home

Author Topic: 8th Edition Rules Quesiton: Warrior Priest and Hatred  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Yvain

• Members
8th Edition Rules Quesiton: Warrior Priest and Hatred
« on: February 02, 2020, 02:03:10 PM »
First round of combat and someone kills the Warrior Priest at initiative step 5. Do my state troops lose hatred because the priest is dead? Or do keep it because it was granted to them by the priest and they are in the first round of combat.

Online Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: 8th Edition Rules Quesiton: Warrior Priest and Hatred
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 03:06:14 PM »
Pretty sure the Priest needs to be alive.
But its been a long time since I have looked at the rules.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 03:21:16 PM »
Empire AB p. 36: "The Warrior Priest, and any unit he is currently in, has the Hatred special rule. "

If the WP is dead, he is not in the unit anymore.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Yvain

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:32:09 PM »
I recalled reading somewhere that the order of things doesn't matter in this case, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
Perhaps you confused it with the Battle Prayers: these will remain active, until the next friendly Magic phase, whether or not the WP is alive.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)