home

Author Topic: Covering a Conflict  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Covering a Conflict
« on: May 30, 2004, 01:55:26 AM »
Ok,

Would this make a good article:

A report on The Toronto Conflict,

I was thinking that people could report on diffrent events and then people planing to go another year, or if someone is just interested in seeing what happened then they can read it (i know i would  :happyjoy: ).

I'm going tomarow to the toronto conflict and I'll take some pictures and stuff. If your interested in it grutch just say so and i can do a write up.

Cheers,
Calvin
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 03:40:16 AM »
tournament bat-reps are always worth a read, especially ones involving an Empire army.

just my two pfennigs worth.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 03:45:03 AM »
it wouldn't be somuch of a battle report, but more of an overview of the whole event, kind of like what GW does only not so candy coated,
The good AND the bad.
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 03:56:52 PM »
I went yesterday.  It was good.  I didn't get a ticket for the tournament  :(   was too late.  

But I made a Tau-dar ship for Bitz Box wars and a great speeder bike winning me my Mad Grox race :-D

I only got in one game.  I played at a table with Nefereta's undead assaulting a dwarven keep.  I was the dwarfs.  The goal was for the Undead to break through the castle wall and then into the dwarf stronghold in 8 turns.  To make a long story short, I only had my cannon and a bolt thrower left at the end of the game (his seige tower made it all the way to the wall, even with three rounds of cannon shots).

But I was the first dwarf player to ever win that senario (atleast according to the guys running it!)
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 09:42:13 PM »
So... should I write it?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 10:07:02 AM »
Quote from: Calvin
So... should I write it?

Of course! Get to it! :biggriin:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 01:36:20 PM »
Were you actually in the Tournament Calvin??

Could you write something about the brothers that had to fight each other in the first round??  :lol:  :lol:
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Covering a Conflict
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 02:17:51 AM »
No, sorry i thought i said, i wasn't in the tourniment, although its in the plans for next year.