home

Author Topic: #2 of 6. Had a few free minutes at lunch so here  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Buddha7305

• Members
#2 of 6. Had a few free minutes at lunch so here
« on: November 19, 2004, 07:32:13 PM »
Man the lookout stations!!
   The scout came blistering in on his ragged horse screaming “The Talabeclands are coming the Talabeclands are coming!”  The General’s dark eyes shot up from the map he was gazing at with a quick turn of his head to the other officers he bellowed “MAN THE LOOKOUT STATIONS SO WE CAN RAIN MORTAR SHELLS ON THEM!!!”  The captains quickly dispersed to there units screaming orders at there men to move out to the field of battle.  Captain Sigmund Vel Helsom looked at his assembled huntsmen with the conviction of a madman and said “Take those hills at all costs, ask for no quarter and especially give no quarter to the enemy.  Here are the direction flags for the mortar teams to spot.  You know your jobs gentlemen remember FOR STIRLAND AND THE RIGHTFUL EMPRESS!!!!”

Armies- Point’s values for the armies are equal.

Battlefield-The battlefield can be set up following normal rules for terrain set up. Except for 3 pieces of terrain that shall be placed 24 inches in from the length side of the table at the 18 Inch, 36 Inch and 54 Inch mark. (For all of us morons that don’t get word descriptions to well, place them down the centre of the board and at least 18 Inches apart.)

Deployment- Armies deploy as normal except for no scouting unit can be placed within 4 Inches of a lookout station.

Who goes first.-Determine as per normal rules

Special Rules- The Lookout Station. Any army that has a higher total US on each lookout station can direct 1 free mortar shot during the shooting phase for each station they control.  This shot is taken from the middle of the lookout station objective. (So guessing the range occurs from middle of the objective.)  Normal shooting rules apply to this mortar shot except the minimum range is reduced to 6 inches and if a misfire is rolled treat the misfire as a result of a 4-6 on the misfire table.

Victory Points
Determined as per normal except each lookout station is worth 150 points if you outnumber your opponent by more then US 5.

Offline Gwaihir

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 09:46:45 PM »
Me likes a lot.Very good.
<Tactician>

Cause I dont ever wanna leave a game without at least sayin goodbye.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 10:09:35 PM »
Another nice one :-D

So if I'm right, the attacker could also take over a station and direct "friendly fire" onto the defender? That might be a bit harsh - but entertaining nonetheless!
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Buddha7305

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 10:23:33 PM »
Didnt want to bore people with to small stories/intros but the otehr sides opening went about the scouts coming back and saying they had found some nice spots to direct arty from.