home

Author Topic: Mordheim Game - Skaven advice needed  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Aldaris

• Members
Mordheim Game - Skaven advice needed
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:14:16 PM »
Do any of you guys have any pointers and advice for a skaven warband? Because it seems the sneaky little buggers will have trouble reaching cc before being turned into pincushions by most other warbands... (I have not played Mordheim yet, but plan to have my first game next week or so).

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
hide and seek aldaris, I am surprised so many players are successful with strong shooting as a skaven you can sneak up on the enemy and sling him to his death or go into close combat with your awesome assassin.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
Aaand, a question concerning warplock pistols: are these treated like regular pistols in cc, which would mean S5 attack(s) in the first round?

Offline Duce

• Members
Re: Mordheim Game - Skaven advice needed
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »
see soth's thread for advice and a link which could help  :icon_razz:
Northern Ireland Blood Bowl League Experience - NIBBLE
http://nibble.playsboard.com/forum.htm

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
Aaand, a question concerning warplock pistols: are these treated like regular pistols in cc, which would mean S5 attack(s) in the first round?
Yes :D

The skaven website, underempire (google it) supplies info and help for skaven mordheimers :)
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 04:14:19 PM »
a great source of information on Mordheim, its workings and warbands can be found on http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/index.htm theres loads fo starter warband sby people with comments about whats good and what needs changed. also loads of terrain ideas for making your own sweet little town.

I think of the top of my head the warplock pistol can be used in the first round of cc like pistols.

Skaven seem to work well with slings nd clubs and masses. stick to buildings and advance on the enemy and swarm him when he leaves gaps.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
Thanks guys! Now I'll treat those pesky pirates and elves to some squeaky, furry mayhem..  :::cheers:::

Offline Moxer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
Skaven are one of the , if not THE hardest warband in mordheim. Why?
- They can take six heroes from the start (and should do so!) After a few games skaven heroes get really dangerous, -scouting, 18 inch moving rats with three or four (poisoned) attacks are nasty.

- Also, slingshots are brutal. On close range they can shoot twice and the original rules do not have modfier for multiple shots (i suggest to play it with a modfier of -1 to hit as in warhammer, otherwise the slingshot is really broken).

- Skaven are quick enuogh to run from cover to cover whilst bridging the distance until they can shoot their slings.

- And last but not least, skaven are cheap and thus numerous. They have to be, because their ld is not good and an early rout test can sour your day when your band runs right before you could have charged in.
Just another imperial minotaur.