home

Author Topic: The Gates of Kislev painting project (battle report)  (Read 203271 times)

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
Re: The Gates of Kislev painting project
« Reply #450 on: August 02, 2017, 01:57:08 PM »
Is there any background to indicate that Asavar Kul should be a giant dragon ogre type or is it just "rule of cool"? From what I have read about him, he seems to have been a "normal" human

Well, as Xathrodox indicates, he was a Kurgan. In a picture from Warhammer Rol book (if I'm not wrong) appears riding a horse. But, we recently rediscovered a White Dwarf with a text that describes his final duel against Magnus; and there he mounted a chariot. Jordi has take this short tale to convert the model. Very soon we'll show you.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #451 on: August 02, 2017, 03:13:28 PM »

I imagined this guy .............

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Drakenhof

• Members
« Reply #452 on: August 02, 2017, 03:19:48 PM »
Thanks for all the comments, mates... Never tire of saying this forum has a a very important rol as source of inspiration for years while assembling our armies :icon_wink:

Meanwhile, more Allies forces' stuff coming: Halfling Hot Pots! Nothing better than a good boiling soup bath for the Chaos hordes who seek to besiege the city of Kislev!  ::heretic::

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:25:42 PM by Drakenhof »

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #453 on: August 02, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »
Very nice!  :eusa_clap:
The best heavy artillery in the old world!  :biggriin: :::cheers:::
The halflings looking great! :eusa_clap:

Offline Illumini

• Members
« Reply #454 on: August 02, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »
Is there any background to indicate that Asavar Kul should be a giant dragon ogre type or is it just "rule of cool"? From what I have read about him, he seems to have been a "normal" human

Well, as Xathrodox indicates, he was a Kurgan. In a picture from Warhammer Rol book (if I'm not wrong) appears riding a horse. But, we recently rediscovered a White Dwarf with a text that describes his final duel against Magnus; and there he mounted a chariot. Jordi has take this short tale to convert the model. Very soon we'll show you.

Cool, I mis-remembered and thought the big dragon ogre you made was Kul, but I looked up the post, and that was Kholek, my bad. Looking forward to seeing the big man himself
Kislev Army Blog - https://mandollies.com

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #455 on: August 03, 2017, 05:37:26 AM »
Thats a great hotpot

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #456 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:19 AM »
I miss the hot pot in the Empire army. Great looking models right here! :mrgreen:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2017, 01:37:37 AM »
The painting in here continues to be amazing! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Drakenhof

• Members
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2017, 12:10:43 AM »
Thanks, again, mates!

Here come Tilean cannons as reinforcements to deliver a bit more of gunpowder to the Chaos abominable horrors. Normally I do not like to be tied to the miniature schemes that appear in the official GW photos, but in this case I kept the white in the shirts and the green in the pants, which quickly identify the gunners as Tileans, and which are quite different from the quartered heraldry of any imperial province (whose only unit with the same colors is the Stir River Patrol, the classic Stirlander regiment).

The 10 Bronzinos’ on foot gunners have only 4 different models. I opted to make some conversions, which try to maintain the non-imperial character of the troops. Thus, three heads have been substituted for others with morion helmets type (one of them comes from a vintage Estalian swordsman, and the other two are taken from the Lost Legion of Pirazzo).

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:13:51 AM by Drakenhof »

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »
Well done!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
I have never seen five canons in a single army! :icon_mrgreen: Great - I can hear the thunder rolling! :biggriin:
I like the light brown color on the gun carriages - it looks fantastic! :eusa_clap:

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »
They look great!

Offline Alex-bbr

• Members
« Reply #461 on: August 13, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
Man, these models are so rare today on the market and you bring 5 of them!  :biggriin:

Awesome work, love your project so far. Keep going the good work!  :eusa_clap:
The Guard dies and does not surrender...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2017, 02:51:43 PM »
The light brown wood on the cannon is very classy!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »
I have never seen five canons in a single army! :icon_mrgreen: Great - I can hear the thunder rolling! :biggriin:
I like the light brown color on the gun carriages - it looks fantastic! :eusa_clap:

many on this site have 5-10 cannons in a battery and several batteries in their army/armies.  steveb http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/STEVEB20/STEVEB20001/P1010480_zps599a0b0e.jpg
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:57:17 PM by steveb »

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2017, 08:46:01 AM »
True. Anything you don't find on this site about The Empire, you will not find anywhere!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:23:27 PM by Rogers Kul »

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #465 on: August 14, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
I only have a single one of these galloping cannons. Yours are looking great! :smile2:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:44:39 PM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #466 on: August 14, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »
I use them together with the marksmen of miragliano and 'Casting Room's' Italians .
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline carturello

• Members
  • Tilean soldier, at your service.
« Reply #467 on: August 14, 2017, 12:09:16 PM »
Perry miniatures have great pieces to do cannons, yours I like a lot!

Offline Drakenhof

• Members
« Reply #468 on: August 15, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »
Let's play a proper atmosphere.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHaBqOBCWqw

Here arrives the Chosen of Chaos Gods, the Annointed, the Archaon's predecessor... Asavar Kul!!! ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::

Asavar Kul the Anointed was a Kurgan Chaos Champion and the fourth Everchosen of Chaos. In 2301, he led the largest Chaos horde assembled at that time, laying waste to the lands of northern Kislev. After defeating a joint Kislevite and Ostlander army, the horde made for the Kislevite cities of Praag and Erengrad, capturing the former and sacking the latter. Soon the capital city of Kislev itself fell under siege... (Warhammer Wikia)

I you invite to visit the blog and read the process made by our comrade Jordi regarding the conversion and painting. :biggriin:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #469 on: August 15, 2017, 10:45:40 PM »
Certainly looks impressive. It's no wonder that Magnus had a lot of trouble, when facing this guy! :Ohmy: :ph34r:

Gneisenau

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Members
  • Koblenz / Germany
« Reply #470 on: August 16, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
This is the way a Chosen of Chaos has to look!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Well done! :::cheers:::

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #471 on: August 16, 2017, 04:25:31 PM »
OH SNAP!!  :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Illumini

• Members
« Reply #472 on: August 16, 2017, 06:32:24 PM »
Asavar Kul looks great!

Does he have a special rule that he is killed by his own side in the last turn so chaos automatically loses?  :biggriin:
Kislev Army Blog - https://mandollies.com

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #473 on: August 16, 2017, 09:47:25 PM »
No special rule for that Illumini.
I understand you are talking about the death of Asavar Kul descibed in some books... but there is also another -most epic- version of his death. It appears in an ancient White Dwarf (about when GW released Hordes of Chaos army book) and explains the youth of this Chosen One and how he conquered leadership of his tribe (the Kurgan). In this version, it was Magnus the Pious himself who defeated Asavar Kul in a duel. Much more epic... but also much more unreal. Magnus was a priest with high leadership skills, and some kind of fighting skills... but obviously, very far from any chosen of Chaos, not talk in comparison of Asavar Kul itself.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #474 on: August 17, 2017, 01:02:23 AM »

many on this site have 5-10 cannons in a battery and several batteries in their army/armies.  steveb http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/STEVEB20/STEVEB20001/P1010480_zps599a0b0e.jpg
Says SteveB of course. :::cheers::: :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra