home

Author Topic: The Province of REIKLAND  (Read 35974 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
The Province of REIKLAND
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:31:34 PM »
Reikland is the westernmost province of the Empire with access to the sea via the great river Reik, and has fertile farmland, vineyards and a dairy industry, as well as mines in the Grey Mountains. The relatively safer Reikwald Forest is a valuable source for timber for the boat-building industry.

Library Link: http://warhammer-empire.com/library/aisforaltdorf/the-grand-principality-of-reikland/

Current Ruler:  Emperoro Karl Franz
Capital: Altdorf
Main Trade: Exports of Wine, Textiles, Precious Metals Iron Ore and Cheese.
Province Colours:   White (Often pale grey or fawn)

Map Link: (Colour)  http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Reikland_v2.jpg
(Black & White)      http://www.fys.ku.dk/~blicher/Reikland_v2_bw.jpg

Notes:
Altdorf is the home of the Reiksgard Knights - the Emperor's personal bodyguard.
The large town of Bogenhafen (with its own colours of purple and cream) is situated in Reikland.
Valten came from the Reikland village of Lachenbad.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:57:39 AM by rufus sparkfire »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
Re: The Province of REIKLAND
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:27:14 AM »
Hi first i want to say good work!

A question came to my mind:
Shouldn't there be standing something about the city Carroburg under The Province of Reikland? 
- I know its located in Middenland, but Carroburg (IMO) have better relations with the Reikland than Middenland.

>Melvin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:07:15 PM by von Bildhofen »

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:29:45 AM »
I would actually like to know more about Melvins questions as well. Specifically would it be to far fetched to have an ulric themed army of Carroburg?
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »
Is carroburg in Middenland or Riekland? (or both)? I've been treating it as if its in in the latter.
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »
Carroburg lies in Middenland but was aided in a Middenland civil war by regiments of Reikland soldiers, including a greatsword regiment that renamed itself (and reset its heraldry) based on the events of battle - hence, the Carroburg Greatswords are Reiklanders, but the town is in Middenland.  That said, I think that's relatively new...Carroburg may, in the past, have been part of the Reikland proper.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »
Im very happy about the fluff from Reikland, which gives all choices from the armybook.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:08:43 PM by von Bildhofen »

Offline Frederik

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
 the knights griffon are based in altdorf too :blush:

Offline Reiklander

• Members
  • Reikland Prevails
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »
Hey folks, my Reikland army has really started to take off now that I've devised a scheme for it. However, I do have one (slightly pedantic) question.

I plan to have Greatswords in my army, more for character than battlefield performance, but had a question about the much-discussed Carroburg Greatswords. Now I assumed the Greatswords were a Count's guard, and thus since no elector lives at Carroburg, they would have no one to guard.

However, my alternative suggestion was this - the Carroburg Greatswords ARE the count of Reikland's guard - they were sent to help Carroburg all that time ago, and gained their reputation and colours defending it. This proud heritage would be continued in their livery, even though they still serve the count of Reikland and serve at his court rather than in Carroburg.

Any ideas? Would it just be cool to have the Carroburg Greatswords in my Reikland force anyway, if only to break up that sea of white with a real splash of colour?

Rob.

Offline Giladis

• Members
  • Asur Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
Carroburg was the capitol of Middenland before it was merged with Middenheim and Midenheim is the capitol. Carroburg Greatswords are just your average Greatswords that Reikland sent to help one of the pretenders for the post of the count of middeland during a seccession crisis. As a result of the battle they got renamed in honour of the town they helped to protect. As far as I know they are just another Reikland greatswords regiment with an odd name and different colours.
The South will raise again!

Join the Solland Liberation Army!

Offline Racticas

• Members
  • The Anti-moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »
For those (potential recruits?) who are interested in looking at a fully-painted Relikland army, here's a link to mine:

http://www.seandeitrick.com/?page_id=15

Quote from: Atchman
He isn't afraid at all to try new things, sometimes with terrible results.  :roll:

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Greetings my Reiklanders.

I've discovered a special sight that is in Reikland. Reading through the last of the Mathias Thulmann books there is mention of a grand and fearsome prison called The Reik's fangs. It is based on Rock formations in the River Reik and is a large dungeon which holds some of the worst  criminals and heretics of the Empire. The only way out there is by a small boat. Once you arrive, you will state your name and your buisness there, while being pointed at with a blunderbuss. The guards will then put a message in a bottle and send it to the officer in his cabinet inside, via ropings. A response will come and they will be allowed inside.
The cells are located down in the earth and you get there by stairs, leaving the prisoners in total darkness.

I cant remember more of it, but i could find it some time.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »
I've been working on a Reikland army for some time now. I was surprised to see I've never posted here.

My Blog :
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=16132.0

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 09:30:05 PM »
Quick question to all the reikland players,

when you paint your troops what are the secondary colours your use for the feathers, shield and what not?

i know warhammerlord_soth uses light blue and anthoer player uses bleach bone white with red.

what do your uses?
I apologies in advances for all the thing I am about to say O_O

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 05:35:50 AM »
Well, you can pick any colour, but to me, the important bit was not starting to look like another province.

So watch out with red (Talabheim), dark blue (Middenheim), black (Ostland) and grey (Wissenland).
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re:
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »
Not to mention green (stir river) and purple (bogenhafen)
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 05:33:11 PM »
true, the men under the banners of the reik certainly need to have white/off white jump suit. but when it comes to the shield and the banners and feather and etc, etc, what do you use?

i am only asking this because i am deeply thinking of repainting my army from that of bleach bone jumpsuits with red shield and feather for.... i don't know... maby dheneb stone jumpsuits from the citadel foundation line with chaos black Shields and feather? :eusa_wall:

Maby I'm just taking this hole thing to seriously and should just have fun playing and paint?

:::cheers:::

Offline Fury

• Members
  • Empire = Progress
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
true, the men under the banners of the reik certainly need to have white/off white jump suit. but when it comes to the shield and the banners and feather and etc, etc, what do you use?

i am only asking this because i am deeply thinking of repainting my army from that of bleach bone jumpsuits with red shield and feather for.... i don't know... maby dheneb stone jumpsuits from the citadel foundation line with chaos black Shields and feather? :eusa_wall:

Maby I'm just taking this hole thing to seriously and should just have fun playing and paint?

Holland,

If you look in the book they mix it up with a white feather with a red tip for inf an blue tip for missle fire. using that as a bases i do all my inf with red tips/stripes but its always red, missle fire bule, cav combo red white (lots of feathers), Pistoleers Red and Blue. just as long as yhou have a scheme thats all that matters.
Empire = Progress.

www.podhammer.net     the comback kid

Offline ZehKaiser

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:20 PM »
I just thought I'd throw in my lot here as well.  I've been playing empire since about 2003 or so.  I started with a Reikland Provincial army and when the 7th book came out I decided to revamp my army and start all new units and changed the scheme to be Bogenhafen.  So now I've got half of my army with each scheme.  I just hope I don't change my mind soon to add another scheme...
Veteran of the Storm of Chaos, Lustria, and Nemesis Crown Campaigns.
Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Offline dalanshin

• Members
  • Three Cheers for Ravenswood!
    • https://www.facebook.com/goblinslair
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 05:07:39 PM »
Greetings from Bogenhafen and Ravenswood,

As the Reikland is our home, I thought it fitting to say
"Hail Karl Franz!!"

This is a great site, glad to be a new member, and I look forward to talking with you all.

My name is Nikolai, I am an avid collector of Warhammer stuff, with too many armies, but one of my main loves is my Empire army.  I am in the process of making scenery based in and around Bogenhafen, the home of 1/2 of my Empire army, and will be posting pics on my web site as well as around here.

Nice to meet you all!

-Nikolai

Offline Elden

• Members
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 05:36:35 AM »
Can I ask something? Can I have an army that has both white and regal blue as the dominant color scheme and still call it Reikland? White has to go with something, and I liked regal blue. The problem is that others may mistake it for middenland instead.

But I prefer it to be Reikland because I like Reiksguard.  :-D

Its just not so colorful painting the entire army different shades of white!  I will post up pictures when I can. But my concern now is that people will think my army is a middenland army and that my knights are knights of the panther instead of Reiksguard.  :-(

But I painted my army already (more than 80 models!) and I like their current color scheme.

What's more, I actually have gotten a Kurt Helborg model and painted him in the same color scheme as my army too (white with regal blue). And Kurt definitely belongs in Reiksguard!  :-)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:13:25 AM by Elden »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
There's nothing wrong with that.  White is the predominant color, but to give it a contrast there needs to be some other color to make it striking.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
Greetings commanders of the Reik

This is a little update of my army.
Previously i've been having my army themed around the Carroburg-fluff, but i have changed it to be strictly Reikland now. Fits me more i think.

After i have laid low for a while i have been rethinking my army, and also seen combat with my army.

Recently i have laid my hands on an old war altar model, and i am also atm converting a captain on foot (with witchhunter theme even my army isnt witchhunter - just a good conversion-project).

My theme is a Reiklander Force lead by a general/captain, but often attached with some sort of religious contigent of either a Sigmar priest or maybe even an Arch Lector and their bodyguards represented by Greatswords. Furthermore my Army also have small contigents from the formidable Reiksguards order.
We all know the coffers of the Emperor is rich, therefore my army often also are accompained with a unit of Ironguts - they take crown of the Emperor and also get feed by cheap ale and horsemeat. They havent done much yet on the field, but i think its a nice touch and the enemy are often distracted by them   :laugh:
Also the Emperor can afford a pegasus mount for the captain - flowen in from a bretonnian breed :D (Bretonnia model mixed with the general set - also a conversion project on the scheme)

Hopefully i soon get things primed and painted

/Von Bildhofen

Offline Holland

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
Does any one wont to lay claim to any part of Reikland as of army fluff development?

I don't wont to step on any ones tows as I develope more town any its surrounding county.

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »
Seeing as this thread isn't the most active one you're free to choose any town you want! Besides, wouldn't it be nice to share your fluff with somebody else? Could make for some interesting "grudge matches".  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Death

• Members
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 03:13:17 AM »
the color map is only half loading FYI  :ph34r:
the self proclaimed forum handyman.

"Morr calls, will you answer?"

W/D/L
 0 0 0

http://s6.invisionfree.com/old_world_online/

a new forum for fantasy players worldwide, check it out!