home

Author Topic: Empire vs Empire  (Read 634 times)

Offline adam81

• Members
Empire vs Empire
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »
Hi all,

I've got a a game this week against a fellow Empire general, i have two problems:

1st problem: Which lore should i take? I always take a level 4 wizard life wizard but i want to try something else. My opponent usually doesn't take a wizard at all, but he does take a Luminark. I was going to take a level 4 metal wizard because i know my opponent takes quite a few knights so the 2+ to wound and no save would be handy. How effective would 2 level 2's be? 1 metel 1 beasts/shadow? I even thought taking lore of heavens would be a good idea as my opponent is very fond of his 3 cannons, so i though the comet woulf be of good use.

2nd problem: As this is my first game against another empire player, I wanted to know the best way change the odds in my favour? hitting on 4's and wounding on 4's is basically a 50/50 chance for everything??

One last thing the rough army lists we'll be using:

MINE
lvl 4 wizard
captain
Mounted w.priest
9 x knights
20 x swordsmen
10x archers
3 x demi
1 x cannon
1 x helblaster
stank

HIS
Mounted Captain
Engineer
Luminark
10 x knights
6 x knights
20 x halberdiers
10 x handgunners
10 x handgunners
3 x cannon

Cheers for looking and thanks for any advice.

Offline Von Leerkopf

• Members
Re: Empire vs Empire
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
Ok here is My sugestion. Dump the Stank. 3 cannons and it will not live one turn.
Eq youre kniggits with GW. And go for heavens. Why? Cuz it is the best lore for getting the modsefiers to youre advantage. 3 spells that mod CC. Get one of and you have a good advantage 2 or 3 and you will win that combat. Plus comet is killer for grouped war machines.
GL and have fun. And hope it works out if you do lissen to me.  :blush:

Offline adam81

• Members
Re: Empire vs Empire
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
My problem is that my army is all the models I have apart from more knights and another wizard. I do like the idea of the comet on his cannons and the buffs for cc.

I'll let you know how I get on cheers for the advice.