home

Author Topic: Ludwig Von Rusdorf Announces Support!  (Read 6884 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Ludwig Von Rusdorf Announces Support!
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »
- - Press Release - - - Press Release - - - Press Release - - - Press Release - - - Press Release - - - Press Release - -

> > > > > > Von Rusdorf Supporters Announce Backing Of Titus! < < < < < <

On the eve of Mid Winter, the electors and army leaders of Lord Ludwig von Rusdorf have announced their support for Lord Titus Augustus to be the next Emperor of the Empire of Middenland.  Both their votes and the strength of their armies currently are pledged to back Ludwig's nephew for the Wolf Throne.

Other news includes, but is not limited to Lord Von Rusdorf being reinstated as the High Chancellor of Middenland, with reforms to be made as have been done in Carroburg, and establishing economic reforms, including banking reforms.  Titus Augustus will renounce his claim to Carroburg, and he shall not fight for it again, even if he loses the title of Emperor.  The leaders of Von Rusdorf's armies will gain the title of Graf, if they want it.  And if there are fiefs, they shall have them under the conditions reviewed regarding this.  Also, the various fiefs that have pledged their support to Lord Rusdorf during the election campaign are to be named his vassal fiefs, treating him as their lord.

Karl Shultz von Weidmarkt said, "Beyond the banking reforms overseen by the renewal of Lord Rusdorf to the High Chancellor position, there is support that has been promised for agricultural reforms (including but not limited to the repeal of the current potato laws), new privileges for the Sons of Ulric, and new contracts for mercenaries needed in the event that foreign or domestic enemies challenge Middenland.  May Middenland live long and be supreme!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:13:55 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Silas

• Members
Re: Ludwig Von Rusdorf Announces Support!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »
YES!!!

If Hornhousen has voted for himself then we've got a second round!

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
YES!!!

If Hornhousen has voted for himself then we've got a second round!

Round two vote Bork! An ogre you can trust.

"Vote me! Bork eat first. You vote me, then you eat first too."

If the dead can vote (a proud middenland tradition) then why not allow them to run for office?
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
Or we could pick the next emperor on the grounds of who can come up with the most inventive punishment for the Urenbach faction.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »
Or we could pick the next emperor on the grounds of who can come up with the most inventive punishment for the Urenbach faction.

Oh no! Diplomacy that works!

...I hear Tilea is nice this time of year.

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline NewGuy

• Members
  • Unrepentant DoW player
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
Where do you think I'm headed?
I've dumped the plans of using Bretonnians. They suck.

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »

I could support that ;-)

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »

I could support that ;-)

I'll go first! As punishment we will take Carroburg. Which we all know is an embarrassing excuse for Middenheim, is full of Sigmarites, and is home to far too many foreigners. Proof that living there is punishment. Ruling it is just setting aside your pride.

Pretty bad, huh? But, as nothing could possibly be as bad as that, we have won the contest. So we get Middenheim too.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
Well that's certainly on inventive form of punishment...

Though I'm not sure if you can win anymore. Al-Ulric would probably refuse to hand over the crown after what you guys did.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
Well that's certainly on inventive form of punishment...

Though I'm not sure if you can win anymore. Al-Ulric would probably refuse to hand over the crown after what you guys did.

Careful! Stand too close and you will be blinded by my Genius-ness-ess! It's happened before. Infact, it is how I survived the great turnip famine of 1111. Hard times, I tell you. Dark times too. You do not want to see what a man is willing to do when denied his turnips.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
... I survived the great turnip famine of 1111. Hard times, I tell you. Dark times too. You do not want to see what a man is willing to do when denied his turnips.
Our agricultural reforms intend to address such issues, a good reason to vote for Titus Augustus.  However, suspect there could be less influence by Von Urenbach's current generals regarding their ability to influence how he casts his vote when the Ar-Ulric gets done questioning him. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 06:29:53 PM »
... I survived the great turnip famine of 1111. Hard times, I tell you. Dark times too. You do not want to see what a man is willing to do when denied his turnips.
Our agricultural reforms intend to address such issues, a good reason to vote for Titus Augustus.  However, suspect there could be less influence by Von Urenbach's current generals regarding their ability to influence how he casts his vote when the Ar-Ulric gets done questioning him. :icon_wink:

We have a fool proof excuse; Hilde is some manner of brain-addled pants wearing deviant who was having her period. There's no way the Ar Ulric can reasonably hold von Urenbach responsible or the actions of such a person.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »
Well if thats the case, then the army leaders of Von Urenbach could try to influence Von Urenbach in voting for Titus to back the agricultural reforms that Von Rusdorf and Titus intend to move forward with upon Titus' election, and such action would be an excellent way to support prosperity for Middenland's future. :::cheers:::

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »
Hohoho, trying to corner the turnip market, eh? Don't think that I don't see through this plot for world domination. First you get the turnips, then you get the power. And then? The women. You maniacle deviant.

Offline NewGuy

• Members
  • Unrepentant DoW player
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »

We have a fool proof excuse; Hilde is some manner of brain-addled pants wearing deviant who was having her period. There's no way the Ar Ulric can reasonably hold von Urenbach responsible or the actions of such a person.

I'm telling you, the pants are a lie!

#preferscakeanyway
I've dumped the plans of using Bretonnians. They suck.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
Hohoho, trying to corner the turnip market, eh? Don't think that I don't see through this plot for world domination. First you get the turnips, then you get the power. And then? The women. You maniacle deviant.
And this coming from those who tried to burn down Delburz, and picking on the dwarfs of Untergard :icon_wink:

Thankfully the intended agricultural reforms won't promote economic devastation and genocide.  Like agriculture itself, the reforms will be a slow process, and over time they will bring long term benefits to Middenland as a whole, instead of the rapid violence of property destruction and lost lives.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:10:56 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »
Dwarfs are Sigmarite coddlers. Why are you protecting them? Perhaps you have made a deal with Altdorf? First you "ally" with creatures sworn to friendship with Sigmar. Then you try to take our turnips! I think your treachery has just been revealed...

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »
Also the agricultural reform fully intends to put the empire on the potatoe standard. It's a miracle food! Just ask the irish.

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 09:50:05 PM »
Baroness von Klevich: "Banking reforms? Employment for mercenaries? Handing out titles of Graf as if you could just 'decide' if someone is a proper noble irrespective of breeding? I must apologise but I was lead to believe the election was to decide the fate of Middenland, not Marienburg. Just what is your bean counting 'lord' up to exactly?  This sounds like the type of schemes and shenanigans of a mewling Sigmarite Lector, not a proper son of Ulric.

Augustus and von Rusdorf speak of the atrocities commited at Delburz, but what of the atrocities they commit against the Ulrican spirit? Even the name of their candidate says it all; 'Titus Augustus' a foreign Tilean sounding name if ever there was one! Why should a man who cannot even manage to have a simple 'von' grace his name ever be entrusted with Ulric's country?"

[OOC: Really think about it, every contender is a proper imperial 'von Something' except Titus Augustus with his dirty unimperial roman name.]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:52:09 PM by Drasanil »

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
Ironically his dad was Titus as well. It's an Ulrican name somehow. Duccia was the foreigner!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 11:17:59 PM »
Dwarfs are Sigmarite coddlers. Why are you protecting them? Perhaps you have made a deal with Altdorf? First you "ally" with creatures sworn to friendship with Sigmar. Then you try to take our turnips! I think your treachery has just been revealed...
Middenlanders have nothing to fear, but fear itself.  Supposed supporters of Von Urenbach, attempt ot burn down Delburz and massacre dwarfs, and now accuse agricultural reformists of taking people's turnips?  It is no wonder that such folks see conspiracies beyond every move they make.

Middenlanders don't prosper on fear, they prosper on appropriate economic reforms.  And the defense of their empire from both domestic terrorists and foreign interventionists, of which the supoosed supporters of Von Urenbach have already demonstrated one, and arbitrarily accuse the defenders of this Empire of dealing with the other over dwarfs.  Surely as the Sons of Ulric support Lord Ludwig Von Rusdorf, the fear mongering claims of domestic terroists are false.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 11:25:20 PM »
You sound like a weak southern pansy. What is next? Strength in letters? Literacy for peasants? Sigmarite cattle-fondlers I say! We Middenlanders prosper on strength of arm.  No surprise you come from Carroburg and preach love of dwarfs. Or perhaps I should say "little Altdorf!"

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:34 PM »
Baroness von Klevich: "Banking reforms? Employment for mercenaries? Handing out titles of Graf as if you could just 'decide' if someone is a proper noble irrespective of breeding? I must apologise but I was lead to believe the election was to decide the fate of Middenland, not Marienburg. Just what is your bean counting 'lord' up to exactly?  This sounds like the type of schemes and shenanigans of a mewling Sigmarite Lector, not a proper son of Ulric.

Augustus and von Rusdorf speak of the atrocities commited at Delburz, but what of the atrocities they commit against the Ulrican spirit? Even the name of their candidate says it all; 'Titus Augustus' a foreign Tilean sounding name if ever there was one! Why should a man who cannot even manage to have a simple 'von' grace his name ever be entrusted with Ulric's country?"
And now name calling and making fun of someone's name, on top of the terrorist activites against the very heart of Middenland and its people.  Not only is the attempted destruction of Delburz a crime against property, but its a crime against those citizen's tending to their lives and work places as the good citizen's of Middenland do.  There's no place for such anti-Middenland activites as we've seen from the supposed supporters of Von Urenbach.

The supporters of Ludwig von Rusdorf, uncle of nephew Titus Augustus, understand the need to bring Middenland into the future with peace and properity.  They know that economic reforms and the defense of the Empire are of far greater importance than those who might seek to drag Middenland down far less noble paths such as burning buildings and murdering citizens of the Empire of Middenland.  It is with a firm commitment to the future of Middenland that Titus Augustus seeks the Wolf Throne, for constructive progress, not destructive degradation of the society that already exists.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 11:42:55 PM »
You sound like a weak southern pansy. What is next? Strength in letters? Literacy for peasants? Sigmarite cattle-fondlers I say! We Middenlanders prosper on strength of arm.  No surprise you come from Carroburg and preach love of dwarfs. Or perhaps I should say "little Altdorf!"
Ah, more name calling, more fear.  And not only are these supposed supporters of Von Urenbach not interested in the advancement of Middenland, and the defense of its property and citizens, folks are beginning to wonder if they were really even supporters of Von Altenberg.

The time has come for Titus Augustus, a man of courage, fortitude, and maintaining the interests of the citizens living and Lords ruling in Middenland.  Men like Von Kerpen, Von Plauen, Von Tiefen, Von Hornhausen, Von Altenberg, Von Sangerhausen, even Von Orseln the Younger, and yes, even Von Urenbach.  All men interested in seeing to it that Middenland remains strong as it takes its next steps into the future.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 11:53:11 PM »
folks are beginning to wonder if they were really even supporters of Von Altenberg.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if they even supported Von Urenbach. Or were they just out to destroy as much as possible?