home

Author Topic: mordheim video game for late 2014  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Johann Q Peasant

• Members
  • Cheese Burgher
mordheim video game for late 2014
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/03/mordheim-video-game-announced.html?m=1

2014 confirmed for a good year. My first gw game, it caused this miniatures madness in my life. I can't wait. I hope it's like xcom, but with a much larger map.
Putting the "Off" in Off-topic.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: mordheim video game for late 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
Came up in the Back Table gamer thread. Could be interesting...Space Hulk was but not for the release price. We shall see...especially how diverse with the warbands they will get. I mean Blood Bowl was damned fun but still that was not a release purchase for me.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Johann Q Peasant

• Members
  • Cheese Burgher
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 12:12:36 AM »
Damn I knew I was late to the party

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:26:34 AM »
There are a lot of core bits of Mordheim I fear will suffer in video game format...say like scenarios. I will guess it will fix the broken bits of combat but it is hard to make the setting stuff work out other than it is some sort of scripted campaign single player. Blood Bowl worked since you play on the same pitch all the time, Mordheim is way tougher to try and get the cool loot tables scenarios and other stuff to work over the course of a single player experience. Maybe it will be good multi-player(warband pools or some such) but who knows.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Johann Q Peasant

• Members
  • Cheese Burgher
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:04:29 AM »
I honestly think a map system might workout to help players find "good loot" .... mwu hahaha

Also, a completely random map in the center constantly changing to reflect the warping powers of chaos might keep the game fresh

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »
I have a feeling it's gonna be a bit like X-COM. I know this isn't very Mordheim-like of me, but I'd rather have some sort of persistent third person action RPG rather than team based strategy.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.