home

Author Topic: My Genestealer Cult: thoughts, inspirations, and questions  (Read 334 times)

Offline Syphon

So I've started work on a Genestealer Cult that's a little of everything. It's a shipping consortium but the consortium head's daughter is a celebrity on their homeworld. As a result, I'm going to combine both high society and the dregs of society. I already made some shipping containers with foamboard and wooden coffee stirrers and have purchased the following:

• 10 Acolytes
  • Female Magus
  • Jackals

Here is a series of tables that I didn't consult but did use for inspiration:

There's a few questions I have, though:

Is anyone aware of any models that are non-dreg cultists? I'm thinking of nobles or something, not factory workers.

Is anyone aware of models of alien species that are genestealer'd? Could be conversions or whole models, doesn't matter.

Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: My Genestealer Cult: thoughts, inspirations, and questions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 04:00:40 PM »
That sounds really cool, I like the background of it.

For non dreg models, I've seen a lot of reaper nobles or adventures made into corrupted nobles for genestealer cults. I've also seen some of the necromunda escher turned into some fancy ladies.

For alien species, there was a guy at one point making a Tau based genestealer cult that included infected kroot and vespid. I'll see if I can find it again but its been awhile so no promises.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Spring is still here! : )
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 08:58:35 PM »
I'm not very familiar with Blackstone Fortress, although perhaps there are some figures with that or maybe some of the follow up figures?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Syphon

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 12:30:25 PM »
That sounds really cool, I like the background of it.

For non dreg models, I've seen a lot of reaper nobles or adventures made into corrupted nobles for genestealer cults. I've also seen some of the necromunda escher turned into some fancy ladies.

For alien species, there was a guy at one point making a Tau based genestealer cult that included infected kroot and vespid. I'll see if I can find it again but its been awhile so no promises.

Thanks, young Gank.

I've done a bit of searching and came up with a few models that are usually too obviously fantasy. The below one, though..

Perhaps this would be good. I could cut off the sword and put a 'stealer claw on instead.

The Escher girls are too wild for my tastes. I could make a case for them being wild noble dilettantes but I don't really like them that much.

@Gamespoet: Damn you for giving me more ideas for other armies. I love those rogue IG and their commissar.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Spring is still here! : )
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 04:29:28 PM »

I've done a bit of searching and came up with a few models that are usually too obviously fantasy. The below one, though..

Perhaps this would be good. I could cut off the sword and put a 'stealer claw on instead.

The Escher girls are too wild for my tastes. I could make a case for them being wild noble dilettantes but I don't really like them that much.

@Gamespoet: Damn you for giving me more ideas for other armies. I love those rogue IG and their commissar.
It's an addiction. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

I like that Reaper figure. Your idea seems like a good one, but be choosy with your bits!

Have enjoyed some of the genestealer sculpts, and have consider getting some, but holding back, at least for the moment. :icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Syphon

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 05:12:59 PM »
I like that Reaper figure. Your idea seems like a good one, but be choosy with your bits!

::heretic::

Offline Syphon

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 02:32:49 PM »
Today I bought some alternate models. One Magus that's a bit risqu and one Patriarch. I can't wait to see them!