home

Author Topic: Latest Recruits  (Read 8217 times)

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
Re: Latest Recruits
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2021, 07:19:27 AM »
Empire

thyrus
marius
boris
aldebrand
valmir
20 free company

Lizardmen

130 saurus (going to do all the sacred spawnings)
27 skinks
24 temple.guard
19 saurus cavalry
3 scar vets
2 Skink priests
3 skink chiefs
nakai
3 terradons
mazamundi
10 chameleons
engine of the gods
troglodon
kroq-gar
2 jungle swarms
a set of LastSword scenery

Skaven

engineer
master moulder
deathmaster snitkch old and new model
warlord

Chaos

champion of tzeench
champion of slaanesh
chariot of slaanesh

High elves

Merwyrm #2

Dow

Asarnil

Zombie pirates

Queen bess
2 warmachine zombie cannons
pirate
using the two merwyrms as rotting leviathans when using the list
pirate maneater and nine ogres to zombify

I think that's it
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 07:33:05 AM by brr-icy »

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
I am excited to see the Zombie Pirates. Yarr!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2021, 12:53:45 PM »
Not sure if he classes as a 'latest recruit' because his constituent parts have been sat in my bits box for a while - but I have just accidentally created a character that looks more regal and pompous than my no1. top dog, lord general elector count equivalent... self made dilemma now!

First world problems :dry:

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2021, 10:53:32 AM »
Bought up a few of the newer ed. HE White Lion models that I was missing last week so they're all slowly turning up one by one in the post. Only a few left to get now to complete my 2 units, shame the plastic sets sell for silly money now because I need a couple of those too :dry:

Also got myself another set of the plastic Dwarf Ironbreakers though these guys will be Irondrakes. This is my second set and I'm not sure if I've mentioned them here before, but for some reason I find the plastic dwarfs to be really satisfying kits to put together, this one especially so. They're just so simple yet so elegant and everything fits together really brilliantly - I highly recommend, these guys have really moved on from the Asterix and Obelix dwarfs of yesteryear. I'm also looking forward to painting them because they have a really subtle pattern moulded into their armour plating so wondering if something like the new contrast paints (yet to experiment with) might bring it out a treat?

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2021, 11:23:35 AM »
Grabbed the new Be'lakor kit, so much fun to build and paint, and brings him in line with my other greater daemons. Also grabbed the new pyramid kit for my lizards to use as scenery. Plus 10 crossbowmen, 10 knights, and 10 white wolf knights to fill out my Ulric list

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2021, 11:19:19 AM »
got a tiny score at a local store of a couple cannons and a bunch of command units for under $40 cad. Plus 10 more knights of the white wolf, 20 flagellants to modify into wolf kin, 15 more freeguild that i'll use for warriors of the white wolf, a Grandmaster of the Knights panther, plus three salamanders from Lastsword Miniatures. I think I am done buying for a while

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2021, 11:38:43 AM »
👏☝️
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »
Be glad ya got there before I did. :icon_wink:

Seriously ... some of the stuff folks can find in local hobby stores can be amazing.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2021, 06:48:22 PM »
Be glad ya got there before I did. :icon_wink:

Seriously ... some of the stuff folks can find in local hobby stores can be amazing.
I left a ton of empire stuff there, like more white wolves, more knights, etc. just don't need them. There's almost a full 2k point army for skaven sitting there for about $100 cad. I keep debating grabbing the isle of blood half for $60 they have on sprue

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2021, 07:45:25 AM »
Awesome find!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2021, 03:41:45 PM »
After a long search I've finally snapped up a second plastic Master Engineer for a long overdue kitbash.

It's taken a few rounds of 'want to buy' requests but the FB buy/ sell/ swap group finally came good, brand new in the packaging for £8! eBay can get stuffed! :-P

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2021, 11:12:30 AM »
Super excited with this weekend's haul. I've been after a unit of Khornigors for a while, and ended up getting one for $100 cad for 23 models including command. Pretty stoked. Also picked up a Daemonic steed of slaanesh for a pleasureseeker conversion, only two more to go to have a unit for my soc list, finally a champion of Khorne, just need one of nurgle to have them all.

Built a Captain on a pegasus from a spare Gelt and a gryph knight. Turned out really nice. That was because of the old threads on here mentioning how useful one is.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »
did a bit of gathering for my empire army

Mortar and crew
20 handgunners
2 Hochland long rifle champs
20 very old style halberdiers for my dow army's paymaster guard
a luthor huss that was stuck in the bag randomly, i only had a newer conversion, so that will do
Ghazak Khan for my dow army, I have all the characters now
5 more pistoliers since mine are too far away to use

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »
Managed to snag myself some 'leftover' sprues from eBay, archers/huntsmen and handgunners/crossbowmen.

Mainly got them for the archers accessories and arms (to kit out and revive the used archers I salvaged from eBay a few months ago!) but also had a couple of spare archer and state troop bodies leftover as well so a nice little bonus to add to a militia or witch hunter retinue or something down the line.

Also picked up a few of the Dominion SE for harvesting bits, the Ven Denst daddy/daughter witch hunters, Nomad Prince, Sepulchral Guard and some SoB Celestians. Quite a mix!

Probably bought a bit more than I ought to have, but never mind :-P

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2021, 06:46:49 PM »
Got some Avatars of War Slayers and an engineer coming since they had a sale not to long ago. Looking forward to trying the new company and seeing how they fit in with the existing ascetics.

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2021, 08:14:04 PM »
Been buying/trading quite a lot of stuff lately   :biggriin:

Orks
Warboss, 30 boyz, 3 warbikes

Spacemarines
A bunch of tacticals, 3 bikes, some HQs

Bought and traded some Free companies, random bitz, 10 metal greatswords and 12 6th handgunners for 2 sets of Skull Pass dwarfes and 16 high elf spearmen + a box of bitz.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2021, 11:08:41 AM »
After a long and previously fruitless search I finally got myself three dogs, all in the same day!

I landed a Mordheim Witch Hunter Hound on eBay and the Facebook buy/sell/swap group came good for the two Wood Elf Orion Warhounds.

Now I need a kennel... :-P

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »
Nice, I have been trying to get a unit of 10 hounds for my ulric list, might go 3d printed though since the originals are so hard to get

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
Nice, I have been trying to get a unit of 10 hounds for my ulric list, might go 3d printed though since the originals are so hard to get

Yeah you're right they are silly hard to get, I honestly feel like I struck lucky with these.

I think the Morheim hound had been poorly listed on eBay so might have avoided a lot of specific searches and the Orion Warhounds never come up unless they're part of the full set with the big man (can I call Orion a man?) himself. A nice guy on FB generously parted with them and let me have them for a good price.

I actually got the Wood Elf Wildcat as well a couple of weeks ago though that is a lot less sought after it seems.

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2021, 04:13:32 PM »
Nice, I have orion's with him, every time i see them separately, they're like $75, not paying that. I still need to track down an old wood elf bear too

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2021, 11:28:11 AM »
Rombustus! :biggriin:

He's on his way in the post...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2021, 12:08:10 PM »
Subtract that tab at the bottom, and he makes 28mm no problem.  Cool looking figure too!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Heinrich von Kampfmann

• Members
  • May Sigmar guide my blade
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2021, 08:15:20 PM »
Trading ~50 6th edition plastic Dark elf warriors and a old dark rider for a runesmith, 21 dwarfs with great weapon, 1 organ gun and a white dwarf.
30th birthday next month so 1 or 2 start collecting: duardin DWARFS!!! might turn up in a few weeks ;)

I've already painted 50 DE warriors with 20 more to go this year, want some better things than crossbows and spears in my army.   

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2021, 12:25:43 PM »
Rombustus! :biggriin:

He's on his way in the post...

He arrived today!...

... aaand I promptly snapped the end of his sword off when trying to gently straighten it...

:unsure:

*facepalm*

Ah well it's not too bad, I'll just have to pin it back on!

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2021, 07:29:16 AM »
The Facebook buy/sell/swap group has come through for me yet again!  :biggriin:

Got myself 9 Forgeworld Nuln Ironsides as good as brand new and a totally untouched box of 3 more Demigryph Knights, all from the same guy!  :::cheers:::