home

Author Topic: The Gates of Kislev painting project (battle report)  (Read 203348 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: The Gates of Kislev painting project (deployment done!)
« Reply #800 on: June 22, 2018, 03:08:47 PM »
Arg wat , arg
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #801 on: June 22, 2018, 03:24:08 PM »
Nice to see so many painted models and they look awesome as well!!!!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline VonOttenheim

• Members
  • Commander Black Griffon
« Reply #802 on: June 24, 2018, 06:17:24 AM »
Legen...….Wait For It... DARY!!!

:::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

I´m in awe.
Ulrich von Ottenheim

Commander Black Griffon
Komtur Templar Knights of Taal
"...I want milk in my Khorne flakes..."

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #803 on: June 24, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »
Thank you all mates, sincerely...  :eusa_clap:
Tonight I will pubhing the english version of the first turn.

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #804 on: June 24, 2018, 05:51:30 PM »
You got it!

Apologies for some specific names on english, specially about magic spells. Don't know it in english!

The sun had risen few hours before, but dark supernatural clouds dimmed its light, like a foreshadowing of what had to come. In the walls, the Kislevites moved nervously, as for the Chaos army had not stopped bombing the city walls all night and they were beginning to give way. Suddenly, a ray of light penetrated the ominous clouds and the Kislevites saw a halo of hope on the horizon. The army of Magnus the Pious arrived at Kislev just as the troops of Asavar Kul breached the wall. No Imperial soldier had ever seen an army as coarse and fearsome as the one on the other side of the plain. Creatures of immense size and strange beasts stained by Chaos bathed the horizon. But among those ranks there were not only monsters, but hordes of Chaos Marauders, Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen chariots and leaders of immense power.

But Magnus also had his resources. His hometown, Nuln, had provided the rest of the provinces with numerous war machines. And Steam Tanks, no less than seven of these old machines that were created by Leonardo da Miragliano few decades before, were still in operation and could become a great help. Also, the city of Marienburg hired mercenaries from Tilea and a team of engineers who tried to reproduce a Steam Tank on the shell of a small ship.

Even so, the best reinforcements did not come from the south, but from the east, beyond the sea. A host of High Elves commanded by Teclis met Magnus to help the humans. Especially in relation to magic, a practice that was forbidden at that time in some places.

Unfortunately, not many days before, many of his cavalry troops had gone to Praag and Magnus was not sure if they would arrive in time for the battle. They were led by the Ar-Ulrik Kriestov and supported by Yrtle, one of the Asur wizards.

As a skillful strategist, Asavar Kul quickly reorganized his army to face the new menace. However, the troops of Khorne, under the command of Arbaal the Undefeated, were too eager to penetrate the city and many did not even noticed the arrival of the human reinforcements. Kul placed his best troops in the center: hordes of Warriors and Knights of Chaos, two War Mammoths, two Chaos Dragons and a powerful Emperor Dragon. He placed himself among them to make sure his orders were carried out with scrupulous discipline.

The cool breeze of the Kislevite steppes seemed to stop at that moment under the weight of the silence: a silence that is impossible to describe. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind cut the air and, afterwards, the battle that would decide the fate of the Old World began.

Here continues with tones of pictures and diagrams!: http://thegatesofkislev.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-gates-of-kislev-deployment-and-turn.html

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #805 on: June 25, 2018, 01:35:27 AM »
That is amazing! Thank you for sharing the spectacle!  :Ohmy: :happy: :smile2:
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #806 on: June 25, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »
Excellent first turn report  :::cheers:::
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #807 on: June 26, 2018, 04:19:49 AM »
The report is off to a great start. Thanks for putting in the time. Your legend grows.  :eusa_clap:
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #808 on: June 27, 2018, 10:45:19 AM »
The only thing that is even more amazing, than the sheer scale of the battle and the amount of miniatures, is that everything is painted to such a high standard! A joy to look at. Thanks for sharing with us!  :::cheers:::

Offline spite

• Members
« Reply #809 on: June 27, 2018, 04:46:18 PM »
Absolutely awesome @Rogers Kul, did you guys do army lists or just put everything on the table and go for it?

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #810 on: June 29, 2018, 11:09:57 AM »
Thank you all mates!
On sunday I will upload the english version of the second turn.

Absolutely awesome @Rogers Kul, did you guys do army lists or just put everything on the table and go for it?

No no, there was an army list for each army and we had to respect the percentage restrictions (heroes, core, special...). Lot of work on that too!
You can take a look on it in the blog, if you're interested: https://thegatesofkislev.blogspot.com/p/ejercito-de-magnus.html

Offline Illumini

• Members
Re: The Gates of Kislev painting project (ended)
« Reply #811 on: July 01, 2018, 06:44:34 PM »
A good start for a historical outcome :)

Google chrome translates the spanish version very well into english for those that dont want to wait
Kislev Army Blog - https://mandollies.com

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #812 on: July 10, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
Sigmar be praised! This is the best, most ambitious WFB project in existence! :Ohmy: :ph34r: :::cheers:::
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #813 on: July 16, 2018, 01:21:12 PM »
Finally, I finished the entire written battle report!

http://thegatesofkislev.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-gates-of-kislev-deployment-and-turn.html

Hope you like it! And now I'll focus on the video report
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:55:09 PM by Rogers Kul »

Offline Illumini

• Members
Re: The Gates of Kislev painting project (battle report)
« Reply #814 on: July 16, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Absolutely fantastic project. Thanks for the great battle report and congratulations on actually finishing this mammoth project  :::cheers:::
Kislev Army Blog - https://mandollies.com

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #815 on: July 17, 2018, 10:33:56 PM »
Not sure what words to use in describing this. I read this over the last couple of days with the site open the whole time. Night reads, breaks and lunch at work and finally after dinner tonight. Magnificent and what an end fight. Congrats on this masterpiece.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #816 on: July 18, 2018, 05:45:13 AM »
Amazing.  :ph34r:
Can't wait for the next report!  :smile2:

All hose images reminded me of this wonderful battle scene: Battle of the Ice Teutonic knights do look like chaos knights here, don't they?

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #817 on: July 18, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
Oh man, that is simply stunning! You should really write to GW about that project. Maybe they could put some info about that on their website or in a issue of White Dwarf! :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #818 on: July 18, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »
Mates, your words really touched my heart. More than this. This is what I really was searching for: sharing our warhammer experience with a the world community and get it into the hobby next level.
Thank you all, sincerelly.

And yes, Xath, I wrote to Games Workshop, but seems they are not care obut it. Only AoS exists now and the rest seems shit for them. Only the old guard (Tuomas Pirinen, Gav Thorpe...) kindly gave us their feedback. You, know, now only kids and sales are important...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:34:11 PM by Rogers Kul »

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #819 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
So now that the report is complete and you the adrenaline has worn of: what are the things you've learned, painting-wise, table-wise, game-wise? what would you do differently if you could do it all again? And, of course, what's next?

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #820 on: July 19, 2018, 10:14:40 AM »
These are interesting and deep questions. I'll answer you as soon as I have a bit of time!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #821 on: July 19, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
Mates, your words really touched my heart. More than this. This is what I really was searching for: sharing our warhammer experience with a the world community and get it into the hobby next level.
Thank you all, sincerelly.

And yes, Xath, I wrote to Games Workshop, but seems they are not care obut it. Only AoS exists now and the rest seems shit for them. Only the old guard (Tuomas Pirinen, Gav Thorpe...) kindly gave us their feedback. You, know, now only kids and sales are important...

Hey, if the old guys acknowledged your work and effort, that is something. I've also shared this with a bunch of modelling hobby groups in Poland. People here are really impressed by your work, just FYI. :::cheers:::

Gneisenau

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #822 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
Truly awe inspiring......this is a massive undertaking you got yourself into and you did a mighty awesome job out of it.  This is such a great site and community because of people like you  :::cheers:::
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #823 on: July 19, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
These are interesting and deep questions. I'll answer you as soon as I have a bit of time!

we have nothing but.

maybe reply in your thread in the Elector's forum, this really goes beyond the hobby section here. There are so few large games played, your experiences are really valuable data points for setting up other large games, especially considering how much work goes into it.

Offline Irishzero

• Members
« Reply #824 on: July 22, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
This have been such a source of inspiration. Well done!! What will happen to all those beautiful miniature and scenery now?