home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 263366 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1575 on: January 24, 2021, 04:41:41 PM »
I also picked up on the massive Darkest Dungeon vibes and I'm hyped for it. Love the game and think it would fit a gritty warhammer one just as well,

I'll also be picking up the new vampires super fast. Quick back of the napkin math and I think my undead army is my largest evil one, and its always hungering for new generals!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1576 on: January 25, 2021, 10:45:25 AM »
I am blown away by the vampires and the witch hunter. They looks awesome to me.

What he said ^^^

Cursed City sounds really intriguing, dark and dingy, like an AoS Mordheim?

Looking at the artwork, really hoping for some cool adventurer style characters, hopefully on a Human (i.e. NOT stormcast) scale.

Finally - the Witch Hunter looks cool, and I dunno about the stake launcher - the leg armour is what makes me cringe. Can he even bend at the knee?!  :lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1577 on: January 25, 2021, 12:42:40 PM »
As long as the lower thigh portion of the armor isn't strapped to the leg, perhaps.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1578 on: January 25, 2021, 01:45:21 PM »
As long as the lower thigh portion of the armor isn't strapped to the leg, perhaps.

I'd like to see him run! :-P

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1579 on: January 25, 2021, 02:10:08 PM »
Witchhunters don't run.  They fire their weapons, unless attacked, and then they swing their weapons.  They need to do their duty, taking out witches, and stick around for more.  Running after or away, not needed or desired. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1580 on: January 25, 2021, 05:53:32 PM »
More info on the Cursed City:

The hopes of a city rest on the shoulders of an unlikely collection of rogues, outcasts, and cut-throats. Of these, the figure with the most experience of hunting vampires is Jelsen Darrock. Once he hunted witches, aethergheists, and cultists of the Dark Gods, but after he was expelled from the Order of Azyr, he decided on a massive career change and started hunting vampires instead.

Darrock is armed with the Ardent Blade and carries a long-barrelled rifle, which he has dubbed Judgement. With deadly accuracy, he fires sanctified mortsilver bullets that punch through armour, flesh, and bone with ease.* He also carries stakes carved from Aqshian firewood that burst into flames when they pierce the flesh of undead creatures.

Having arrived at Ulfenkarn, he is determined to sweep it clean of the taint of the undead, but he can’t do it without help. We’ll be taking a look at some of his vampire-hunting buddies as we get closer to the release of Warhammer Quest: Cursed City.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1581 on: January 27, 2021, 01:26:04 PM »
Shows that its a high stakes mission.

I thought it was well done....
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1582 on: February 04, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »
We got another update to the coming Cursed City box game, and they say it'll be a weekly feature. Check this stuff out. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/04/your-first-look-at-warhammer-quest-cursed-citys-skeletal-ulfenwatch/

“Hear ye, hear ye! Meet the merciless Ulfenwatch – the skeleton militia that keep the streets free of defiance. Who can rid us of this undead menace? I’m the Cursed City crier, and I’ll be feeding you all the information you need to help rid this place of its undead scourge.”

Welcome to the first in a new series of weekly articles where we’ll be taking a look at the heroes and villains of Ulfenkarn in the build up to the release of Warhammer Quest: Cursed City. We’re kicking off with a look at Captain Halgrim and his Ulfenwatch and, boy, have they got a bone to pick with you.

Hoping to receive the ‘gift’ of the Soulblight curse, Oleksander Halgrim joined the traitorous purge of Ulfenkarn’s nobility. This did not go down well with his fellow officers, who bound him hand and foot and threw him in a sewer pit to be eaten by Corpse Rats. His skeleton was then raised as a Deathrattle officer to lead the Ulfenwatch, although he is now little more than a rotting automaton.

To control a city the size of Ulfenkarn, an army is required. With no time to place ads in the local newspaper, Gorslav the Gravekeeper emptied the corpse-gardens and crypt-tunnels. Soon an army of fleshless soldiers were dispensing brutal justice on the streets from their stronghold, the Vharngate

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1583 on: February 04, 2021, 04:07:49 PM »
The officer is meh but the regular guardsmen are amazing.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1584 on: February 04, 2021, 04:28:02 PM »
I agree. :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1585 on: February 04, 2021, 04:31:42 PM »
Thanks for the link Gankom, and in so going there, another link to this site as well which currently has a video now as well ...

https://ageofsigmar.com/cursed-city/?utm_source=Warhammer%20Community&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=cursedcity040221&utm_content=cursedcity040221

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1586 on: February 04, 2021, 05:15:58 PM »
Really digging (excuse the pun) these new Skellies, I've just been getting back into my Undead so very timely indeed, will be getting these and the Sepulchral Guard from a while back.

Video is interesting, the heroes look like our With Hunter, Wood Elf scout sort of person and then what? Dwarf and an Ogre?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1587 on: February 04, 2021, 05:19:58 PM »
The website suggest there will be 8 heroes. The one's I've been hearing are the Witch Hunter, a wood elf style elf, an ogre, a kharadron dwarf, some kind of similar to Bret paladin, and a wizard lady of some kind (possibly fire). The remaining two is still a mystery.

But I am stoked to see this as a weekly feature. Looking forward to more info, and hopefully this means its coming soonish. April seems like the current bet.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1588 on: February 04, 2021, 09:00:08 PM »
The website suggest there will be 8 heroes. The one's I've been hearing are the Witch Hunter, a wood elf style elf, an ogre, a kharadron dwarf, some kind of similar to Bret paladin, and a wizard lady of some kind (possibly fire). The remaining two is still a mystery.

But I am stoked to see this as a weekly feature. Looking forward to more info, and hopefully this means its coming soonish. April seems like the current bet.

I'm just really curious at the total miniature count. Seems like 8 Heroes and 8 'Bosses' wonder on the number of henchmen and if the quality will be as amazing as those skeletons.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1589 on: February 05, 2021, 12:29:49 AM »
Certainly seems like its going to be a pretty big boxset from the looks of things.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1590 on: February 05, 2021, 12:37:51 AM »
OK, now we are talking! The undead units (not counting this weird 'bonesreaper' faction) have been very good thus far. I can see myself buying those eventually. If only the rest of AoS was more like this.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1591 on: February 05, 2021, 01:54:05 AM »
If the boxed set has the humans and undead(?), then I'll have my first group of undead figures.

(I have one metal skeleton, yet not sure if it is GW or not, but I digress.)

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1592 on: February 05, 2021, 09:56:23 AM »
I'm just really curious at the total miniature count. Seems like 8 Heroes and 8 'Bosses' wonder on the number of henchmen and if the quality will be as amazing as those skeletons.

What he said, the 8 heroes sound interesting, especially the Bret(ish) Paladin. The 8 'bosses' likely being those vampires etc. but I'm hoping for decent numbers of skellies, enough to form up into a decent regiment of Grave Guard etc.

Fingers crossed and I'll be looking out for these weekly updates! :biggriin:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1593 on: February 05, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »
We also got a preview of the coming Slaangor box set. VERY similar to the guy who got released recently as part of direchasm, this is the box set for AoS thats coming now.

I feel bad for whichever mortal draws the short straw and has to help the crab arm beastmen put on those black tights.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1594 on: February 05, 2021, 08:09:18 PM »
Sorry, no enthusiasm here for those figures, and it isn't just the paint scheme brothering me.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1595 on: February 05, 2021, 11:53:02 PM »
I don't really care for most chaos critters to begin with, so these fit right into that category with me. But they do seem to be pretty popular amongst a lot of the Slaany players.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1596 on: February 06, 2021, 12:11:55 AM »
Yeah the S&M tights are a bit much, the one Underworlds fig was fine all of them no. A large part of all the various chaos stuff has been interesting to good these not so much.

There also has to be some irony that you would think the Chaos god most likely fine with less clothing requires their beastmen to wear more than the others. Very discriminatory I say.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1597 on: February 06, 2021, 01:00:07 AM »
Seems the one with only one claw, the left legging has slipped, or let slide to display his leg jewelry.  Oh my. :icon_redface:

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1598 on: February 06, 2021, 04:20:20 PM »
Man those skeletons look awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of the set!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1599 on: February 06, 2021, 06:07:22 PM »
I'm curious to hear folks thoughts about the gravekeeper from the other page. This guy;

I've been thinking it over a bit. I really like the model, HUGE Darkest Dungeon vibes to me, but I'm starting to think its a very different ascetic. Not quite old world, not even quite any of the new Age of Sigmar styles. I still like it and he seems to fit with this set, but anyone else notice just how different it feels? Especially his head thing and giant shovel weapon.