home

Author Topic: Afganistan, Covid, and Puffins ... and an Icelandic perspective ...  (Read 515 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Just jiven'
Re: Afganistan, Covid, and Puffins ... and an Icelandic perspective ...
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2021, 02:46:51 AM »
What a mess! There seem to be a nice threeway conflict brewing. Talibans, ISIS-K and the New Northern Alliance. But ISIS-K seem to be totally bonkers picking a fight with the Talibans because they are too soft!

In the end, that alone could be something of a saving grace if they become so terrible that the Talibans and Northern Alliance feels they simply have to take down ISIS-K for the sake of Afghanistan.
It'l be like Life of Brian. The Extremist terrorist front will be at war with the Terrorist extremist front

haha

Competing to be the biggus dickus I suppose? 
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2021, 06:52:50 AM »
I thought it was established years ago that terrorists were already giant dicks

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 01:26:41 PM »
Wait there! What about Front Extremist Terrorists?
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2021, 01:47:25 AM »
im moving to ice land
This is how Liberty dies, by the sound of thundering applause.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2021, 03:59:26 AM »
I here ya.

Total screwed up mess in Afganistan and with covid, and the puffins returning to Iceland in greater numbers, it's got to be more peaceful there, right? :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mathi Alfblut

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2021, 11:52:21 AM »
Iceland is a chill place to be.

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2021, 01:56:08 AM »
hahaha

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2021, 09:11:00 AM »
Two thumbs up. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2021, 08:43:21 PM »
A total failure based on lies, disceptions, misinformation layered by a goodwill mission to overlay western ideology on this medieval society. Carried on for 20 years with blood on everyone’s hands. Should never had been there , Iraq etc.
Also no withdrawal in military history has been without loss of life, tragedy to the locals etc. Remember Churchill, praised as the hero of Dunkirk while 15 K soldiers died. When the axis forces left Africa, 250000 left behind, etc and on and on. Afghanistan and Iraq has led directly to today’s problems with Islam. The Arab spring, isis, Syria, are all offspring of these actions

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2021, 11:56:28 AM »

Jenn M. Jackson (they/them) is a queer genderflux androgynous Black woman, an abolitionist, a lover of all Black people, and an Assistant Professor at Syracuse University in the Department of Political Science. Jackson’s primary research is in Black Politics with a focus on group threat, gender and sexuality, political behavior, and social movements.

Yep, Usama bin Ladin and now the Taliban have struck devastating blows to the heteropatriarchy! And no doubt to white supremacy too. Just ask the Hazaras....
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 01:36:20 PM »
Obviously she isn't thinking before she speaks, which unfortunately is what happens with some who are being discriminated against.  As an example, there were multiple races fighting against the extremists, not just white Americans.  Not sure I want to know what she has said about covid-19.

And imagine what she must think of the puffins! :icon_eek: :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline Mathi Alfblut

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2021, 02:56:06 PM »
Thinking before you speak is overrated! It does not give any clicks or headlines.

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2021, 03:27:01 PM »
"The notion of masculine hegemony is putatively ingrained in society. The maintenance of patriarchal ideology sends ripples in the production of spaces, particularly in architecture and urban planning.

[...]

A patriarchal framing of architectural spaces undeniably privileges masculinist power, in its representation of social order, hierarchical progression, polarities, and stereotypical gender roles.

[...]

In a patriarchal society, formal codes, conventions of architecture, and city planning theories have been deployed to erect phallocentrism. Anthropomorphism—male body imagery—is pervasive, from phallic construction of skyscrapers to the muscular construction of civic architecture. These are obeisant emblems of a male dominated society. Masculine power is reified and legitimized through the city and its architecture."

Gerard Rey A. Lico, Architecture and Sexuality: The Politics of Gendered Space.

Granted, the Twin Towers may look phallic, but the notion that they were heteropatriarchal symbols is a fallacy.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2021, 04:30:11 PM »
The problem is that these are just one example of current academia, where the pernicious and poisonous influence of the so-called "Critical Science" (which is neither critical nor science) is now even spreading to STEM studies and society in general. As things are going, the West is dismantling itself, and the main beneficiary will be that mercantile dictatorship, Communist China.

I'll leave it at that, since although connected, it is another discussion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 04:34:50 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2021, 04:46:49 PM »
The idea that China in essence at a minimum underacted in their effort to contain the virus from getting out world wide, and only acted to protect itself internally, while now rumor has it they are opening up discussions with the Tailban in Afghanistan ... these kinds of things show us where they really stand.  The world has got to make different choices in how it deals with China moving forward.  There's got to be a long term vision, and path that can be followed, although whether or not one can be formed with consistency is questionable, and thta is what they are likely counting on as they move their own world vision forward.

And I doubt that they care much about the puffins. :icon_wink:

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2021, 08:54:52 PM »
Afghanistan held off the brutal tactics of Russia, the attempt to push western notions by the international community and its military invasion. China won’t be there with guns or ideology , it will be with contracts, food, necessities of life in return for the untold mineral resources it holds. It will have Afghanistan
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zak

• Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2021, 02:38:01 PM »
so twice now Biden was cut off by the media ..lol what was he going to say ?

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2021, 04:51:04 PM »
Did it have anything to do with Afghanistan, Covid, or ... puffins? :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2021, 03:08:14 AM »
Afghanistan held off the brutal tactics of Russia, the attempt to push western notions by the international community and its military invasion. China won’t be there with guns or ideology , it will be with contracts, food, necessities of life in return for the untold mineral resources it holds. It will have Afghanistan
And this could be at least part of why countries like America, Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Japan, and others ... need to be doing the same.