home

Author Topic: Lord Knights  (Read 14684 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Re: Lord Knights
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »
Seriously, this is too powerful.

Yeah, they're almost Bretonnian Grail Knights then....
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
However, in the next update of the Brets book, I can see Grail knights becoming the match of Blood Knights.

GW will just uber up one unit in each book so everyone can death star :). I can see an excellent future ahead.

I might just start playing 6th ed again.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »
Well....or they won´t as right now Warriors of Chaos were fine and the lizards except for the giant lizard lists are fine too.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
I'm certainly in favor of some non-gunpowder rare units for Empire, but I'm just not sure what.  Maybe slightly beefed up IC knights (since we are so hard pressed for special slots as it is), or perhaps full-plate infantry (an interesting idea someone brought up in that thread).

I am not in favor of Death Star units, at all.  To me, it's basically a form of Herohammer: tool up your lord and death star unit, then buy cheap filler for the rest of your meaningless army.  Whoever hits the other person the hardest with their hammer, wins.  It destroys any sense of strategy or tactics, because each side pretty much has one unit that can fight, and the rest exist purely because they HAVE to in order for the list to be legal (I am certain if you removed minimum core units, you'd see VC lists with just a blood knight unit and nothing more).

There's nothing wrong with wanting an elite knightly order for us, but let's be reasonable: Empire is not the army known for its powerhouse cavalry, Brettonia is.  Empire is known for its versatility, gunpowder, and stout infantry.  If anything, IC knights should be moved to rare and we should be given better infantry for a special choice.
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Hurin Thalion

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
I really think our army needs minimal tweaking and few, if any, new units.  What needs to happen is overpowered armies have to be brought into line.

I hate the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy as much as the next guy but let's face it; this is GW we're talking about. They probably overpower certain units ON PURPOSE so the kids who are spending their parents' money go "ooh! Bluud Nites iz da koolest! They is made of win!" and shell out $80 for a set.
Out of Doubt, Out of Dark
to the Day's Rising I Came
Singing in the Sun, Sword Unsheathing

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 12:21:47 AM »
I believe we are commanding an army of men. And that could be bad sometimes...
...because Humans have their weaknesses which they must also exist in the game! If we make a unit as powerful as Chaos or Blood knights, then we'll end up with "superman" ('we all know that'! I know....)
On the other hand, Bretonnia has Questing and Grail knights! Well... that's almost an unexplained thing to do if you think that no normal man can be so powerful!
What Bretonnian knights truly represents here, is a fairytale: "King Arthur and his Round Table" -the knighthood at its finest! -stupid? too much? an extreme thing to represent? probably! But that's what they are! A fairy tale's representation!

I wouldn't mind if we hadn't as strong knights as they have! But if I wanted to further involve and improve my knightly orders, I'd ask for new more effective Magic Banners rather than better Statistics
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:31:38 AM by iatroblast »

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 04:49:30 AM »
What about dropping IC knights from Special and giving them +1WS and +1str (so WS5, str4) and making them rare.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »
They'd never get taken.

Questing Knights aren't superhuman, they're really just slightly better Knights of the White Wolf. Grail Knights are supposed to be superhuman, having drunken from the Grail and having been changed into the Lady's champions.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 08:55:48 AM »
If we make any powerful knightly unit over 40 pts then i demand chaos knights. . . 40 pts for t4 and s5!!!!!!!  Hell why should we pay more for a measly T3 and s4?   

Also the imperial knights aren't inferior to brettonian knights just because. . .
Our knights are representing a differant fighting and warfare style compared to brettonia. The brettonian army is designed to be built around knightly units and so they have rules representing that. Our main units are infantry with detachements, not knights. Sure we can put in a rare slot for power knights, but where is the background for it? Why not take units of Kislevite winged lancers as rare?

That would put a decent cavalry unit in our rare slots without taking away from our special. . .
Thoughts?
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
Putting the Kislevites back in in general would make a lot of people happy.  I don't know if they'll do that though as it's blending.  I wouldn't mind some of the options from 5th edition, but doubt it'll ever be like that again.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »
But Kislev is basically part of the empire anyway now that archaon ran straight through them in the soc. We could make the tzarina empress of kislev but becomes an elector in the empire.

So they can either bring out a new stand alone kislevite army or make like a supplement empire book.
Hold up, new idea forms.

warhammer armies, the empire. Allies. We can have it as a sort of expansion and inside the kislevite allies book is all the history of kislev, the way their armies and foot soldiers work and then their list to take with your regular imperial list.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »
if Kislev became a State of the Empire, in political terms, they'd be way too powerful for the other Elector's likings.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »
I didn't mean them to become a political state but they are sort of under our protection.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »
Kislev could easily be a stand alone army, and if not for the redundancy issued by multiple human armies would stand a good chance at being one (already tinkered with a bit).  If they are 'already apart of the Empire' than so is Tilea and Estalia.

Fluff wise, at the moment, there is no way that Kislev would bow to the Emperor. 
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
Kislevite winged lancers would make an excellent rare choice, one I'd build an entirely new army just so I could justify (fluff wise) taking them!

However the nature of Kislev, both politically and socially, does seem to prevent having them fully reintroduced in an Empire army book.  I think a few Kislev units here or there (representing allies sent south to help out in turn) would be an ideal and realistic option; I love the idea of an alternate Kislev army list presented as a supplement, but I doubt that will happen.
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree