home

Author Topic: Talabecland inspirational speech  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Talabecland inspirational speech
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 01:27:08 PM »
I'm gone for like one day, and there have been so much posts in the meantime, I'm not sure which one to trash first :wink: ...
About the GT using dark magic: I don't agree that having a horde of Vampires running around, killing, slaughtering and feeding on every single mortal is better that to use ONE spell that is "dark"... It is not the means which is important, but the goal.
The "crusade" started by Stirland is a result of Talabeclanders trying to invade Ostermark after Stirland tried to take control of Ostermark by using a little girl. HOWEVER, using an underhand trick to rule a province is better than invading it without any right to do so (see the Middenland inspirational speech for further arguments...).
Sigmarites aren't in league with the forces of Chaos. The Chaos Gods don't deceive a nation into fighting for an evil god. As long as that nation doesn't knowingly serve the Chaos Gods, the bloodshed caused by them will not feed the Gods. "Chaos Gods grow powerful and bloated by admiration and worship", as stated in the Hordes of Chaos army book, NOT by the bloodshed in itself. Causing bloodshed in the name of Chaos Gods is a way of worshipping them, but fighting a war in itself isn't, unless that war is fought in the name of the Chaos Gods, and the Sigmarites follow no Chaos God. They follow Sigmar, the bane of Chaos.
And even if Sigmar is not a God, then Sigmarites are the only ones who cannot be deceived, for they follow the memory of one man who halted Chaos every time it tried to wash over the earth. All Gods (including Ulric, Taal, Khaine, Sotek and many more) are created by the desires, dreams, fears and wishes of mortal men. These feelings are warped and given life by raw Chaos energy. Sigmar has not spawned from such feelings and thus, Chaos, but was deitified by men. Worshipping him or his memory is the only way of worshipping a God which was NOT created through Chaos.
Talabecland says killing such people is okay. Talabecland says halting the Vampires with any means necessary was wrong. I say Talabecland is the only deceived land.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 02:33:10 PM »
Quote from: Demonslayer

About the GT using dark magic: I don't agree that having a horde of Vampires running around, killing, slaughtering and feeding on every single mortal is better that to use ONE spell that is "dark"... It is not the means which is important, but the goal.

Ahhh! Jesuit are we?(act passed by the pope: the end justifies the means. No, I am not catholic)

The "crusade" started by Stirland is a result of Talabeclanders trying to invade Ostermark after Stirland tried to take control of Ostermark by using a little girl. HOWEVER, using an underhand trick to rule a province is better than invading it without any right to do so (see the Middenland inspirational speech for further arguments...).
Sigmarites aren't in league with the forces of Chaos. The Chaos Gods don't deceive a nation into fighting for an evil god. As long as that nation doesn't knowingly serve the Chaos Gods, the bloodshed caused by them will not feed the Gods. "Chaos Gods grow powerful and bloated by admiration and worship", as stated in the Hordes of Chaos army book, NOT by the bloodshed in itself. Causing bloodshed in the name of Chaos Gods is a way of worshipping them, but fighting a war in itself isn't, unless that war is fought in the name of the Chaos Gods, and the Sigmarites follow no Chaos God. They follow Sigmar, the bane of Chaos.
And even if Sigmar is not a God, then Sigmarites are the only ones who cannot be deceived, for they follow the memory of one man who halted Chaos every time it tried to wash over the earth. All Gods (including Ulric, Taal, Khaine, Sotek and many more) are created by the desires, dreams, fears and wishes of mortal men. These feelings are warped and given life by raw Chaos energy. Sigmar has not spawned from such feelings and thus, Chaos, but was deitified by men. Worshipping him or his memory is the only way of worshipping a God which was NOT created through Chaos.
Talabecland says killing such people is okay. Talabecland says halting the Vampires with any means necessary was wrong. I say Talabecland is the only deceived land.

Yes, but weakening the Empire will make a succesful war against the Empire, by Chaos, that much easier! Thus the Sigmarites are are the ones opening up the way for Chaos, wether they realize it or not! So it is ideal for the Chaos Gods to falsley deify someone to aid their servants! And as you said: the gods Taal, Ulric and so forth, are formed from Chaos, but as you said, they are WARPED from Chaos! No longer are they the stuff of Chaos, but its bane.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 03:23:29 PM »
No one Talabeclander or Stirlander has room to talk about Chaos! The only people whom clash with the dark gods more than the rightous Middenlanders are the valient Kislevites!

This war, while it may weaken the Empire, is to UNITE the Empire. It could be in the name of Ulric (as my opinion holds- by Middenland standards mind you) or in the name of Sigmar- yes his godship is recognized by the Church of Ulric. To qoute the "Three Musketeers", "All for one, and one for all!", or "United we stand, divided we fall", they ryhme.

MARCH ON O' BOYS IN BLUE!!!
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 06:46:38 PM »
I need to find a computer more often, things have exploded and it hasn't been a week since I've left school...
Anyhoo, the problem with all this is the lengths everyone is trying to elevate themselves (understandably so, however).  Talebecland supported Ostermark because it helped out their markets and allowed their influence to spread.  Middenland as the moderates seem like a good choice because they're willing to 'work' with the Sigmarites.  The Sigmarites themselves hide behind unification of the Empire (although if the Grand Theoginist is sacrificing himself for the betterment of others, isn't that something to be comended?)

It's all religious strife which makes little to no sense considering Ulric AND Sigmar are warrior gods.  The fact that Sigmar was mortal can mean that he was a god that took human form to unite the Empire at a pivotal moment.  As always, the factions are masking their true intentions of power grabbing under ideas of religion and right and wrong.  No one is right, no one is wrong.  It's all one big jumbly mess of confusion, which as an outsider makes it all the more difficult to choose sides (me trying to choose sides based on my own personal feelings and character in the campaign, Wolfgard).
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 07:29:57 PM »
Quote from: wissenlander

It's all one big jumbly mess of confusion, which as an outsider makes it all the more difficult to choose sides (me trying to choose sides based on my own personal feelings and character in the campaign, Wolfgard).

Bah, make a decision man! Sigmar casts His Holy Spit upon the indecisive.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 10:30:17 PM »
OOOOOH!! I know, I will take over my brother's account, and fight for Stirland AND Talabecland!!

Just kidding, but seriously, how many Talabeclanders are there out there? Come on, speak up! No one will try to kill you(at least untill the campiagn starts) and we need all the help we can get! As the magnificient and illustrious benjamin Franklin once said: "We must all hang together, or we shall surely hang seperately!"
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 11:30:01 PM »
I'll be fighting for Talabecland. It's just that I'm no good at this trash-talk, so I've kept quiet...  :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2005, 01:17:13 AM »
Quote from: cisse
I'll be fighting for Talabecland. It's just that I'm no good at this trash-talk, so I've kept quiet...  :wink:

Hooray for cisse! We could use any help we can get in this debate against the evil Ulricans la False and the Sigmarite Heretics!!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2005, 10:01:34 AM »
Perhaps, hellblaster, next time say you someone is making it easier for chaos to conquer the Old World because they are fighting a civil war, you should take the time to notice who started the war in the first place. I said it once, I said it twice, and I will keep saying it: Stirland tried to take over the rule of Ostermark with political means. Not by starting a war.
In return, Talabecland INVADED Ostermark with it's ARMY, starting a CIVIL WAR which will weaken the Empire.
So if anybody is being used as puppets by the Changer of Ways, it is Talabecland. THEY invade Ostermark. It is their warped version of Ulric that leads them to war. Stirland did not take up hostilities against anyone, and Middenland took up hostilities against invading armies. Talabecland is the only one who ever started this bloody war. So if anyone is influenced by the Dark Gods, then it's the misguided Talabeclanders.
Face it, Talabecland. You have no political nor religious justification for entering this war. Back off so the Empire can be restored, or prepare to receive the righteous wrath of Sigmar's and the true Ulric's followers!
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2005, 02:19:24 PM »
Thank you Demonslayer, I appreciate the inclusion of Middenland in that rousing post.
In all honesty, Middenland might have invaded Ostermark even if Talabecland had stayed out of the race. The power vaccum that would have been created by the sole ownership of Ostermark by Stirland could have forced Severin's hand.

It would appear that the respective political leaders of Talabecland and Stirland would have to be Helblaster_of_Sigmar (why's it say _Sigmar and not _Ulric?) and Demonslayer... no one else seems to be fighting as vhemenently as you two (with the exception of myself  :-D ).

I've said in previous threads that Talabecland probably has more of a claim to Ostermark then Middenland and Stirland combined, but neither faction could allow this to happen. Again, it's all about the politics and religous aspects, but in this case it's also a humanitarian aspect (or at least as human the Ottila can be  :twisted: ).
[Elsewhere]

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2005, 02:34:56 PM »
Quote from: jmanwarhammer
It would appear that the respective political leaders of Talabecland and Stirland would have to be Helblaster_of_Sigmar (why's it say _Sigmar and not _Ulric?) and Demonslayer... no one else seems to be fighting as vhemenently as you two (with the exception of myself  :-D ).

Woohoo!! I'm a political leader at the age of 15!!!!

But I never said it was the Changer of Ways, it is probably more like Khorne,
or knowing Stirland; Slaanesh.

About Talabecland starting the war, who was their to start a war against if Talabecland simply marhced in to Ostermark? Talabecland was simply moving into stabilize the government; Stirland is the one who invaded Ostermark. Middenland definitevly(sp) has no right to be in Ostermark, just like Stirland!

Over,

HoS
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2005, 10:26:27 AM »
For those of you that clearly did not read the newsletters: in chronological order: Stirland finds heir for Ostermark throne--> Talabecland doesn't like that and invades --> Middenland counterattacks. Now tell me who started the damn war?
Deceiving people is Tzeentch's style, not that of Khorne, Slaanesh or Nurgle. Tzeentch is the puppet master, lord of fate, the deceiver. If anybody deceives people, it's him.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2005, 10:28:53 AM »
And as a side note, jmanwarhammer should probably be the political leader of Middenland  :wink: ... You've got my vote. Hooray for President jmanwarhammer  :clap: !

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2005, 04:54:56 PM »
And as a side note, jmanwarhammer should probably be the political leader of Middenland  :wink: ... You've got my vote. Hooray for President jmanwarhammer  :clap: !

Don't you mean evil heretical dictator? :-D  Just kidding!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2005, 08:19:49 PM »
I feel so... loved  :cry: , where's my thankyou specch? I greatly appreciate the vote Demonslayer. Clever one though Helblaster_of_Sigmar we'll see who's the heretical dictator at the end of the campiagn.
"The losers of war seldom get to write it's history."  :-D

BTW: I wouldn't say political leader as much as I'd say political loser.  :twisted:
[Elsewhere]

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2005, 02:22:01 AM »
I feel so... loved  :cry: , where's my thankyou specch? I greatly appreciate the vote Demonslayer. Clever one though Helblaster_of_Sigmar we'll see who's the heretical dictator at the end of the campiagn.
"The losers of war seldom get to write it's history."  :-D

BTW: I wouldn't say political leader as much as I'd say political loser.  :twisted:

You mean me?!?! Hey, I wrote some stuff about real world politics that could make some people really mad and nasty, so Calvin made it red and edited it out.

@jmanwarhammer: Yes, as you are the Middenlanders, and hence very shrewed, it will definetivly not have escaped your attention that Talabecland has written much of the history, as well as most of the other nations, err, I mean provinces. Coincidence? I think not!!(like that part in The Incredibles where that teacher is trying to pin Dash for pinning him)

I'll give you a thank you speech: (if you mean from your peoples point of view)

Peasent #1: I'll give you a thank you! You're invading somewhere we don't give a male cow's platter-like excrement about, when you could be refineing our living conditions! I mean come on! I live on shit in a shingle!(WWII reference)

Peasent #2: My family is starving already, now you want to send my to get killed! Where's the pension program?? Ulric is great, but him fighting sending us to fight with no pension is just plain mean!! I didn't vote for you!!

You: You don't   vote for me. I'm devinely appointed! Now go away you old man!

Peasent #2: 'Elp, 'elp!! 'Es suprezion me!! See? 'Es suprezion me!!

Wife of peasent #2: Oh shut up, les get out of here!

*crowd breaks up grumbling*
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2005, 03:24:17 AM »
Watch it people, don’t let this leave the setting of the game or I’ll need to get my mace all dirty.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 07:00:24 PM »
Perhaps it's because of the piece that got edited out, but I personally don't have a clue what the heck you're talking about... Or it's because I haven't seen the Incredibles. Or it's because you're not really making a point...
Oh well. If peasants want to whine about having to fight, that's their problem. I'd rather make my subjects unhappy by sending them to fight off an enemy than have them being tortured to death or burned at the stake, which is what will happen if the above-mentioned enemy (namely Talabecland) is not stopped.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005, 09:04:21 PM »
It never made a ton of sense.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2005, 09:37:25 PM »
The thankyou speech wouldn't work, anyone who claims they worship Ulric and said that would be beaten very severly with the spoils of war gained from victory over Talabecland (which would be the afore mentioned cow beacuse thats all they have).
A portion of the script for an inspirational play in support of Middenland...

Ottilain 1:
"E-Excuse me, miss O-Ottila, sir. The n-news from the front l-line has just a-arrived..."

Ottilia: looks up from playing with toy Talabecland figures- which are deformed and crushed of course
"What's the word?"

Ottilian 2: comes in dressed as a messenger
"Well our forces were utterly crushed by the Middenlanders and fougt to a sta-"

Ottilia: drools and looks angry
"No! No! No! No! No! NO! What's the word!?"

Ottilian 2: looks midly suprised
"M'lady, what-"

Ottilia: glares balefully at the messenger
"WRONG! The word was 'soggy... rock'! I am surrounded by icnompetent lunitucs! "

Ottilian 1: sighs
"C-Come now m'lady, your h-having one of your f-fits ag-"

Ottilia: yells
"He didn't know 'soggy rock' he's a secret plunger! Throw him in the pit of venomous pine-apples!"

*The poor messenger was promptly led away and thrown into a pit of blue berry muffins while the senile crone cackled madly...*
[Elsewhere]

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2005, 09:45:43 PM »
It's

Otillia

For ****'s sake.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2005, 02:42:26 AM »
Perhaps it's because of the piece that got edited out, but I personally don't have a clue what the heck you're talking about... Or it's because I haven't seen the Incredibles. Or it's because you're not really making a point...
Oh well. If peasants want to whine about having to fight, that's their problem. I'd rather make my subjects unhappy by sending them to fight off an enemy than have them being tortured to death or burned at the stake, which is what will happen if the above-mentioned enemy (namely Talabecland) is not stopped.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

No, not really making much of a point...very tired, wrote eight pages today. 15 the last several days.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2005, 02:45:39 AM »
The thankyou speech wouldn't work, anyone who claims they worship Ulric and said that would be beaten very severly with the spoils of war gained from victory over Talabecland (which would be the afore mentioned cow beacuse thats all they have).
A portion of the script for an inspirational play in support of Middenland...

Ottilain 1:
"E-Excuse me, miss O-Ottila, sir. The n-news from the front l-line has just a-arrived..."

Ottilia: looks up from playing with toy Talabecland figures- which are deformed and crushed of course
"What's the word?"

Ottilian 2: comes in dressed as a messenger
"Well our forces were utterly crushed by the Middenlanders and fougt to a sta-"

Ottilia: drools and looks angry
"No! No! No! No! No! NO! What's the word!?"

Ottilian 2: looks midly suprised
"M'lady, what-"

Ottilia: glares balefully at the messenger
"WRONG! The word was 'soggy... rock'! I am surrounded by icnompetent lunitucs! "

Ottilian 1: sighs
"C-Come now m'lady, your h-having one of your f-fits ag-"

Ottilia: yells
"He didn't know 'soggy rock' he's a secret plunger! Throw him in the pit of venomous pine-apples!"

*The poor messenger was promptly led away and thrown into a pit of blue berry muffins while the senile crone cackled madly...*

LOL!!!!! I never really like T-Land but I am doing the best I can.
*com'on precious, lets get out of here, yesss the poor precioussss. Nobody likes ussss, we will feed 'em to Her! Yes! er, of cooouursssse! let's feed 'em to Her....*
Gave into the WoW.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2005, 03:22:16 PM »
Spread the love Smeagol!
[Elsewhere]

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
Spread the love Smeagol!

"Her" Being Ottila
Gave into the WoW.