home

Author Topic: 0-1 Soldaten Eliten  (Read 5850 times)

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
0-1 Soldaten Eliten
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »
We all want to have access to weaponry and armory as well as other options, in order to create freely our own unique unit or army!
So, I thought of a unit that will allow us that, without disturbing the balance of the game
  :happy:

The armies of the Empire are led by warriors who have been trained to direct their forces as effortessly as a swordsman wields a blade.
In times, these commanders are training their own special units, to protect more effectiveness the borders of the Empire. Dependable of the need and the time and effort that the marshal dedicates on the unit, results quickly pay off and sometimes beyond his expectations!
One thing is for sure- these hardly trained men, will not flee so easily!

0-1 Soldaten Eliten
Points/model: 6
Unit Size: 5+ up to 30 models max
Statistics:
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8
Command:
May upgrade a model to a Krieger (+1 attack), Musician and/or Standard Bearer for +10 points each. May upgrade the Krieger to a Religious Fanatic Krieger (+20 additional pts) or to a Trainer Krieger (+20 additional pts). The Religious Fanatic Krieger has the Prayers of Sigmar special rule and the Trainer Krieger has BS4 (the maximum he can get) and he (and ONLY HE) can also have access to the Pigeon Bombs.
Unit Upgrades:
-May upgrade to 0-1 Helden Eliten +1WS or 0-1 Veteranen Eliten +1BS at a cost of +1 point per model
-May upgrade any 0-1 Eliten unit to 0-1 Experten unit +1I at a cost of +1 point per model
-May give the Militia special rule for 30 pts, or the State Troops special rule for 50 pts or the Skirmishers special rule for 40 pts. If they upgraded to State Troops or Skirmishers, their standard bearer may carry a magic standard worth up to 50 points.
-The unit may be Immune to Fear for +1 pt/per model

ARMY ORGANISATION:
If the army includes one or more Captains (Captains or Generals), you may include this unit as a Core Unit choice instead of Special. This unit will still not count towards the minimum Core Unit choices required for the game.

SPECIAL RULES:
'Mixed formation' The first rank of a Soldaten, Helden or Veteranen unit may use different weapons than the following ranks. During the game remove casualties from the back as normal. It is assumed that the following models discard their weapons to pick up the weapons of the fallen first rankers.
'Steady in the Ranks' Elitens and Expertens may stand & shoot as a charge reaction even if the enemy are within half their normal charge distance. In addition, if the enemy are outside of their half of their normal charge distance, the Elitens and Expertens do not suffer the normal -1 penalty on their to Hit rolls.
'Valour & Duty' The unit is Immune to Panic

EQUIPMENT: Hand weapon, spear.
May have light armour (+1 pt) or heavy armour (+2 pts).
All the models of the unit or the first rankers only, may have great weapon (+2 pts), Halberd (+1 pt), Crossbow (+4 pts), Handgun (+4 pts), Bow (+4 pts). Any Krieger may choose a Repeater Handgun (+10 pts) or a Hochland long rifle (+20 pts) instead of a Handgun but if he's killed, the model that will replace him will use the Repeater Handgun or the Long Riffle as a normal Handgun. May also choose a Pistol and a Repeater Pistol for (+10 pts) but if he dies none can carries them- they will be discarded with him.
All the models of the unit or the second rankers and the following ones or the third rankers and the following ones may choose Pikes for +5 pts per model
All the models of the unit or the first rankers only, may have shields for +1 pt/per model or pavices for +2 pts/per model

Please read them quickly and judge this unit based on its functionality compare to the present Armybook (score it 0-10 maybe? -can't wait to hear your opinions too!)  :?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:23:02 AM by iatroblast »

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
Re: 0-1 Soldaten Eliten
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:06:06 PM »
Very nice, not unbalanced at all. THere are two problems though: the rules are too complicated and for them to be really good, they'll cost waay too much for an Empire army. Giving them LA as default would solve most of this IMO.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:58:22 AM »
at first gloos looks good let me work out a few prices of troop blocks in a couple of different ways and I'll give some more constructive crit.  This is a bit the direction I was already going with my commentary in the engineer 8'0 thread and various core and special threads..

BRB.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »
Thank you very much for reading this!  :laugh:

Rules seem really complicated, but that's because there is too much freedom for creating your personal-style unit (of course there are restrictions: you can't give great weapons to the second rankers only.. there's no obvious reason for this. Actually I came up with the 'rules' very quickly, so I didn't think of the possibility that someone would like to have shields on the front rank and great weapons to the rear! But I guess that detatchments would work better.. anyway, I hope you'll work it out)
And since I mentioned 'rules' here's the original units, rules and equipment
PIRAZZO'S LOST LEGION - MIXED FORMATION
BRAGANZA'S BESIEGERS - PAVICE
http://www.freewebs.com/tups_av/Dogs%20Of%20War.pdf
KOSSARS - STEADY IN THE RANKS
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9391336/Warhammer-Fantasy-Battles-Warhammer-Armies-Kislev
EMPIRE BANNERS - BANNER OF VALOUR (VALOUR & DUTY)
FLAGELLANTS - FLAGELLANTS ARMY ORGANISATION
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9391879/Warhammer-Fantasy-Battles-Warhammer-Armies-The-Empire-7th
...BRB.
I can wait  :lol:
In the in the meantime I'd like to check that commentary in the engineer thread :::cheers:::
Giving them LA as default would solve most of this...
uhmm.. almost forgot.. what LA is?  :icon_redface:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:19:17 AM by iatroblast »

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:46:25 AM »
LA=light armour.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline peraturabo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
german names are stylish for the empire
i´m glad to live in austria^^

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 06:29:45 PM »
I think that this unit doesn't have enough focus on what exactly it is. I know thats what you were going for, but I don't think it would work. Especially when the unit would be competing with cannons, outriders, greatswords and pistoliers, which are all much more effective units than a frankly average unit that has access to a larger variety of equipment than state troops.

I think its a good idea, but you've taken the 'uniqueness' too far I think.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 02:05:42 AM »
Ok played with them a bit rolled some dice at them and did some basic math hammer at them (really basic, I ain't reading you stats) I like the unit champ upgrades but I think I would keep the Rank and file as all of a type it gets fuzzy otherwise.  I don't disagree with double armed troops crossbow and pike for one example but I think the whole of a unit should pay the points cost.  The other way around this could be a seperate detatchment unit of differently armed troops working directly in front of the parent unit. 

Also I would do away with the 0-1 restriction simply making them a special choice and would also remove anything other than a minimum unit size being 10 for a parent unit or 5 for a detatchment.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

Offline Geekmeister

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
I would say having mixed formations is more of a Tilean thing- Empire use detachments

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 07:37:30 AM »
Isn't one of the side effects of a detachment that it can flee through a parent unit without disordering it as well?

"DEfighter wrote:

Offline Omalley69

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
Why not just make rules for the reiksguard and make it a 0-1 choice?