home

Author Topic: 2500 points and 1260 points vs VC sadly no pics only a summary  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
2500 points and 1260 points vs VC sadly no pics only a summary
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »
Ok I had two games against Vampire Counts this weekend

As someone made me a super awesome War Altar I had no choice but to use it.

My list was from memory:

Arch Lector, War Altar, Heavy Armour, Enchanted shield
Wizard Lord lvl 4, dispel scroll
BsB, Pegasus, Lance, Full plate, Charmed shield
Master Engineer

40 Halberdiers with Standard
5 Archers
5 Archers

12 IC Knights with full command

30 Greatswords with banner of discipline
15 swords
15 swords

steam tank

cannon
hellblaster
Hellstorm rockets

The Vampires had
2 Strigois with red fury
3 lvl 2 necromancers
4 wight lords (all in one unit of grave guard preventing hits on the unit.....they should have done this in a unit of skeletons making the bus very solid)

3 large units of zombies
2 units of skeletons
1 large bus of grave guard
3 vargheists
2 ghost bases
a unit of 6 Crypt ghouls

All in all what happened was the knights and the stank destroying the right flank on their own and the War altar and the great swords ripped the left flank apart. I got lucky here as I challenged each turn and bluffed the Vampire that way into thinking that I had the Van Horstmanns....which I didnīt. Only after the Zombies stole two wounds of the Arch Lector and the fight was almost over he accepted the challenge to realize that the lector was basically naked...and ripped him apart before the greatswords destroyed the rest of his bodyguard and he plopped.

What really worked well was accepting charges with the sword busses and then going in with the greatswords in the flanks totally destroying enemy units due to re rolls to hit and to wound.

Playing the War Altar I wasnīt too impressed with it as it seemed never to be where I wanted it, the slow movement and that it is rather fragile if there are warmachines on the table make me wonder if it will see much action....on the other hand the Knights impressed me, if you make them stubborn via the crown of command and give the leader some protection kit (for example a General with white cloak and crown of command) can hold about anything for a very long time.

The magic really didnīt do much for me as I rolled low on the winds of magic almost every phase or miscasting at the very important magic missle to kill off two remaining skeletons.  :eusa_wall: losing d6 power dice basically ending my phase.

The Hellblaster was ace killing off the vargheists and large lumps of the skeleton bunker of one of the strigoi vampires. the Hellstorm wasnīt that bad even though it only fired a single rocket most of the game (one round it managed 2 missles) but a S3 large template isnīt half bad. It is the large template? Right?

The 1260 game was a four player one chaos, VC vs VC and Empire, I hid the war altar the whole game as he had a hellcannon so it didnīt see much action too.....I think I will go for the charmed shield white cloak to make it at least a little resilent and then go into melee as fast as possible with it against warmachine armies if it sits back it doesnīt really do much the whole game except granting leadership of 19.

I am really happy with the Pegasus BsB though as he charged the second game out and killed a unit of Vargheists and killed them over 3 turns 2+ re rollable save is amazing but I guess I will go for a 1+ re rollable with the opal amulet.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:14:01 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Lord Solar Plexus

• Members
Re: 2500 points and 1260 points vs VC sadly no pics only a summary
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
Hah, I wish! No, it uses the small template.

2+ re-rollable? How?
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

www.tablepott.de - Wir sind das Ruhrgebiet!
www.rheinerftliga.haarrrgh.de

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
Small template? Ok forget it this thing is crap!

:ph34r:

Pegasus rider, dawnstone, full plate, charmed shield

4+ plate
3+ shield
2+ mounted

danwstone re rollable

Pegasus rider option 2 the future version, full plate, shield, dragon helmet (10), dawnstone (25), opal amulet (15 points)
1+ re rollable 2+ ward against flaming. one time 4+ ward save.

Offline Lord Solar Plexus

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:01:25 AM »
Ah, I see. The Stone wasn't in your previous list.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

www.tablepott.de - Wir sind das Ruhrgebiet!
www.rheinerftliga.haarrrgh.de

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
Nice rep, any pics of your super awesome war altar?