home

Author Topic: Brace of pistols ... typo?  (Read 9212 times)

Offline stoiss

• Members
  • Shadows and dust ...
Brace of pistols ... typo?
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »
In the new army book the brace of pistols (p. 31) is listed as:

Range 12", S4, armour piercing, multiple shots (4) and quick to fire.

Pretty much the same as in the rule book (p. 91) with the exception of multiple shots changing from (2) to (4).

Unless this is a typo or I'm reading it wrong, my beloved pistoliers just got a whole lot better.  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Wendersnaven

• Members
  • Kung Fu Dice
Re: Brace of pistols ... typo?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:10:55 AM »
It'll probably be errated.  There are all kinds of errors in the fluff.

That's not to say you can't use the RAW.  I was kinda hoping for the old fusilade rule back at least.  If it is supposed to be this way then it would appear they are festooned with pistols like the old Slayer Pirates.
Dear Friend of Stirland,

Your shoes have been put on backorder. We appreciate your custom.

Hope we are finding you shod,
Stirland

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:27:33 AM »
In the new army book the brace of pistols (p. 31) is listed as:

Range 12", S4, armour piercing, multiple shots (4) and quick to fire.

Pretty much the same as in the rule book (p. 91) with the exception of multiple shots changing from (2) to (4).

Unless this is a typo or I'm reading it wrong, my beloved pistoliers just got a whole lot better.  :icon_rolleyes:

The armoury entry is a brace of pistols including a repeater pistol, which is an option for the champion only. The pistoliers only have a standard brace, which uses the rules from the BRB (multiple shots (2)).
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline loempiaketzer

• Members
  • Ultra six!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »
they still always hit on 6's right?
so a 5 man group, running 16" shoots 10 times, hitting on sixes or am i wrong? i seem to get this wrong 9 out of 10...
Also a naked engineer does wonders for your artillery.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:42:56 AM »
Depends on the range to the target. Due to the Fast Cav rules and Quick to Fire Ability of the pistols they only suffer the Multiple Shots penalty and range penalty. Of course there may be some cover penalties if the target has any.

If range to target is under 6" and they will hit on 5+. If range to target is 6" to 12" they will hit on 6+.

Of course if there is an Outrider in the unit, he will hit on 4+ under 6", and 5+ at 6" to 12"
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline prouddiagram

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
a brace of pistols isnt multiple shots. you just get 2 shots per guy so they hit on 4s. The outrider on the other glove does suffer multiple shots so hits on 4s but gets 4 shots. short range obviously although i didnt know that pistols suffered from long range penalties.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:42:47 AM »
Has that been changed? Because it used to be MS.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:06:12 AM »
It's still Multiple Shots (2)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »
a brace of pistols isnt multiple shots. you just get 2 shots per guy so they hit on 4s. The outrider on the other glove does suffer multiple shots so hits on 4s but gets 4 shots. short range obviously although i didnt know that pistols suffered from long range penalties.

In the 8th edition (BRB) the range of pistols was extended from 8" to 12" but they do now suffer from the long range penalty. As SKS says, a brace of pistols gives you MS (2).
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »
with 7th ed BRB I was also playing pistols with long/short range modifier.. was I wrong then? Not that it matters anymore..

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
Yes, you were. I still would prefer 8" with no modifier.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »
I think I'm mistaken with our older 7th ed book with the range difference that brought the repeater pistol with it that now is equal to normal pistols..

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
Ah yes. In the 7ed Army Book, the repeater pistol's range was specified 8" with no modifier, and as the Army Book trumps the BRB that remained the case in the BRB 8ed - until our new Army Book.
What I really wish is that they would bring back the fusillade rule.