home

Author Topic: Looking for advice  (Read 398 times)

Offline adam81

• Members
Looking for advice
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:59:42 PM »
Hi guys,

Had my second game with my beloved empire last night, against warriors of chaos.

My list:

General full plate lance, barder war horse (5+ ward)  168
Wizard Lord (life)                                                     200

Warrior Preist heavy armour sheild great weapon        74
Wizard level 2 (metal)                                              100

Swordsman x20 full command                                   170

Handgunner x10 detachment                                      90
Halberdier x10 detachment                                         60

Crossbowmen x10                                                      90
Inner circle x9 full command razor standard                 300

Helblaster                                                                  120
Cannon                                                                      120

TOTAL                                                                       1492

His army:

Wizard (nurgle level 3)
Wizard (tzench level 3) on disc

Exhaulted champion

Warriors x14 khorne (bsb here)
Warriors x14 Nugle

Hellcannon

I basically shoot the bejesus out of him till one unit was fleeing and the nurgle unit was in range of my swordsman and my inner circle knights.  I pretty much couldn't do too much damage in CC and i ended up fleeing but it was draw in the end with us both having about the same poitns left.

My question is am i better off standing and shooting more (i like this idea) or change models around and try and do more damage in combat.

Any suggestions? I do like the idea of an arch lector instead of my general leading the knights but hey hit the warrior unit and did nothing (i think the horses caused more damage than the knights!)

Also i did make a few mistakes not tkaing advantage of the hatred from my warrior priest and not realising some of my life spells stayed in play so i was working out my power dice trying to cast more that i needed too!

Anyway back to it................. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks for looking guys

Offline csjarrat

• Members
Re: Looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
yeah, 20 swordsmen are never going to be able to outfight warriors of chaos.

to win against them in CC you have to have superior numbers and either hex them or buff yourself after plinking a few off with shooting.

i'd say you'd be better off getting rid of the lvl2 and putting those points into the swordsmen to bulk up their numbers. you could also do with getting a few more halberdiers at the same time, as 10 wont last long enough to give the disruption bonus you take them for

edit: arch lector leading the knights is a good idea, the hatred and bound spells can really keep that unit doing damage. otherwise a grandmaster with runefang is a good commander for knights
Compared to the state troops they are a gentle handjob on a friday evening - jaggedjimmyj in ref to knights