home

Author Topic: Mordheim  (Read 11583 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Mordheim
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »
Steg, where do you live again? I mean, specifically? I think we don't live that far apart. I'd be okay with going to you and playing Mordheim with you. I've got a conquistador-themed warband in the works. If I ever finish it.

Leeuwarden, but I don't have any scenery (yet, and seeing how my finances will go not for a long time either). But you are always welcome to drop by!

Rules question: if a model is charged by a fear-causer while already in combat, does it take a fear test? Several people told me no, but I can't see anything to support that. The FAQ even says you have to take multiple fear tests if charged by multiple fear-causers at once.

I could have gotten it wrong, but it does make sense that no would be the answer.   The logic is that you are immune to fear while in combat [this is also the logic for why you don't need to take a fear test at the start of every round]

Speaking of henchmen groups: if a group starts as just one guy, can you still add new henchmen to that group later? Or can you only add henchmen up to the original number of the group?

You can always add more guys up to your warband maximum.   It is a useful tactic to have many different henchmen groups at the start and add henchmen to the groups that get useful advances.   Though it is more expensive and difficult to add henchmen to experienced groups.

Indeed, but maximum is 5 for every single henchmen group.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 10:12:59 PM »
Mordheim needed an option to have a "generic" setting - gangs fighting for control of "turf" in a city, or small bands of brigands controlling highways etc. It wouldn't be too difficult to change the background without really changing the rules.

The Empire in Flames setting is all about 'small bands of brigands'.  As is the Nemesis Crown, Lustria, Border Town Burning and so on.

The newer Mutiny in Marienburg is set in, well, Marienburg.  Gangs and lawmen, merchants, etc fight over 'turf' in a city. 

In general Mordheim the game system is very flexible and if you can think of a place or environment that you would like to campaign in, chances are someone else has written a set of rules for it or you can just do it.  I personally never got into Mordheim the City of the Damned, but I love Lustria, Khemri, Sartosa.  Our current campaign is set in Al-Haikk.

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8264-tales-of-the-arabyan-nights
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »
Ermagerd, Steg. I live 30 minutes away from you. DUNN DUNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNN!
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »
Ermagerd, Steg. I live 30 minutes away from you. DUNN DUNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNN!

If I knew that a month ago you would have been attending the Eurobash! So next year you're one of the attendees :)

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »
Well you didn't ask! :D

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »
If I was Steg, I would now be worried about Syphon staring through my kitchen window...

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »
Every time read one of his posts I find myself checking the windows around me.

• Members
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
If I was Steg, I would now be worried about Syphon staring through my kitchen window...

Every time read one of his posts I find myself checking the windows around me.

That might pose a problem then... as at the moment my window frames and windows are being replaced..

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »
And who do you think that you hired to do so? :engel:

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 08:41:35 PM »
And who do you think that you hired to do so? :engel:

Not you, coz the guy doing it doesn't live 30 mins away ;)

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 07:45:35 AM »
You're so gullible.

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 04:20:09 AM »
"TC" stands for Town Cryer, the Mordheim magazinette. I guess someone will eventually upload them all somewhere into the www. Now some are a bit hard to find and/or costly.

-Z

Actually that's already been done. I can point people in the right direction if they PM

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
Me too. There's even tweaked rulesets. I think one of them came from this site, in fact. At any rate, my warband is being assembled. So harpy. Still need to figure out a conversion for a great weapon, though.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2022, 12:29:59 PM »
Why Mordheim could be considered the best GW game ever ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QKzQtNMqS0
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2022, 12:27:13 PM »
I watched a presentation by Tobias at some convention they went into how they developed the game that they did, especially the atmosphere, and how they used old art depicting things like the plague for inspiration.

What is incredible is how well its aged, and you don't need the miniatures of the day or anything else but the rulebook to play.

I am not good at making my own terrain, so when I see custom medieval buildings and game boards I am usually in awe. I've only played mostly using the terrain that comes in the box set, which I admit I do still like and are happy with.

I do think GW's best work is years behind us as far as games are concerned. There are so many classics I just refuse to get rid of, and still get goose bumps when I open the starter sets.