home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of Horus Heresy (WH30K)  (Read 7269 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of Horus Heresy (WH30K)
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 12:07:03 AM »
Quite the figure there.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »
The Warhawk has entered the battlefield!

Khaaaaan!

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2022, 04:10:29 PM »
There's been some "leaks" regarding changes to Horus Heresy rules, referred to as 2.0. From the two pages I've seen, it looks like a hybrid of 7th and 9th edition. Vehicles maintain their armor facing characteristics and hull points, while also now getting a movement range characteristic. In contrast Dreadnoughts have an armor save and wounds. They are keeping initiative and 7th edition WS and BS profiles.

Nothing much in the rumor mill other than these "leaks." HH 2.0 was always a rumor since the leaked image of the siege of terra box set months ago but its been really silent. Whereas there are leaks galore regarding the new Eldar Codex for 40k, so its up in the air on when 2.0 will actually happen any time soon. The thing with HH compared to 40K though is there isn't a separate codex for each faction, its pretty much 18 factions (the legions) in a single book and then a couple other books with other participants (custodes and sisters of silence share a book, mechanicum has their own, and solar auxilia shares one with cults and militias). So it may just take awhile re-balancing everything along with hybridization of rules, whereas 40K is a constant rules update for each faction.

edit: a couple of other leaks too. Like this picture of a spartan illistrating the areas around the vehicle units can disembark.

and here's another "leak" about whats changing.

Edit: someone on reddit remarked that they visited the Forgeworld Store near them and all the rule books have been pulled off the shelves. SO we'll see.
 :-P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:20:53 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2022, 06:28:53 PM »
Lots more "leaks" came out today on 1D4Chan. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer30k/comments/t53h78/some_more_leaks/

Looks very much like a hybrid of 7th and 8th edition. I am excited. From what I can see, unit point costs have largely remained the same, which means people can keep their current lists. The rules may have changed or has been made easier (or just easier to understand) as well as incorporating 8th edition things like WS and movement values.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2022, 07:33:23 AM »
It is official! Horus Heresy 2.0 was announced at Adepticon and a wonderful cinematic trailer dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Se57MuiL8

Along with the cinematic trailer was the reveal of a new version of the game, non legion specific resin kits going to plastic and a praetor model and plastic mkVI kits (beakies).

― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »
Curious to learn if they are they keeping the scale at 28mm?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2022, 09:51:14 AM »
Yes, but they're making them closer to true scale as opposed to heroic scale. They're a little taller than old marines but still a bit shorter than Primaris. Its the same scale as the new 40K chaos marines have been. The recent Imperial Fist and Sons of Horus praetors are also this new scale (as is the new characters Fanfir, Maloghurst, and Zephon).

― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »
So more towards the 32mm sizing.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2022, 10:36:41 AM »
As far as I can tell, its still 28mm, just realistic scale as opposed to heroic scale. Less squat, more rightly proportioned.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2022, 11:11:03 PM »
As far as I can tell, its still 28mm, just realistic scale as opposed to heroic scale. Less squat, more rightly proportioned.

Haha exvellent, so now there's a THIRD size in the mix!? :-P

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2022, 04:59:42 AM »
I quite like that the leaks of the Imperial Fist fighting the Sons of Horus beakies made a bunch of youtubers and people on reddit upset that we fast forward over most of the heresy and was getting to the Siege of Terra, only for the cinematic trailer to come out and its obviously the battle of Battle of Beta-Garmon. AKA The Great Slaughter of Beta-Gammon and Titan Death!

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_Beta-Garmon

Seriously, what a battle! Titans, Knights, Lrions, Mechanicum, Imperial Army. The works!
― Jake the Dog

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2022, 01:52:56 PM »
Jesus. I thought I was done with new GW purchases until 10th edition came out. But I love the Horus Heresy. I got into 40k because of Adeptus Titanicus and Space Marine v1 and fought many many battles in the Heresy back in the day. Man I loved it. I really don't need this set, but it looks like I will have to buy it. Maybe I will resist.

Sons of Horus were black in the originally Heresy! Hate this green crap.

Glad to see the beakies are back.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2022, 02:23:16 PM »
KTG and I can't even agree on the Heresy color for Sons of Horus ... I like the green. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2022, 05:50:27 PM »
I cant help it. My first game they were shown black and my original Sons of Horus we black and have been ever since.

I don't mind the green when they were the Luna Wolves, but once they went to the Sons of Horus they are black to me.

I loved those guys! I even modeled a little Horus sticking out of the top hatch of an epic Land Raider. Man those were the days.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2022, 07:05:44 PM »
I like the Green, especially when you add black and gold to the armor too, with maybe some red embellishments (top knots, cloaks etc). Black is still worn by the 1st company Justarians and Reavers (possibly the enitre 1st company). Black is also worn to denote veternacy in the current Sons of Horus too. There was also so many color changes for them that eventually it was suggested that they started green and as the Heresy dragged on and they fell further and further to chaos they became darker and black armor was fairly common. Its been retconned so many time though from black to grey to sea green to emerald and even jade. As long as you have the heraldry, I don't think anyone really cares.
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2022, 10:50:45 PM »
True, and fluff is fluff. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2022, 12:35:09 AM »
I really have to fight myself from getting this. Here is what I already have going on.

I have two Adeptus Titanicus games (3 if you include the newer one that blows):

And I have two of these:

So when I first saw Adeptus Titanicus in a store, I had no idea what it was but that cover burned a hole in my head. It was too expensive for me and it took some years before I got it. But I always loved the cover. And its a bit of an odd one, as the red marines have the Fire Wasp symbol on them - which is a Titan Legion. So I guess back then GW maybe thought Space Marines could be assigned to Titan Legions? I don't know.

When Space Marine was released, they seemed to have sorted out the chapters more, and I never saw Fire Wasp Space Marines again. But I always loved the painting scheme for both titan armies and space marines, so I wanted to combine each to re-make the cover of the Titan Legions box, which I am in the process of doing.

But my other Space Marine set I wanted to do something different. Each army comes with 8 Land Raiders, 16 Rhinos, and 32 bases of infantry. So I decided to divide each side up into 4 different chapters: Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves; and the Sons of Horus, World Eaters, Emperors Children, and Death Guard, only I would paint them in their original colors as shown on the box.

Yes, I plan on painting the right arm red on all the Death Guard.

Anyway, the detachment sizes work perfectly dividing everyone up (like Land Raiders come in groups of 2) and I even added some assault and devastator units. So when done I will be able to fight proper Horus Heresy battles as they were originally intended - in Epic scale. I really think its going to look cool.

I even have parts set aside for a 6mm Emperor and Horus lol.

I just love the retro stuff.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2022, 01:58:44 AM »
I like how all those rhinos and land raiders look! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool:

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2022, 04:08:07 AM »
OMG! Look how easy it was to suck me in! I don’t need more games! I just emptied out my closet to focus on certain games! Can’t believe it was almost that easy for me to get this set when it comes out. I have RTB01 marines to build! I don’t need more!!!

Man… it is plastic crack.

Such a shame I have too much, because this not only looks like a great set, but the focus GW seems to be giving the heresy looks like a lot of fun. I will be jealous of those getting into it.  :closed-eyes:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2022, 11:24:24 AM »
Welcome to the dark side. :icon_wink:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2022, 02:21:47 AM »

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2022, 01:45:52 AM »
 :icon_lol: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2022, 12:41:12 PM »
Diemos pattern Rhino being released for Horus Heresy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJejG2uPu4w

And a Kratos Heavy Assault Tank ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGDlut2lY04

And heavy weapons will be available for infantry units ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0X1W5p_LaE

The heavy weapons and special weapons sold in boxes of 30, and there are at least three maybe four  different boxes of these coming.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:02:54 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2022, 12:59:12 PM »
Starter box set will have 40 tactical marines, 10 terminators, a Spartan assault vehicle, and a Contemptor dreadnaught ... none of which is surprising from all the pre-launch stuff coming out on this set for months.  However, I'm not complaining.

There is also a full rule book, and apparently shows lots of stuff that shows more product will be coming along eventually.