home

Author Topic: Previously Released Movies Watched Currently ...  (Read 777 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
Re: Previously Released Movies Watched Currently ...
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2021, 01:24:05 AM »
Rewatching the Corpse Bride with my 3yo and I have to say the first 20 minutes of the movie would make an absolute perfect Victorian Era Gothic Horror Story.

[spoiler]
A young man with new money parents is being forces to marry into nobility so his parents can be considered elite. Said young man is nervous about this obligation and even after he meets his bride to be he still fumbles the rehearsal, making a fool of himself. He takes a stroll on a foggy night into the woods by the old cemetery. As he laments his destiny and practices his vows he drops the ring. He finds finds it looped onto an exposed skeletal finger. A willowy veiled woman in white emerges from the shallow grave reaching for him. He screams and runs home. Over the course of the next few days as his parents pester him about the missing ring and as he goes about preparing for the wedding day, he sees glimpses of the woman in white. Haunting him, just out of reach. He sees her outside his window the night before the wedding and becomes hysterical. His parents think all these feverish outbursts are just him trying to get out of his obligations, or just per-marital nerves. The next evening as the groom meets the bride at the alter, the woman in white appears. In a ghastly voice she says "I do" and grabs the groom, pulling him into the underworld.
[end of spoiler]

But instead we get a happy ending and some jazzy skeletons.

Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »
On the subject of Tim Burton
 I used to have an oafish friend who referred to German Gothic art as 'culture'. He'd go to the video store, slap the counter and say 'I'm after the cultured Batman movie'

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2021, 02:43:56 AM »
Watched an oh so silly John Wayne movie called The Undefeated ... starring Rock Hudson as well ... it even has Merlin Olsen in it, and a few other actors that tended to play supporting western roles back in the day ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWZV5x4WAXs

Its about Unions, and Confederates, after the war is over, going south to Mexico, some to sell horses to Maximillian, and the others to provided themselves as troops.  They even celebrate the Fourth of July together, at the Confederate's invitation no less.  And it's got Banditos, Natives, and French cavalry, too ... yep, all a bit silly. :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2021, 12:42:45 AM »
Tried to sit through Streets of fire again the other day. I gave up for the 8th time