home

Author Topic: Army Book: Flagellants  (Read 8053 times)

Offline kk14

• Members
Army Book: Flagellants
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
Flagellants:
Same as before, 10 points/model
For every Arch Lector in the army, one unit of Flagellants counts as Core.
This replaces the old, similar rule regarding Warrior Priests and Arch Lectors being the general.
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline kk14

• Members
Re: Army Book: Flagellants
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »
Should I perhaps give them WS 3?
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:36 AM »
I think they're fine the way they are. They're a good enough tar pit to slow down even a small block of Blood Knights for a turn or two, and they work fine with army composition.

-The General
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 04:23:13 AM »
Don't forget you need to fix the Martyr rule, with 'Hatred' to be reroll hits each round, not only the first.

Also, I think they should be T4 again, and I am fine if that means increasing their points to 11.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Empireguard

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 07:41:54 AM »
Also, I think they should be T4 again, and I am fine if that means increasing their points to 11.

Hell yes they need to be t4

Don't forget you need to fix the Martyr rule, with 'Hatred' to be reroll hits each round, not only the first.

They FAQed that If I'm not mistaken so it was fixed still some better wording so no FAQ is needed next time.
Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 08:16:50 AM »
Agreed with both of you 11 pts for fixed, more clear, wording on the martyr rule. and T4  Besides it isn't actually the same hatred rule in play, each time a martyr dies Hatred is Re- inspired against the enemy unit in CQC, therefore a new hatred rule is called into play each time.  This is a peculiar artifact of the Martyr rule and as such does not nor cannot apply to other hatred rules in other armies.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 11:59:30 AM »
I think they should also cause fear...I mean if phenix guard are scary just because they are not afraid those screaming fanatics should put some brown in the pants of Bretonnian man at arms...but that is just me.

T4 12 points with the martyr rule Ws 2 is fine.

Offline kk14

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:42:19 PM »
Phoenix guard are scary because they fight in absolute silence.

11 points, T4, WS 2, it is!

With a rewording of Martyr.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 05:28:34 AM »
Phoenix guard are scary because they fight in absolute silence.

Understandably. Most elves make all kinds of disturbing noises when fighting. :roll: Flagellants shouldn't cause fear because Phoenix Guard do. Phoenix Guard shouldn't cause fear.

11 points, T4, WS 2, it is!

With a rewording of Martyr.

Done.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
oh wait what about the. . . . . nah just kidding looks good to me
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

Offline Rodman49

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
Yeah, its hard to say anything is wrong with Flagellants I would take them with either T3 or T4.

Offline Overlord Fuzz

• Members
  • Sigmund of the Sacred Scythe
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
Agreed. I am quite satisfied with them.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:15 AM »
I may have been misunderstood by the last two posts... I meant that i'm happy with the most recent proposed changes found in this thread.  The current rules for flaggies I think need tweaking to match those changes. 
"DEfighter wrote:

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »
I was thinking about the Flagellant rules and I think a cool way to improve them would be to have a Prophet of Doom give you a +1 to your Martyr roll. He's just not worth taking right now. This would probably make him too cheap though. Maybe re-roll the Martyr roll, as that improves your odds of getting a better result but doesn't guarantee it.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)