home

Author Topic: a large battle suggestions  (Read 1291 times)

Offline *insert witty name here*

• Members
a large battle suggestions
« on: November 27, 2003, 09:05:49 PM »
some of you may have read my previous post entitled "a large battle"

as you may be able to tell this will be no ordinary battle

however i would like all of your suggestions on what special rules should be in play. current thoughts are:

the rules for untrusted allies in the kislev book for certian armies
screaming bell might have a range limit (the board is 14' by 12')

any suggestions?
life sucks then you die

Offline Gen Klist

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 06:49:58 PM »
well i mayself like large army battles. if you are using a unlimited point battle, of course to a cetain degree, above avrage like 3000-4000 point battle i'm guessing.

I think the Kislev rule works ok but I would guess its up to the player to bend the rules a bit and go with what works.
"General sir we were not retreating, we were mearly advancing in a different direction."

Offline Triturian

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 12:30:30 AM »
There was a section in WD sometime around Sept/Oct..... I think it was part of the Bloddlands campaign article where they set out a grid to work out suitable allies or armies that were incompatible.... I will try to remember to dig it out tomorrow.... nay... later today. I have to get up for work in five hours  :cry: so I can't do it now.
"Kiss my axe!" - Slaine Mac Roth (2000AD)

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 02:19:02 PM »
There are special rules for allies in the wonderful and glorious General's Compendium.  I believe they're in the multiplayer battles section.

Limiting the Screaming Bell might seem fair.  But I doubt that the evil side will like that idea.  Making the entire enemy army take a panic check  :shock: when you're playing a 10000 point battle hardly seems fair  :?

My favourite is the High Commander rule.  In addition to everyone's generals, one is made high commander.  All generals allow their own army to use his their LD...but any army can use the High Commander's LD within 18".  The high commander on each side is also allowed extra magic item points, we say about 150 to equip since he'll be the target for a lot of things.  His death is worth 200 VP (High Commander) + 100 VP (General of his own army) = 300 VP.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire