home

Author Topic: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - two completed units  (Read 7695 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - conversions
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
Still needs a competent hand to highlight it that way. I also failed to mention that for a non-professional or "non-mechanical" painter, your free-hand banner is quite good.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Re: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - two completed units
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »
Demigryph Knights Panther are done.

Less bling, more serious business. I didn't quite manage to get the little blue sheen on black fur that I had hoped for the cloaks. I tried drybrushing with ultrasmurf blue, but either it got too blue or too insignificant. So I covered up with two rounds of nuln oil, and the result is what you see. It was not what I had planned on but decent enough, so I decided to let it be.

I've had enough of knights and freehanding banners for a bit. Next I'll paint some entirely bog-standard halberdiers.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - two completed units
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »
Ha! I was just seeing this thread again and was going to ask about the cloak.

No need, answer already provided, but it still looks good! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"Passion is not a plan, it's a feeling.  And feelings change." Sorelle Amore

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me