home

Author Topic: The Border Princes: a Warhammer Fantasy (8e) map campaign system  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Haemagoblin

• Members
The Border Princes: a Warhammer Fantasy (8e) map campaign system
« on: December 17, 2019, 06:43:51 PM »
Disclaimer: I think this is the most appropriate part of the forum to post this. Profound apologies if not!

Hi folks,

I just made a map campaign system for the Border Princes for my group of players, complete with downloadable rules and resources. I'm posting it here in case anyone could benefit from having a pre-made campaign system for free. There's rules for different territories, unit veterancy, and so on.

https://beardbunker.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-border-princes-warhammer-fantasy.html

Here's the roleplay version of the map I made:

And here's what the map looks like in campaign mode:

There's rules for most of the WFB factions in there (I didn't get around to Lizardmen as I couldn't think what they'd be doing in the Border Princes! The Empire, however, is very much in this ruleset even though none of my players are using their Empire armies in our playthrough). Hopefully this is of some use; a few folks outside our gaming group have said they might try it, and I'd love to hear how people get on.

I'd also love to use my main army (Empire!  :biggriin:) in this thing, but since I literally wrote the rules I decided it would be more sporting of me to use my goblins for now. They have fared predictably badly  :-D

If anyone is interested in these rules, or has questions, I'm very happy to answer them here!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: The Border Princes: a Warhammer Fantasy (8e) map campaign system
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 08:53:29 AM »
I love this approach to gaming and the Old World!

Stunning maps, nice resource system.

Just browsed through the file, and what really strikes me is the attention to the setting, including the approaches each faction has to different terrain. While the campaign system seems to be relatively light and open-ended (lots of suggested and voluntary rules), there's a lot of meaning in every detail and action. Good game design. Bet your gaming friens are thrilled to play in this campaign!  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Haemagoblin

• Members
Re: The Border Princes: a Warhammer Fantasy (8e) map campaign system
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 10:40:31 AM »
Thanks Zygmund, kind words. It was a challenge to try and keep things fairly simple while still having some depth and flavour; I'm sure the balance I went for won't satisfy everyone, but it's nice to know it works for you at least  :smile2:

Cheers!