home

Author Topic: The 8e Empire Handbook  (Read 116129 times)

Offline psychichobo

• Members
Re: The 8e Empire Handbook
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
I have had a 4+ ward keep me alive against Blenderlord long enough to do some damage back. Granted, that was with a Tyrant, but it has happened (though not to the Tyrant's favour later on...). Blenderlord has to dig through what will become a 5+ armour save then a 4+ ward (which OTS will mess up, I do agree on that).

It's not great, I will admit that - I'm probably just reminiscing about the time I saw a Bret Lord decapitate Blenderlord in one go, which was nice. Well, that's a pipe dream for another day...

Offline Pisistratus

• Members
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »
Might I just say I found this thread immensely helpful. I've been playing the Empire for 15 years but still often get my ass handed to me. I hope the knowledge contained herein will help me reverse this trend. Thank you!  :happy:

Are you going to do a similar rundown of Empire-specific gear as well (repeater guns, pigeon bombs, mechanical steed, etc)?

Offline Kal

• Members
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »
Thanks for this! New to Empire and this has definitley helped alot!

I agree with Pisistratus a rundown of Empire-specific gear would be nice. (repeater guns, pigeon bombs, mechanical steed)

krael

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2013, 10:10:06 AM »
Great topic, Rothgar, but I must remark I have the greatest difficulty following your ratings. I'm too much used to the colour scheme of your D&D handbooks ;)

Offline Waywatcher

• Members
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:35 AM »
Great write up.

I found I have all the purples in every normal sized army I make, so I found truth in it.

I like some of the yellows, but I really know they're not amazing. However, the synergy of a flyer, fast cav, and scouts, all in the same army going for the same goals really works well. It's 300 points of mischief and mayhem. I don't leave home without them, even at 500 points.
2014 Empire 19/9/4 (W/L/D)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2014, 01:36:08 PM »
Missing Magic Weapon from the BRB -> Sword of Striking, how would you rate that one?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Taki

• Members
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
Forgive me if I'm mistaken here, but doesn't putting KF on a Deathclaw a 24" command range (because large target increases inspiring presence).  This alone makes him a good buy.  It allows you to have him smash small units and WM without really ever worrying about being outside his command range (which incidentally is gives you ld 10 on your units).  Granted this is very expensive, but it can be a list changer.  You have less to worry about with Leadership checks, and though you give up a high level caster, but I feel he gives you a lot of tactical flexibility martially.

Offline Shadow_Zero

• Members
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
rothgar13, this topic is awesome!!! Thank you for all your efforts! I hope a 1000 backups of this are made so it never is lost during the time of men   ;)

Small personal wish would be to see point costs added.

Offline devin

• Members
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »
Thanks to rothgar and others contributing. As a Beastmen player i m looking forward to play an army with AS and different lores as soon as i finish painting.
We have only two empire players both old school. Nice to find different builds and ideas.
Also it would be nice to find a empire slang dictionnary ; for example vanilla knights refers to reiks?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Commonly used terms and abbreviataitions can be found here:  http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16212.0.
Note that the FAQ have not been updated (still 7th edition).
Vainlla knights are plain Knights, without any upgrades.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline devin

• Members
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
Thanks again :-)

Offline Peasant Count

• Members
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2014, 02:20:54 AM »
I've been away from the hobby for a while (spawned another offspring) but I always felt this site needed something like this for players new to Empire. Going by this guide you could piece together a competitive army without wasting money on boxes of red models. Good Work!

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
The 8e Empire Handbook
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2014, 02:49:27 PM »
@Devin: What d'you define as "old school"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline devin

• Members
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2015, 02:12:06 PM »
Well, they are actually oldest players ın the club (40+). But they always play with the same list, all infantry and just one unit of dgk ( after new book released) and lots of warmachines. It s very nice to see all types of infantry in one game fluff wise.
One of them have 12k ,legal, army.
They play for hobby not to compete

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »
Well, they are actually oldest players ın the club (40+). But they always play with the same list, all infantry and just one unit of dgk ( after new book released) and lots of warmachines. It s very nice to see all types of infantry in one game fluff wise.
One of them have 12k ,legal, army.
They play for hobby not to compete
They seem like my kind of players. Where's your club based? If I'm ever abroad(I'm Irish) I might drop by....

Offline devin

• Members
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »
Istanbul/Turkey, you are always welcome, all can "communicate":-) in english. We have a couple of foreign members also

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2015, 02:37:24 PM »
Istanbul/Turkey, you are always welcome, all can "communicate":-) in english. We have a couple of foreign members also
I don't think I'll be visiting Turkey/Istanbul anytime soon, even though I hear Hagia Sofia is breathtaking.