The Empire at War ... The Gamers Guild > Tactica Board 8th Edition

Tacticas for W-E: Beastmen

<< < (5/5)

malladin_ben:
Centigors:
My initial impression of Centigors was that they're not worth the points, especially when you've got Razorgors and bestigors competing for the same points. However, in recent weeks I've been thinking more seriously about trying them out. The main reason is Ghorros Warhoof, a special character who counts as a unit champion, but also makes Centigors count as core if you choose him. Therefore gone are your struggles as a beastmen army to fill your core points allowance as you can spend 155 points on Ghorros and potentially your entire core allowance on Centigors. Then you've got either a big enough unit of centigors to do some real damage, or a number of 5-man ones to run round harrying with S5 throwing axes to really annoy your enemy. Unfortunately they're not fast cavalry, so my bet is on the former strategy rather than the latter (can I get away with a 750 point horde of 30 of them?), but I have heard of a chap over at the warseer forums who makes the latter work.

Anyway, the details - they've got 2 WS4 S4 attacks and are T4 with a 4+ AS. Get Ghorros and they become WS5 too! You can also but them throwing axes and/or greatweapons. I think both options seem quite tasty options, but they do hike up the price if you want a large unit. They also have a special "drunken" rule that gives them +2 I, Stubborn or rerolls to their primal fury. The stubborn seems nice, and the rerolls not bad if you find yourself out of range of the BSB, but the +2 I wasted if you take GWs.

Imperial response: Given their decent T but low AS, hangunners might not be too bad at range, likewise the volley gun or rockets (the latter especially if its a nice big unit). I suspect the mortar and cannon will have better targets, though. In combat I think you need to be careful of the punch of two relatively high WS high S attacks. In combat, the stank'll probably do a good job at locking down a big unit (and therefore a lot of points) in place long enough for you to charge their flank and do some real damage, however, watch out for Ghorros as he has 4x S5 attacks and does d3 wounds, so if he's lucky he could do some damage.

Cheerio for now,

Ben

Doomduck1988:

--- Quote from: PhillyT on September 25, 2010, 01:02:27 AM ---Indeed!

I attempted to enlist help from The Herdstone.  They have not returned any responses.  That isn't surprising.  While they have a good mod and Admin community, they have hardly any members.

Phil

--- End quote ---
The herd stone has a good amount of beasts in it's ranks, it's just that they would rather eat you then help you with tactics

Doomduck1988:
No one has mentioned harpies yet. As a long, long time beast player these are one of the best additions to the new beast book.these guys ( or should I say gals) are used to hunt war machines and flank,  2 attack at I5 is going to kick human butt, not to mention they can scout so there going to be on you ASAP! Best thing you can do is have a small unit of shooters or a Killy hero near the war machines to protect them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version