home

Author Topic: Witch Hunters  (Read 5631 times)

Rutgar The Red

Witch Hunters
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
Hi guys I know the book isnt out yet and nobody may not know the answer, but I have heard that the Witch Hunter has to be kept alone and cannot join a unit. Now if this is the case then I think it is a major own goal for GW, with just 2 wounds and toughness 4 I dont expect it to be alive for long. How would you go about protecting the witch hunter if this rumour is true?

Offline Count Wolfenstein

• Members
  • Whispers from the warp
Re: Witch Hunters
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »
I doubt this is true. I think he's supposed to give buffs to his unit with the Grim Resolve ability. I'm getting the book in a couple of days so I'll let you know ASAP. I seriously doubt theyd make an Empire hero his own unit though.

Offline Elarti

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:26:42 AM »
Agreed on the not likely aspect, but let's not forget that Characters can take a 'Look Out Sir' roll even when they are not in the unit. I too am eagerly awaiting the book, but my guess is that if that whisper is true, he would also have some kind of Ward save, as well as some other funky stuff.
Playing in Perth Western Australia? Look me up, I'll be at TGA

Offline Claus79

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:08:43 PM »
Witch Hunter:

M  WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  LD
4    4     4   4  4   2 4   2  8

Magic resistance 2

Grim Resolve = Automatically pass any and all fear tests, even if the unit he is apart of fails it.

Accusation: Nóminate target at start of game, Reroll all to hits against target, all hits benefits from Killing blows even ranged attacks, With hunter may snipe at Accused target.

Tools of judgement: Reroll all to wound against: Wizards, undead, Demons.

Thus he is essentially a wizard killer, and he can join units, though he dosnt buff them in any way, in fact that might be wrong.. his Grim resolve seems to make a terror causing units, only fear causing.

Now the special Character Marcus Wolfhart.. thats an interesting charater, presenting some new good options :)

Kind regards

Claus
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:06:41 AM by Claus79 »

Offline TheBelgianGuy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
Thus he is essentially a wizard killer, and he can join units, though he dosnt buff them in any way,
I seem to remember a character with Magic Resistance gives this to the unit he is in. So he would give his unit MR2.

Offline TheElectorCount43

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
Thus he is essentially a wizard killer, and he can join units, though he dosnt buff them in any way,
I seem to remember a character with Magic Resistance gives this to the unit he is in. So he would give his unit MR2.
Yep