home

Author Topic: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time  (Read 183334 times)

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Took me much longer than anticipated, but all the pictures are back now.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Re: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2017, 10:16:09 PM »
 :eusa_clap:
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Took me much longer than anticipated, but all the pictures are back now.

Tell me about it. I am only now almost up to date on my new website with the campaign stuff. Mind you, it was around a 1000 pictures I think!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2017, 11:03:29 PM »
Very good to see this returned to its former glory. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2018, 09:15:35 AM »
It seems, photobucket found and closed the loophole.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2018, 04:42:31 PM »
Strange - now it seems to work again. I will go full imgur anyway.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2019, 06:41:44 PM »
Jesus Christ. I am new to Warhammer and know very little of the fluff as I am still trying to digest the rules, but this thread is f'in amazing. Totally wrapped up in the art and the description as if it really happened in real life.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »
Forgot how good this thread is. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2020, 09:07:35 AM »
Thank you for the accolade. I hope to continue it some time soon.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2020, 09:10:26 AM »
Looking forward to it! :::cheers::: :icon_biggrin:

Offline wdv331

• Members
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2020, 04:09:22 PM »
This is an excellent project and is very inspirational as well! My only question is where are the sea elves? Most importantly in The Battle of Grootscher Marsh, which was the famed battle of the third campaign to retake Marienburg the Imperial army is soundly defeated by a combination of the remaining army of the Westerland, Many companies of mercenaries and most importantly the fell magics and warriors of the sea elves, a victory that is so complete that Wilhelm nor any future emperor would ever again try to directly subjugate Marienburg back under Imperial rule by straight force of arms.

Also this quote on Dieter's fate from WFRP 'Sigmar's Heirs' " To avoid civil war after the defeat of an Imperial Army outside Marienburg, the new Emperor Wilhelm III recognised the Wasteland’s independence and made Dieter the Grand Duke and Elector Count of Talabecland, from which he detached Talabheim in a manner similar to Nuln." contradicts the house arrest he is placed under in this beautiful story.

This truly a god tier project btw!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:41:44 PM by wdv331 »

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2020, 07:38:29 AM »
Thank you. I am glad you like it.

The Battle of the Grootscher Marsh is yet to come, and a sea elf will have a major role to play. That said, I was already planning to change the chronology of the campaigns, with what is now the Second Campaign becoming the Third and vice versa

Regarding Dieter: I am aware of that. As pointed out before, Warhammer fluff is often inconsistent and even contradictory. One of the reasons is that there were fundamental changes between WFRP1 and WFRP2, but these were not always followed though in all publications. Sometimes, the fluff simply does not make any sense. The scenario given here is my personal attempt to to paper over the many cracks (or rather chasms) in the fluff.

Offline wdv331

• Members
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2020, 01:24:32 AM »
Great explanation Fidelis! And for what it's worth I like your chronology of events much better!! Although I would not switch the second and third campaigns as Grootscher March seems like a more definitive end to the hostilities as it is such an overwhelming Marienburg triumph, it also just makes more sense as it would have proven to the Emperor that taken back Marienburg was more trouble than it is worth.

(PS if you haven't read grimblades yet I highly recommend it as it is all about Grom's invasion and Wilhelm's rise to power/the throne)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2020, 02:57:11 AM »
(PS if you haven't read grimblades yet I highly recommend it as it is all about Grom's invasion and Wilhelm's rise to power/the throne)

Fidelis is a strict constructionist, Black Library works are off the table. It is the key point he and I differ (on Warhammer World interpretation) though I highly appreciate his work.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2021, 07:20:17 PM »
Could I refuse a request by the Noble Kohedron? Let us see, if I can make the time.