home

Author Topic: Slaanesh Daemons vs Wood Elves with a question  (Read 1128 times)

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
Slaanesh Daemons vs Wood Elves with a question
« on: August 09, 2021, 04:15:44 PM »
Played a game yesterday, full Daemons, storm of chaos list with Be'Lakor and the Sisters of Twilight and full elves (no trees) facing off. It was a very evenly matched game, Right up until the last round of combat I thought I was going to lose with Slaanesh.

One of the biggest highlights was the Titilating Delusions spell. Had the sisters roaming the back of the board for most the game. It was a fun match. the amount of arrows flying at the Daemonettes etc made it extremely difficult to get across the table, but in the end, there was a massive multi charge with two (single rank) daemonette units with Be'lakor into the two dragons and a unit of archers. The only reason I won the draw though was the dragons focusing on Be'lakor instead of going for easy CR slaughtering daemonettes.

One question came up, Waywatchers can shoot through forests, therefore being over 2" within the wood, unable to be seen or charged. Is this correct? I ended up scaring them out of the trees with terror, but I had a ranked unit ready to charge them before that and didn't simply because they couldn't see them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:14:18 PM by brr-icy »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Slaanesh Daemons vs Wood Elves with a question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 03:10:50 AM »
I am pretty sure thats correct. Waywatchers were very hard to remove.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 12:23:28 PM »
I've also heard the running joke with Slaanesh forces is that they lack ranged weapons and have to march [or in their case, dance] towards the enemy and just absorb missiles

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 12:24:52 PM »
Sounds a bit like being the folks that are dodging balls during a dodge ball game. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 04:58:52 PM »
If wre we talking 6th (or 7th) edition, the answer is: no, it is not correct. There is no rule that would allow Waywatchers to shoot through forests, if they are over 2"in a wood. The Forest Stalker special rule gives Waywatchers an extra -1 to Hit and the Scout special rule. Since they are also Skirmishers, they therefore start with a -2 to Hit.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)