home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 147932 times)

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1800 on: July 04, 2021, 07:14:01 PM »
I far prefer the bare heads myself, and I think the designs of the faces and hair styles are actually really neat.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1801 on: July 05, 2021, 12:16:50 PM »
Agreed with Stonebeard. The Stormcasts are just the same, they've actually had human heads for the models for awhile. Pretty much only the very first batch was helmet only. They are pushing more of the helmet less ones in the promo pictures which really help. Although I'm finding it interesting how many people I see online far prefer the masks.

And the duel boxes are pretty old, even going back to Fantast. Same beasty, slightly different bits to make a generic hero on monster or a special character on slightly different monster. There's lots of them at this point.
I love the bare human heads over the masks, but I don't have Stormcasts, I just get my hands on as many different bare heads as I can for kitbashing and conversions because it's great for the variety!

Only thing is I can't keep up with all the new heads hitting the shelves!
Its gotta hurt when the heads hit the shelfs.

:engel:

Regardless of the humor, I prefer the heads to the masks.  And having two figures in the same monster box can provide opportunity to use either on the monster.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1802 on: July 05, 2021, 01:28:54 PM »
Well the great thing about them is that compared to Space Marines, who also tend to offer a lot of bare headed options especially in the Primaris sets nowadays, the Stormcast heads don't have any earpieces or anything else technological like that. Might sound like an obvious point but I've used SM heads before where I've almost removed half the guys face and had to green stuff an ear in place of a big metal antenna thing.

Stormcast bare heads are great for adding diversity and interest to all kinds of normal human minis and I've got plenty of them filling the ranks of my Empire and Imperial Guard armies already :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1803 on: July 12, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »
So AoS is continuing the trend we saw in 40k. Dominion was the big, special box for the new edition. Now all the stuff in it is getting broken down into 3 different levels that will be the new starter boxes.

First we have the very beginner level starter box.

Then we have the medium, "Average gamer" level.

And then we have the "Extremis" level, which includes quite a bit of scenery and a game board.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1804 on: July 19, 2021, 04:13:32 PM »
The Kruleboyz earn status and power by ruthlessly murdering whoever’s above them in the pecking order. The constant threat of assassination means that Killabosses and Swampcalla Shamans who make it to the top must be exceptional individuals indeed.

Atop all of those rare characters sits the most cunning and devious of them all: Gobsprakk, the Mouth of Mork – so named for his ability to speak any language, conveniently including Kragnos’ long-dead tongue.

We’ve seen many monstrous things emerge from the swamps of Ghur, but they all fall under the shadow of Gobsprakk and his vast Corpse-rippa Vulcha, Killabeak. He’s an important new shaman in the Era of the Beast, and this prophet is possibly the most powerful Kruleboyz orruk in the Mortal Realms.

Corpse-rippa Vulcha. Sometimes Ork names are even extra groan worthy.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1805 on: July 26, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »
New Dragon characters.

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1806 on: July 27, 2021, 04:25:27 PM »
Impressive... but not for me I'm afraid.

This is going to sound like a weird thing to say but they look more like characters than they do beasts/monsters. They look like something out of Spyro and I'm sort of picturing them with Sean Connery's voice (10points if you get the reference) having deep conversations about the origins of the world. I read in the original article that they're also magic? Are we talking wizard dragons?...

I do get that they're supposed to be named characters and in that respect ok, they've hit the nail on the head, dragons are clearly no longer just the big nasty lizards that the mighty heroes of take for walkies.

I guess it's just another instance of AoS marmite. I imagine they'll be pretty epic in scale, incredible centrepieces if nothing else.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1807 on: July 28, 2021, 03:05:45 PM »
Like the Vulcher. Give me a unit of smaller versions of them, and I’m in.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.