest.
Even by just suggesting a plan where two attack one, you are really only showing your fear us, because you KNOW we are the strongest.
Go ahead  :) . Stop fighting one another, and attack us. Then you have truly proven that the wolf of Ulric cannot take on the might of Sigmar by itself.

Besides- in about 150 years Magnus the Pious will be born, and he'll unite the Empire in the name of Sigmar anyway, no matter what you Ulricians and false Ulricians decide now. We'll have our victory. :wink:
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 07:03:07 PM »
The first three battle reports this round were against Fort Grigory.
We actually had other plans before that.

Would you prefer that we just stood there and got massacred ?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 07:53:04 PM »
Now Rorrak - please do not pick on the poor fellow when he's down... :wink:

Anyway he may well not be one of their 'leaders', so policy may not be in his control....................

.............hmmm maybe I should revise that. The way they have been behaving tactically, I wonder if they do have any leaders/tacticians....

Talabecland have been very well organised and co-ordinated, unless Helblaster forgets to post of course, but as they only have about 6/7 active members they probably do not take much organising........

Actually what would be fun, at the end of all this, would be to be able to read through each others forums - so we can see all the 'planning, tactics, and other abuse' that each team indulged in........ :wink:  :wink:

{Midaski scurries off to check the Mid/Kis forum for any potential libel actions}

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 08:03:51 PM »
Talabecland have been very well organised and co-ordinated, unless Helblaster forgets to post of course, but as they only have about 6/7 active members they probably do not take much organising........

True. We have a nice discussion, decide on a "plan de campagne", and go for it. We don't have a "leader" as such.

Oh, and Stirland might have some leaders. But do they have tacticians as well? :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 08:43:29 PM »
Actually what would be fun, at the end of all this, would be to be able to read through each others forums - so we can see all the 'planning, tactics, and other abuse' that each team indulged in........ Wink Wink

Now that would be interesting indeed.  What plans were forced as reaction, what risks were taken that could have been taken advantage of on so on.

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 10:25:43 PM »
Quote from: cisse

True. We have a nice discussion, decide on a "plan de campagne", and go for it. We don't have a "leader" as such.

Oh, and Stirland might have some leaders. But do they have tacticians as well? :wink:

Their leader seems to be a living incarnation of Graf Martin himself  :wink:
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 11:11:18 PM »
Thank you FR1DAY, I thought so.

Demonslayer, guess what: That whole Ulric not being able to take on Sigmar by himself thing only has one flaw with it!(maybe more, but whatever) Both of us(M and T) are Ulrican! We serve the same god, so how could Ulric be teaming up with himself?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 12:13:21 AM »
Quote from: Midaski
.............hmmm maybe I should revise that. The way they have been behaving tactically, I wonder if they do have any leaders/tacticians....

Now thats just mean... :?

We actually have decisions to make being in a two front war...yall basically just post all of your battles on whatever stirland territory is on the front lines.

You would also notice from the posts last round that our army had simply vanished.  We were quite overwhelmed posting wise.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 01:47:31 AM »
This is true, what happenend?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 08:03:56 AM »
@Rorrak: what in the name of Sigmar does us attacking fort grigory have to do with anything I said? I was referring to Midaski's "hey Talabecland, go and beat up Stirland!"-thing, not to any battles being posted. Besides, we've been active enough fighting Talabecland- can you say the same?

@helblaster: I don't think the Middenlanders would agree on that, especially after the whole speaking painting-thing... Anyway the point is that it takes two factions to bring down ours, which more or less proves we're the strongest faction  :) .

As to what happened, your guess is as good as mine. I know I'm not at liberty to post any results anymore (at least until tomorrow), but nobody told we why they didn't post...
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 08:31:16 AM »
@Rorrak: what in the name of Sigmar does us attacking fort grigory have to do with anything I said?

You said we ganged up on stirland but that wouldnt have happened if you had left Fort G alone, we had a different plan for the round. If they open the forums afterward you can see for yourself.

A bit like Germany attacking Russia before the time was right.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »
>sigh<...

Okay then, I'll explain it one more time...

I referred to Midaski's post:

I mean we could major at the Watchman - you could mash them at Hohleburg and then the last couple of rounds can be a purely Ulrican affair.

In fact we could probably carve up the Ostermark 50-50, and all go and have a pint................and a bacon roll........  

That is what I referred to. I did not refer to any attacks:

I was referring to Midaski's "hey Talabecland, go and beat up Stirland!"-thing, not to any battles being posted.

It's a war, you're supposed to fight us. There's also war between us and Talabecland, and you and Talabecland. So we fight one another. If we attack, you defend, and vice versa. That's only natural, and again, NOT what I was referring to.
I was referring to the plan Midaski shared with us, though whether nonsense it may be, or not.

I hope you finally understand what I am saying... because I doubt my ability to explain it in an even more easy way  :wink: .

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 03:19:35 PM »
[edit] Removed some potentially flamable text.

@Demonslayer. Don't worry about it. I got it.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 03:52:14 PM »
I'm sorry, but what has that got to do with anything? The post started with Middenland and Talabecland not having the strength to stand against us alone.
Stirland attacks both, yes. We are at WAR. When at war, people attack one another. That's the entire idea behind a war. It is also not part of the discussion here.
Midaski said Talabecland should attack Stirland, and not Middenland. That shows they're afraid to attack us alone, it shows they're not strong enough to take us out themselves. They NEED the people they're at war with, just to beat us. That means we're the strongest. THAT is what's being discussed here. Not who posted what, who attacked whom, nothing of that. Only the "plan" Midaski posted.
What you said just doesn't have anything to do with what you quoted.

I say "if two factions have to work together because they can't beat the third alone, then the third faction is the strongest".
You say "but you started attacking us"??????

Your reply does NOT change anything about the statement! It doesn't even have anything to do with it!

I am not saying you shouldn't attack us! I am not saying we didn't attack you!

I am saying that trying to get every faction to fight one is dishonorable and cowardous, and proves that the target faction is the strongest.

Us attacking both factions does not prevent you from attacking one another, now does it?

>I am seriously getting the impression that you're all just testing my patience :wink: <

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 04:15:49 PM »
Attacking fort grigory in round one was actually never part of our plan.  Seems fitting with the fluff that we have a number of impetuous generals on our side that are chomping at the bit for any chance to attack middenland.  Even in this past round there were no plans attack the fort.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
So Demonslayer, maybe next time you should make sure Stirland is a small, impotent threat, like Talabecand :wink: .
Gave into the WoW.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
Quote from: TheBuilder
Attacking fort grigory in round one was actually never part of our plan.  Seems fitting with the fluff that we have a number of impetuous generals on our side that are chomping at the bit for any chance to attack middenland.  Even in this past round there were no plans attack the fort.

Where's your command structure again... o' right, you left on the feild after the Middinlanders handed you your ass.   :-D
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline RGB

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2005, 01:18:33 AM »
Whatevs, Daemonslayer.

Even the mightiest must fall, and man, do they make a lot of noise when they do :)
[in the good of life]

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 07:23:57 AM »
Wow, I go away for a few days and the campaign degenerates into a pack of five year olds yelling about who can beat up who.  Can we give this up, guys?  Just play the friggin' game and let that decide the winner.  When I read this stuff, it makes me angry, and that upsets me...a game should not upset me like this.  I thought this campaign would be fun, a way to add to my enjoyment of Warhammer.  Turns out the opposite has been true.  All the allusions to the stupid alliance that obviously exists and the idiotic overanalyzing of every post makes me sick.

I quit.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm