home

Author Topic: Chaos Dwarf Mining Complex (another one)  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Nicodemus

• Members
  • Let them hate. So long as they fear.
Chaos Dwarf Mining Complex (another one)
« on: October 07, 2022, 07:56:26 PM »
Hello everyone. Iím Nicodemus, a Chaos Dwarf fan, previously of Chaos Dwarfs Online (now on Discourse). In a bygone age here on Warhammer Empire Marcus Leitdorf had started construction of an absolutely epic-looking Chaos Dwarf Mining Complex, which went on for quite some time (check out the thread if youíre un familiar). It attracted a lot of attention from the Chaos Dwarf community at the time.

I understand, through bits and pieces of news and info, that Marcus Leitdorf had issues with work/employment and had 4 or more moves within the span of a couple of years, which really hindered his hobby time. The last update to that thread was back in 2016 and it looks like Teb, the member he was making it for has not been online here in just about as long.

Iím very keen to get in touch with Marcus and Teb. Does anyone have contact information for either of them? You wouldnít have to give it out to me for privacy reasons, but Iíd be happy to pass along my contact info (phone# and e-mail address) to be relayed to them. Hell, if Marcus is still in Arkansas Iíd be willing to drive down to see the creation, take photos and measurements, etc. Iíd even be willing to help get it into Tebís hands as-is if any assistance was needed.. but I digress.

I started my own version of the Chaos Dwarf Mining Complex back in 2015 or soÖ based on photos Marcus uploaded here and some guess-work based on models he had included for scale from the Battle for Skullpass boxed set (which I also owned at the time):

Iím guilty of not finishing mine either, truth be told, but Iím still around various forums and still have a desire to finish this thing, but Iím awaiting further photos and information on the one that was posted here (hence my desire to see it in person and get measurements, etc).

Hereís Marcusí for reference:

Aside from trying to track-down Marcus and Teb, Iím also on the hunt for a bunch of the images Teb had posted to the forum here back in 2008! Hereís a couple of the URLs that Teb used, which no longer has the files available:
http://www.brassmonkeystudio.com/images/Loadingdock_door1.jpg
http://www.brassmonkeystudio.com/images/GGGchaosdwarfrunes.jpg

Brass Monkey Studio is Tebís business, or at least wasÖ I donít see any signs of it being updates in quite some time. Iíve tried messaging him through there to no avail.

**Did anyone from there forum here backup any of those old images, by any chance? I only saved *one* of Tebís images, itís a picture of some Chaos Dwarf hanging banners, but really want to get absolutely everything from that thread archived.  Any help anyone on here could lend would be greatly appreciated, and Iíd be happy to post that content back to the forum here for posterity as well!!

~N
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 08:22:59 PM by Nicodemus »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Chaos Dwarf Mining Complex (another one)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 11:11:01 PM »
Thank you for sharing the information and the pictures.  I like what you're doing with the blue foam Chaos Dwarf Mining complex. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

There are a lot of folks that haven't been here for awhile, and not sure many are going to just show up.  We see an occasional former active site member show up, although not post.  Perhaps you can send them a pm, and they might see it.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Nicodemus

• Members
  • Let them hate. So long as they fear.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 06:48:23 PM »
Through sleuthing I've tracked down Teb and Marcus Leitdorf IRL. No response from them yet, but will definitely share any updates I receive!!

~N

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 01:12:34 AM »
Hope all is going smoothly for them. :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 03:28:02 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what