The Empire at War > Skirmish & Warband

Dragon Rampant

<< < (2/22) > >>

Zygmund:
Splendid choice of minis! My absolute favourites among the Empire rank-and-file.  :-)

You say you don't have spare heads for head swaps. What you could do is carefully remove a couple of the Swordsmen heads and put them on the Pikemen/Handgunners, and then put the removed Pikemen/Handgunner heads back into the shoulders of the Swordsmen. So a real head swap. Would bring you variation.

I admire your energy. So much progress. I must have a dozen similar projects stalled on the shelf and in boxes, but at my pace it will be years to get them done. Long years to come up with new projects...  :roll:

-Z

Artobans Ghost:

--- Quote from: Zygmund on May 01, 2018, 06:15:17 AM ---Splendid choice of minis! My absolute favourites among the Empire rank-and-file.  :-)

You say you don't have spare heads for head swaps. What you could do is carefully remove a couple of the Swordsmen heads and put them on the Pikemen/Handgunners, and then put the removed Pikemen/Handgunner heads back into the shoulders of the Swordsmen. So a real head swap. Would bring you variation.

I admire your energy. So much progress. I must have a dozen similar projects stalled on the shelf and in boxes, but at my pace it will be years to get them done. Long years to come up with new projects...  :roll:

-Z

--- End quote ---

Thanks Zygmund!
That head swap is a great idea. I have some of these swordsman, 6 ed swordsman and some newer handgunners/crossbowmen that could stand some brain transplants. Itís funny the tunnel vision you can acquire in thinking something is done and untouchable because Ďitís doneí. That will be tonightís goal and maybe some primer.

GamesPoet:
My idea was along the same lines as Zygmund, but only using the spearmen heads themselves for the spearmen and obtaining 16 different looking guys.  It is a bunch of head swapping, but it worked for me when I did my original 16 spearmen from the 6th edition starter set, like the ones you're showing us.

Artobans Ghost:

--- Quote from: GamesPoet on May 01, 2018, 11:55:36 AM ---My idea was along the same lines as Zymund, but only using the spearman heads themselves for the spearmen and obtaining 16 different looking guys.  It is a bunch of head swapping, but it worked for me when I did my original 16 spearmen from the 6th edition starter set, like the ones you're showing us.

--- End quote ---

Exactly! Thanks GP. The only thought that occurred was a bin of heads to choose from which didnít exist 😸

Artobans Ghost:
After some brain salad surgery.....
That was fun and turned out no one has the same head anymore. Lots of aspirin required. Forgot to pick up primer but probably didnít have enough time anyways.

Heads taken:

Heads given:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version