home

Author Topic: Forays into the Mortal Realms - Disciples of Tzeentch  (Read 2119 times)

Offline valmir

• Members
Forays into the Mortal Realms - Disciples of Tzeentch
« on: March 12, 2019, 07:02:39 PM »
Boring backstory: Lately, I've been spending a lot of time in London for relationship reasons. Having not really played anything in a while (real life getting in the way for a couple of years straight), I decided to build an army in England, and having played exclusively 40k since the End Times, I decided to put together a Thousand Sons army. Part of that decision was that I could then use the Tzaangors to pivot and try out some small games of Age of Sigmar.

As I've been getting into it, though, and engaging properly with the rules and watching games online, I've been finding myself MUCH more interested in AoS than I am in 40k. I don't know how AoS played at the beginning, but I'm so impressed by how much tactical depth there is - especially when it comes to aspects like movement - in this game.

As I said, I'll be starting with my Disciples of Tzeentch. I suspect I'll just be passing through, though, because (a) they don't really fit my playstyle that well; and (b) they seem pretty good, and I really just prefer the challenge of playing something grotesquely underpowered and trying not to lose too badly. I've also got hold of 1k points of Kharadron Overlords, who look fun (I can imagine lists that might play how I'd want to), but I have yet to glue a single dude together, and I'd rather wait until I've at least got one army painted and "on the go" before moving on.

In any case, it's fair to say that Age of Sigmar right now has me excited about the *gaming* side of the hobby in a way that I simply haven't been since maybe 6th edition. I'll try and post some photos and post-battle musings in this space as my journey continues!  :mellow:
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I'm pretty sure the dwarfs are carved from refined suck. I'd rather build an army out of lego.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Forays into the Mortal Realms - Disciples of Tzeentch
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:31:02 PM »
Welcome back! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:42:00 PM »
Please do! I have a tzeentch army stored away and would love to hear about them.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 04:03:39 PM »
I'm late to the party but glad to see its got you interested! It actually has some surprising depth once you get going.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 09:47:40 AM »
Sounds good! Any updates?