home

Author Topic: Gaunt's Ghost & New Cadian Boxes ...  (Read 597 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Gaunt's Ghost & New Cadian Boxes ...
« on: June 08, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »
So the new Gaunt's Ghost figures will be out this upcoming week for "pre-order" at $65 US, 55 pounds.  Not bad considering GW is often selling single release characters for $20 and more.  At least there are 6 in here.

And the new Cadian box is also up this weekend with the new sprue. Cost goes up as well ... $45 US, 29 pounds, 35 Euros.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 04:38:27 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of 9th Edition!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »
Price hurts a bit but not unexpected. The Cadian box probably hurts the most. It was 35 Cad here so thats a pretty significant jump. But I'll probably pick up at least one, and was actually waiting off on ordering a Gotrek book so I'll grab the Ghosts at the same time.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 03:44:49 PM »
Be careful Gankom ... it strikes me as interesting that they released the 10 figure set before a new Start Collecting or Combat Patrol box.  You might get more for your expense if waiting until a larger set is released.

As an aside, if you don't mind using the mono pose in the smaller boxes of 5 that end up being less per figure, that is an easy way to bulk up on Imperial Guard.  Although waiting for the release of a larger box will at least perhaps likely get a person the new sprues.

Also, I'm considering getting another of the current Start Collecting boxes, maybe two, before they are discontinued.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 04:09:04 PM »
Price hurts a bit but not unexpected. The Cadian box probably hurts the most. It was 35 Cad here so thats a pretty significant jump. But I'll probably pick up at least one, and was actually waiting off on ordering a Gotrek book so I'll grab the Ghosts at the same time.

This never makes sense to me - plastic Cadians used to come in boxes of 20 at about £18 if I remember rightly! Who has that much cash to pony up £29 for 10 (much beloved and loyal) cannon fodder nowadays? Unless they bulk the boxes back to 20 but somehow I highly doubt that...

Agree with GP here though, I haven't bought any IG in recent years that weren't in a bulk 'battleforce' style set, it's a no-brainer when you work out that you practically get a tank for free! Especially satisfying if you can get the sets somewhere a little cheaper than GW RRP too. Hoping this trend continues and I will just carry on buying the bigger sets with the new bits inside.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Gaunt's Ghost & New Cadian Boxes ...
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 04:43:21 PM »
Those mono pose boxes of 5 come out to about $2 or thereabouts per figure, and that's way cheaper, despite the mono pose look, for bulking an IG army currently.

If I'm patient enough for the new sprues, and there's no immediate need for me not to be, then suspect there'll be at least a Combat Patrol box at some point.