home

Author Topic: The Gates of Kislev painting project (battle report)  (Read 203280 times)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: The Gates of Kislev painting project (battle report)
« Reply #850 on: February 13, 2019, 03:15:48 AM »
Next challenge! WOOHOO!

Life of Sigmar is a great reference to the types units and clans present.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #851 on: February 13, 2019, 03:56:54 PM »
pretty sure they want to tackle the battle described in the 4th edition Empire book. you know, when Karl Franz channels his inner Sigmar. no fur clad barbarians present.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #852 on: February 17, 2019, 03:34:30 AM »
Oh, oops! Yep, that one!

Regardless, still lots of Greenskins - interested to see what is being put together!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #853 on: February 19, 2019, 05:54:26 PM »
Really looking forward to a BlackFire Pass event! Can't wait to see some of the fantastic models you churn out there, and I bet it'll be an interesting change from semi 'modern' Imperials and chaos.

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #854 on: February 20, 2019, 08:45:47 PM »
 :Ohmy: Amazing! I really need a big game of Fantasy after seeing this.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline Timotheus

• Members
  • Fury of Middenheim
« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2019, 08:10:55 PM »
This is truly stuff of legends!

I spent the last two days scrolling through this awesome thread and almost every new picture conjured up a smile on my face. So much dedication, so much talent, so much good taste and staying thruthful to ones principles.

It's quite funny I just discovered this thread yesterday while I'm actually in the middle of preparing something similar to what you guys did (on a much much smaller base of course). Initialised by a WHFB/Empire exaltation the wonderful Total War: Warhammer (and Vermintide II as well) bestowed on me combined with GW's cruel crushing of the beautiful Warhammer Fantasy Universe and cutting the WHFB model range (propably with a fatigue for the horrible new 40k fluff/stuff I was coming from) I recognised it was about time to finally get into WHFB. I have been into 40k for more then 10 years now (mainly converting and some painting) and always had an eye on the wonderful WHFB model line, but always told myself 'nope buddy, 40k is money and time consuming enough!'. Now that my study time is about to end, I'm hoping within the next 1-2 years to have enough money, time and space to fully dive into this wonderful world. I spent the last year buying the last remaining pieces of cheap WHFB stuff (mainly Empire, Skaven, Beastmen, Chaos Warriors) from the known independant retailers and scraping up classic models and bits via ebay. Also putting countless hours into conceiving conversions, scouting for fitting bits and researching design/Lore. When I got everythig together and the (social) circumstances are right, I'll start my Middenheim vs Nurgle armies and will try to get it together and painted as fast and as coherent as possible. (TL;DR)

And I'm glad I found this forum (have been lurking around from time to time before this post) as it really seems to be the right place to do that and I'm glad I found this thread (though late) as it is just the motivation and inspiration I need. Thanks for this awesome piece of art!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2019, 08:38:06 PM »
Welcome Timotheus, and looking forward to seeing what you come up with moving forward from your current efforts! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline wdv331

• Members
« Reply #857 on: May 16, 2019, 04:04:31 PM »
I can't access your blog sir. I have read this whole thread and was eagerly anticipating seeing the battle in its full glory on your blog but it seems to be your blog has been removed. Could you fix this as I really would like to read your group's full awesome battle report, or is it just a me problem?
Thanks so much! and I just wanted to say this whole project is truly breathtaking!!!

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #858 on: May 16, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
yes, Roger, what's up with that?

I've noticed too that the blogspot site is down. Please don't tell us all the glorious pictures won't be accessible anymore.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Drakenhof

• Members
« Reply #859 on: May 19, 2019, 10:46:01 AM »
Hi mates! Thank your for your comments and support  :::cheers:::

We the players of The Gates of Kislev and some recent "recruits" have gathered in an association, Escribas del Viejo Mundo (Scribes of The Old World). We have moved our blog: https://escribasdelviejomundo.blogspot.com

As the name suggests, we will focus on Warhammer Fantasy in all forms, through 8th edition, prior editions, 9th Age or other fan mades - whatever it is. Our aim is to publish content such as battle reports, painting and scenery tutorials, background discussions and other stuff related to the setting we are passionate about. Now we keep working on the Third Battle of Black Fire Pass, some updates and pics next:

· Averlanders: Main Empire force in this battle, will be commanded by Marius Leitdorf - The Mad Count itself. Despite we already painted some Averlanders for Kislev's, Rogers painted these 40 Crossbowmen, and I have 20 Handgunners on the paiting table. You can spot some old ones and a few swapped heads.

· Halflings: 50 dreadly Spearmen from The Moot! There will also be two regiments of 20 archers and 2 Hot Pots.

· Orcs: There is even more work to be done on the greesnkin tide, but the progress is considerable. Players have converted the general and some heroes, replaced most of the boars and wolves with recent models and, adhering to the background, included mostly generic orcs and goblins, saving for future battles Night Goblins and Forest Goblins.

As always you have more pics on our blog, enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:01:57 AM by Drakenhof »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #860 on: May 19, 2019, 12:00:32 PM »
 :Ohmy:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #861 on: May 19, 2019, 01:29:59 PM »
 :biggriin: Those look great! I love Averland the most of all the Empire so I heartily agree with your choice! Love those halflings! I am very jealous of that unit as I can't afford so many.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #862 on: May 20, 2019, 12:59:18 PM »
whoa  :icon_eek:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Alex-bbr

• Members
« Reply #863 on: June 30, 2019, 05:14:45 PM »
I'm so excited to see your next project!

Glad to see you have already planed a BIG number of boars riders, like the Third Battle of BLack Fire Pass mentionned in the fluff.  :eusa_clap:

All my support for the future and for your association (which is by the way a fabulous idea)!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 06:11:26 PM by Alex-bbr »
The Guard dies and does not surrender...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #864 on: June 30, 2019, 05:19:56 PM »
Looking forward to following this newest effort! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #865 on: June 13, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »
Wondering if we'll ever see a report on the 3rd Battle of Blackfire Pass :icon_question:  It was so lovely to have the report running here on Kislev.

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #866 on: September 29, 2020, 01:10:42 PM »
So your pray has been listened.  :wink:

The battle repport is already on our youtube channel. I am sure you will find it very different from other battle repports. This is the spanish version but I'm currently working on the english version (this will be ready next week). I'll announce it in a proper post, but meanwhile, is you are interested, here the spanish version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pg_MYfchc&t=2655s

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #867 on: September 29, 2020, 01:32:25 PM »
Looking forward to the english version, and thank you! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #868 on: October 03, 2020, 08:30:57 PM »
You got it Games Poet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ40yA5wlCM&t=1268s

I've written a post few minutes ago in the Elector's forum explaining a little bit this project.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #869 on: October 04, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »
That's fantastic, thanks for sharing (and for taking the time to do an English version)

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #870 on: October 05, 2020, 06:12:33 PM »
My pleasure!  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #871 on: October 08, 2020, 04:08:43 PM »
I'm excited to check this out.