home

Author Topic: Rumors and what's new to be expected for The Old World ...  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: Rumors and what's new to be expected for The Old World ...
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2023, 06:34:27 PM »
Pretty big article about the setting of the Old World, and the state of the Empire at the time.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/11/old-world-development-diary-explore-the-war-torn-lands-of-the-world-that-was/

Offline JoV

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2023, 08:21:13 PM »
The artwork is all very similar to the existing plastic sets that are either still in production or have been removed; flagellants, archers/huntsmen, greatswords and, in particular, militia.

If this heralds the return of the militia set I think a few people will be very happy, even if only for mordheim purposes  :biggriin:

Offline KTG17

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2023, 10:49:36 PM »
Ok thank god they look like traditional empire troops and not flashy over the top fantasy stuff like we have been seeing. Maybe they are toning some of that down.

Getting excited.

Hate how they remind us the world still ended. Stfu.

Offline Old Stonebeard

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2023, 05:40:13 AM »
TBH the only thing I'm excited about at all is that this game is set in W-E's Crisis in Marienburg / Treachery & Greed / Empire of Wolves era.

Mayhap it's time for some refights...?
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Online GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy Valentines! : )
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2023, 01:06:26 PM »
Weird that they initially mention Talabacland and Stirland, yet only mention Talabacland towards the end as one of the 4 provinces of the Empire.  However, perhaps I am not understanding the time line.  Time will show more, if I'm not dead by then.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Victor

• ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2023, 12:25:20 AM »
Itís important to remember, though, that even though the setting is returning, these events still happened, and that the Old World was destroyed.

Why? .. Why would it important to remember that? It was a stupid thing to do. I think they would benefit if many of us forget about that.

Considering the first announcement for 'The Old World' was made in 2019, not a lot of information has been released so far ...