Imperial Artisans ... The Painters, Crafters & Writers Guilds > Empire Crafts and Skills

Silicoil Brush Jar

(1/1)

KTG17:
So I got one of these for Christmas and after using it for a little bit I have to admit its one of my favorite hobby 'tools' I have ever had.

https://www.amazon.com/Winsor-Newton-Silicoil-Brush-Cleaning/dp/B0027ACEI2

I guess you can make your own, but its pretty inexpensive. The best part is something I never thought about doing, and thats having a lid on my water pot. So after I clean it out, I refill it, cap it, then its ready for the next time I paint. I can't tell you how many times I would leave my water pot to dry out and then have to clean it out and refill it before starting.

The coil is pretty great too. You can run your brush through it to really squeeze out the paint.

Maybe these have been around for a while I don't know, but I think they are great.

Syphon:
How does it work? Do you run the brush past the wire?

KTG17:
Yeah essentially, the coil helps clean out all that paint that builds up at the root of the brush. I will actually run the brush around through the loop of the coil in addition to just running it over to squeeze out all that I can.

I actually went down a little rabbit hole looking into how other painters take care of their brushes and so on and was surprised how little I knew and how poorly I have taken care of my hobby tools over the years. So much so I am calling it 'The Great Reset'. So I have been trying out knew brush soaps and things like that hoping to make what I have last longer. But anyway one of the things I discovered was this brush jar and I just love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version