home

Author Topic: The Special Character Updating Time.  (Read 7649 times)

Offline Blauer Nebel

• Members
  • Cool Hwip
Re: The Special Character Updating Time.
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
I think he's referring to characters only, because otherwise Steam Tanks are a no-go outside of 3000+ point games. In that regard, I think it'd be cool. Problem is Emperor Karl Franz costs a ton but isn't really worth it. Tone down the points and maybe the 10% (or maybe even 15%) idea would work, leaving the Emperawr to be fielded in 2500 point games or more only - y'know, where he should be anyway.

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
I'd say a weakness of that is that Vampires and suchlike are a significant portion of an Undead army because the main troops aren't really much to write home about.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Blauer Nebel

• Members
  • Cool Hwip
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »
That's an army book flaw, from what I've gathered. When you're fielding a bunch of vampires that eat your entire army with minute tactical effort, it's akin to fielding five Titans in 40K and saying "Well, you outnumber me like 20 to 1." Titans are still gonna' win. Of course, I've only read about the VC in battle reports and such from this forum, not actual experience. I've yet had the (dis)pleasure of facing them myself.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »
200 points If I recall correctly they're 200 aren't they or is it a whole 210 if so make it 12 % but yeah basically yes.  Although it is more targeted towards the 600+ point general on a monster with uber superweapons of mass destructo-power. 
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.