home

Author Topic: Ulfenkarn Revealed  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Ulfenkarn Revealed
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2021, 05:32:28 PM »
I believe they said sometime in April. Possibly with preorder the last weekend of March, but I dont think they've given specifics.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2021, 04:21:25 PM »
They revealed another new vampire thats coming for the Cursed City. They also confirmed that the special card that comes with the novel is not the Rat Prince or this one, but instead a rather generic looking death wizard. So expansion at some point confirmed?

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2021, 05:41:01 PM »
Why are they tiptoeing? And what's with the floating hair on all the vampires?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
Anime power pose!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2021, 07:17:45 PM »
I was having second thoughts on buying this set before, mostly due to the undead with the gravestones, and my quantity of other projects already in process.  With the possibility of the skeletons coming out in their own set, a third reason not to buy has been added.  Wouldn't like missing out on some of the character buys (yet with what might be the height towering over my other 28s, maybe not), although apparently some of the characters will be available singly, the rat vamp as an example.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:25:55 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2021, 11:36:09 PM »
If its like the other quest sets, most of the characters will become avaible eventually. Although I think most of the blackstone guys arent sold separately and its been over a year for that.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2021, 04:14:31 PM »
Interesting article up giving a look at how characters in the Cursed City can level up over adventures and get more powerful. Looks like a much more upgraded version of Blackstone Fortress for example.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/how-to-get-even-faster-tougher-or-more-murder-y-in-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »
Why are they tiptoeing? And what's with the floating hair on all the vampires?

I agree with this, they seem to be over-egging it a bit with some elements, it looks constantly windy and one of the other lady vamps previewed earlier on looks to be tippy-toeing on top of a small rock?...

I used to prefer the more elegant vampires if I'm honest but anyhu, all in all this new Soulblight Gravelord *ahem Vampire Counts ahem* stuff is hitting the spot. Similar the GP I'm torn with the idea of getting the whole set, I MIGHT just wait to buy the minis from an eBay scalper but save the hassle of having to shift the other ancillary stuff. Got some pondering and bank balance checking to do methinks.

Also on a totally separate note, does anybody else find it really difficult these days actually keeping up to date with things that are available for their various factions, given that they seem to get tiny releases for all manner of different 'boxed games' and don't appear to be shown anywhere all under one faction?! Just me?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2021, 09:42:04 PM »
No, its hugely confusing I agree. Theyre constantly releasing drips and draps here and there, things are filed under all kinds of different names. Box set stuff is banished to an entirely different part of the website, only for them to change it when they feel like it without telling anyone, and then itll just vanish completely.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2021, 09:57:05 AM »
Aah good, so it's not just me :engel:

I just constantly find that I KNOW something exists, and will fit into XYZ army, but if it was part of a boxed release or one of these mini teams games I have no idea where the hell it's hiding!

Anyway, I digress...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
This guy uses 35 different paints on top of the primer to paint the Ulfenguard vampire lord ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQkJrbqYhE

Got to imagine he can be done simpler than that.  However, GW doesn't just sell miniatures, it sells paints too, including the new contrast paint no less.

(GP ... are you being cynical?)

Nah, not me. :icon_lol:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2021, 05:43:07 PM »
THIRTY-FIVE PAINTS?! ... sweet jaysis in Heaven what the hell.

Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2021, 10:15:38 PM »
According to Warhammer Community, Cursed City goes on pre-order next Saturday...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/28/sunday-preview-enter-the-cursed-city/

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2021, 08:59:58 AM »
Yes! I am very excited to order a copy, but I have a feeling it will take a while to arrive in this corner of Europe.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »
Heard today that Cursed City will be 125 pounds, and in the U.S. probably $210 USD, this was much like the Warcry Catacombs box set.

Pre-orders start this weekend and go for a week.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2021, 04:13:56 PM »
Heard today that Cursed City will be 125 pounds...

Where may I ask did you hear this? Not an interrogation, just intrigue :engel:

I am still weighing up the pros and cons of buying outright and flogging the game elements, or just picking up the minis from an eBay scalper. There's a lot of minis in the box so I'm thinking the long run may be cheaper to buy the full thing and recoup a bit selling the bits I don't want/need...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »
Youtube ... no that such is the end all or be all.

It seemed to say the English price had been confirmed, but not the US price.

I hadn't considered breaking up the box for just the figures, and selling some of the figures ... hmmm.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2021, 04:28:35 PM »
I hadn't considered breaking up the box for just the figures, and selling some of the figures ... hmmm.

Aah this is the debate! In the past I've only ever fancied ones and twos of the minis from these boxed released so have got them off eBay. Cursed City however is the other way around, there's a lot I like as I've got both human and undead armies anyway, would just need to flog the game boards , dice, cards etc. that are of no use to me... and probably that space age dwarf :laugh:

I have a few other bits and bobs I need to list and get shut of anyway.

If what you hear is correct, think £125 might be a green light...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2021, 05:20:22 PM »
Who'd want the game parts with out the minis?

The miniatures are pretty much what I'd buy the box to have.  I would deep six the undead with stones on their backs, and yes maybe the squat too, although perhaps even the dude with the big shovel as well.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2021, 04:10:38 AM »
I dont think I'll play the actual game, although if its like Blackstone then I'm actually expecting it to be pretty good. i just rarely have the time for it! But I suspect itll be cheaper to get the box then go through ebay scalpers. It usually is.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2021, 11:58:16 PM »
So apparently GW ran out of Cursed City copies in 75 minutes this morning.  Many folks tried reserving their copy, but the website got overloaded with folks probably trying to do the same thing.

Evidently that leaves a good number of days in front where the pre-order was suppose to happen, and it is now questionable if it will.

However, the rumor is that a second run will be made available.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2021, 01:45:11 AM »
It seems super unlikely they wont make another run. This wasn't said to be a limited run thing, its a new major box set. Itll likely just take them ages to produce more.

Of course maybe GW will decided they really like this limited thing and roll with it,

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2021, 11:35:30 AM »
I ordered one through my local shop. Here's hoping it works out!

I think this game will be the start of a new Soulblight Gravelords army for me. My first real Age of Sigmar army. The models are so cool, and they fit with the Underworlds undead stuff that I have been getting. Vampire Counts were my first Warhammer army around *ahem 20 years ago, so I think it is fitting that they are my first AoS army too...

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2021, 02:09:23 PM »
What is dead can never die! Including a cool undead ascetic!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2021, 07:32:53 PM »