home

Author Topic: The 9th age books available on Amazon  (Read 2203 times)

Offline MrPieChee

• Members
The 9th age books available on Amazon
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:18:33 PM »
For those interested you can get the rules, arcane compendium and all of the army books on Amazon.

It's worth noting that while the rulebook is frozen and won't be changed for a year or many, the arcane compendium and army books could change regularly. As it stands how much and how often is still being decided.

You'll also note that the army books are grouped. This was to save money since Amazon's print on demand service has a fixed price for a low number of pages.

You can find all the details about having them made here.

Offline MrPieChee

• Members
Re: The 9th age books available on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:48:24 AM »
Also, if you're looking for an easy to use army list builder:

https://www.newrecruit.eu/

It's a persistent web app, so stays in the cache of the device you use it on. It's really small, and you can create an account to sync between devices. It's got a few little mistakes with points - the guy developing it was updating it several times a week, but has been a bit quiet recently.

Offline MrPieChee

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:27 PM »
Also looks like army books aren't changing anytime soon, so they are fairly safe to order. However their are a few exceptions: Daemon legions and Warriors of the dark gods are undergoing changes for their full army books, so may change soon. I believe Dread Elves are one of the next, and there's one other (the plans were, not sure if they still are, to update books in batches of 4, but I think it's artwork that ultimately decides).

Read more about the errata here.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »
I now have the Rulebook and the Arcane Compendium - very impressed.

I purposely stood back from the 9th Age and waited to see what came of the initial enthusiasm - well it seems a lot.

The book is really well crafted - good use of coloured text and diagrams, and you can see actual players who have experienced actual tabletop gameplay with WHFB have had major input and use expression us players will understand.

Just waiting for my 'Human' army book and will look to build an army.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 12:21:54 AM »
Although I haven't obtained the rules and compendium, it does look like a class effort has been put into them, congrats! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:02:42 AM »
Also looks like army books aren't changing anytime soon, so they are fairly safe to order. However their are a few exceptions: Daemon legions and Warriors of the dark gods are undergoing changes for their full army books, so may change soon. I believe Dread Elves are one of the next, and there's one other (the plans were, not sure if they still are, to update books in batches of 4, but I think it's artwork that ultimately decides).
WDG and DL in beta phase indeed.
Next to be started this month is Infernal Dwarves. It could take somewhere between 6 and 12 months to complete.
After some ~3 months, Dread Elves will be started. At this time, the following one will be revealed.