home

Author Topic: Thank you For the Campaign  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
Thank you For the Campaign
« on: September 12, 2005, 06:29:12 PM »
Even though the Campaign hasn't quite ended I would like to take this opportunity to thank 'The Team' for their inspirational leadership and well organized campaign. :happyjoy:

Everyone has done well and the campaign has been run superbly. I'd also like to congratulate everyone who has posted for making it a fun and enjoyable campaign. :)

I know I haven't posted enough (all my friends *claim* to be bogged down in coursework... :evil: ) so I regret that and hope I haven't disappointed anyone. :cry:

So thanks for all the Fun! :-D  :-D  :-D

PS. I appreciate what a hard job counting all the results was so I'll take my hat off to everyone who did that
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:16:49 PM »
I wholheartedly second the motion of thanks.  What really did it for me was the background fluff.  It is all very well written and it set the stage perfectly.  It felt like it was really happening.  Having empire vs empire just has so much more intrigue than anything else.

Cant wait for the next one!
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 08:24:33 PM »
Jeps, sincere thanks for all the work and effort you guys put in the campaign. I've been playing a lot more battles than I usually do, and I loved it. Nice fluff, a good campaign setting, this baby had it all.

Thanks again!
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »
Yeah, this has been absolutely fantastic! I have heard that this was simply a pre-liminary campaign? Kinda like to see if the site could handle campaigns? Well if so, I say yes, but next time we should reach out to at least Montrefort to make a Brettonia/Empire campaign, just to get more people.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 08:50:59 PM »
Somebody tell the fat lady to get further back behind the screens!

Thanks for all the nice words, guys! Seeing the massive participation this campaign generated, especially after the engine debácle and the months of dead time, has really made it worth the effort. We still have some nice surprises waiting for you!

@Helblaster: You're correct, the starting premise was, that we would conduct a small-scale, on-site campaign (we considered bringing in the Brets and Dwarfs as well, but when work collapsed for a few months, we decided to keep the shame to ourselves for now :P), to test if we had the basic requirements to run one. It obviously evolved quite far beyond that, but hell, we'll just blame the scriveners and get on with it. We've learned a lot from this field test, but I think the final conclusion should be clear - we can do it! We won't do it again for quite some time though, as we have a lot of stuff to take care of first (the website is getting a big revision), and frankly, I think I speak for all the team in saying that I'm quite spent. Happy and satisfied, but spent :) We'll have another go some time next year.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 11:03:41 PM »
:blush:

Glad to see this is appreciated, but if you thought this was good, well… Just wait!
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 11:51:32 PM »
Oh, believe me Calvin, we have nothing else to do but wait, and for another campaign, we will wait as long as it takes, and help if you want it.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 05:42:28 AM »
:-D Three cheers for the team :!:  :!:  :-D

Hip Hip!
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Kernschatten

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 05:58:32 AM »
Quote from: General Helstrom
It obviously evolved quite far beyond that, but hell, we'll just blame the scriveners and get on with it.
:shock:

Everyone should keep in mind that it was the good General that tamed this beast and kept us in line.  :-D
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 08:16:59 AM »
The story telling that went along with the campaign was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.

Along with the organizers doing the painfull job of tallying up each round you guys have my thanks for a good thing.

Can't wait to see the "more to come" stuff hinted at.